M&M party question

shoesonfire

Would like to hear from recent cruisers when and where their Meet & Mingle party was held. Generally, it's been following sailaway and many "first-timers" who sign up for the party miss out due to unpacking or touring the ship as well as not reading the Pursuits or receiving the invitation in time to attend. Also the muster drill and those planning early dinner often results in a small turn out.

Is it possible for CC to send emails announcing the meeting time and place ahead of time the same way they inform when the registration number has been reached for a party?

the party in general is always 6 pm- has been 5 pm-on the day we sail. Boat drill is at 4 pm and dinner is from 6 pm to 930.

i almost never sign up for the party I just show up to Looking Glass. At times it has been in The Drawing Room. i tend to ask someone I know after boat drill where it is.

due to the fact that sail away is at 6 pm I tend to be outside for that instead.

Hope thsi helps.

the party in general is always 6 pm- has been 5 pm-on the day we sail. Boat drill is at 4 pm and dinner is from 6 pm to 930.

i almost never sign up for the party I just show up to Looking Glass. At times it has been in The Drawing Room. i tend to ask someone I know after boat drill where it is.

due to the fact that sail away is at 6 pm I tend to be outside for that instead.

Hope thsi helps.

do they hold the party not matter the number signed up ... I know it says 25 needed ... just curious ???

Is it possible for CC to send emails announcing the meeting time and place ahead of time the same way they inform when the registration number has been reached for a party?

The M&M registration accessible via Cruise Critic takes you to a link at the cruise line's website... Whenever I've gotten registration confirmation or notice that the minimum number--25 on Celebrity; I understand that Azamara holds a get-together regardless of enrollment level--has or has not been met, those e-mails have come from the cruise line and not Cruise Critic...

I don't think that Cruise Critic tracks/knows enrollment details or onboard logistics but I'm sure that another member--or perhaps, Host Andy--will correct me if I'm wrong...

Jan, it was 6pm on the first day on our May cruise. I have to say that they've all been well attended. At least the ones I have been part of. This goes for roll call members and staff from the ship. A note on your roll call indicating the most likely time and place is a good idea. It's always been in Looking Glass for me.

Phil

Just left Quest last week. Our M&M was held at 6pm on embark day in the Drawing Room because there were fewer than 25 of us. The event was publicised in Pursuits.

If more than 25 enrol there is usually an invitation in your stateroom and the event is usually held at the same time in the Looking Glass.

Hope this helps

do they hold the party not matter the number signed up ... I know it says 25 needed ... just curious ???

went to one that had lije 10 or 12 people.. if i do not look in the paper iask the future cruise person after drill as she is standing near the stairs on deck 5.

i am happy if i unpack befroe 7 so i go if i have time.

Hi Shoesonfire,

I agree that it would be helpful, but I cannot see it happening, as the meeting time and place is decided by the onboard Event Coodinator. I'm virtually certain the emails are sent by the Azamara, and not by Cruise Critic.

I hope this is helpful !

On our September 21 Adriatic cruise, it was held at 6 PM in Looking Glass, which should have been an hour after our Venice sailaway. However, due to protest boaters blocking the way for the 10 (yes, 10!) cruise ships in Venice that day, the sailaway was delayed, and the party started before we totally cleared the main Guidecca channel.

Because we had booked our veranda cabin very intentionally to enjoy this particular sailaway (who knows how long Venice will permit these), we came late to the party by about 20 or 25 minutes, and missed almost all the introductions and definitely were the last to arrive.

We had the good fortune to take two Az cruises this year. Both parties were held at 6pm in the Looking Glass, Deck 10 fwd.

The first was very small, as the requisite number hadn't signed up, but the ship's officers still attended and free drinks (Champagne, etc) and Canapes were served.

The 2nd was altogether different, as there were a large number of CC'ers present. Most Senior Officers were present and we all introduced ourselves. I was already known by many, due to sharing tours and my picture being in my profile.

There is a good relationship between CC and Azamara, which they are keen to enhance.

Archived