private excursion to downtown disney?

ashmac8

had planned a private excursion to KSC but am having second thoughts. My son may or may not enjoy this outing. I am pretty much set against doing disney world as we did that in January and the price is very expensive for not even a full day at the park.

Having said that........ we didnt have a chance to do Downtown Disney so I am thinking of trying to book a private excursion to poke around there and have lunch. Just a laid back day really.

Anyone have luck with this or suggestions for who I could contact to book with?

Cost?

Many thanks in Advance.

My first call would be to Executive VIP or one of the other PC/Cocoa Beach based shuttle providers, but you will likely find it cheaper and easier to rent a car for the day; the drive from PC to Downtown Disney takes just over an hour or so and is mostly toll roads (bring a roll of quarters or ensure that your rental car can use the Sun Pass lanes for a fee). Park and stay as long as you want, leave early to hit the outlet malls (my wife and Daughter's favorite thing to do :(), etc. Good luck! :)

Downtown Disney is a cool place to spend some time if you haven't been there. But in order to answer your question fully, it would be better to know what cruise line your on, how long you are in port and how many people in your group?

Sure Carnival Pride. I think we are there 7am-6pm.

2 in the party (1 adult/1 child)

If you're talking about during your Thanksgiving cruise, be aware that DTD is under construction - they're building what they're calling "Disney Springs." While a lot of the stores & restaurants are still open, it has wreaked havoc on the parking situation.

Forewarned is forearmed!

If you're talking about during your Thanksgiving cruise, be aware that DTD is under construction - they're building what they're calling "Disney Springs." While a lot of the stores & restaurants are still open, it has wreaked havoc on the parking situation.

Forewarned is forearmed!

eeek! I didn't realize. Yes i am planning for Thanksgiving week. Any tips?

Not sure how old your son is, but we love the Space Center it's a great place to visit. I think we've been 3-4 times. The boys were 4 & 6 the first time we went and still enjoyed it as Tweens/teens a few years ago.

Edited by hansolosmom

No reason to do an excursion......I haven't been in a long time but memory tells me there are just shops and restaurants in Downtown Disney.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

• 2 months later...

Was just wondering if you decided to do the Downtown Disney trip??

I am traveling on the Pride Sunday and like you, it's just me and my child. We are in port from 7am - 6pm. Nervous about not making it back in time for the ship. Was thinking if we got to DD by 10, we could stay there till about 2:30-3 and head back. How is traffic? anyone know? It would be on a Wednesday. So nervous about missing the boat, but we aren't interested in the space center, and the beaches there aren't all that. Thanks!