The Upgrade Fairy is Drunk

Yep, the upgrade fairy appears to have tied one on. :D

I'll be sailing this Monday on the Enchantment. I originally booked a JS.

As time went on the prices dropped and the GS's were going for less than I paid for the JS. A simple phone call to RCI moved me into a GS. Happy so far.

Today I check my cruises and I've been upgraded to an OS. The pricing has changed and they're showing an outstanding balance of -$120.00

So not only an upgrade to an OS but getting money back on top of it.

If anyone is sailing on the Enchantment this Monday check your cruise before the upgrade fairy sobers up. :D

As time went on the prices dropped and the GS's were going for less than I paid for the JS. A simple phone call to RCI moved me into a GS. Happy so far.

Today I check my cruises and I've been upgraded to an OS. The pricing has changed and they're showing an outstanding balance of -$120.00

If anyone is sailing on the Enchantment this Monday check your cruise before the upgrade fairy sobers up. :D

Ahoy Florida Scorpion

Congratulations on your upgrade! It's nice to hear that the fairy is still around and that she is enjoying herself it seems!

Enjoy your week, and thanks for the heads up!

Thanks-1.jpg

Ray,

We are on your same cruise next Monday. No upgrade here. Enjoy the OS

Later, Steve:D

Edited by swooldri

Guess what? Sometime between 8am and 12noon today, The Crown and Anchor Free Upgrade Fairy visited us!!! :D:D We went from a Deck 2 VERY forward porthole cabin (#2006) to a Deck 7 Midship D2 Balcony on the Legend through the Panama Canal next month. What a wonderful surprise we got when I checked our My Cruises account to make sure we had our C&A Upgrade Preferences set up right and found out that it wasn't important anymore! :D:D

Guess what? Sometime between 8am and 12noon today, The Crown and Anchor Free Upgrade Fairy visited us!!! :D:D We went from a Deck 2 VERY forward porthole cabin (#2006) to a Deck 7 Midship D2 Balcony on the Legend through the Panama Canal next month. What a wonderful surprise we got when I checked our My Cruises account to make sure we had our C&A Upgrade Preferences set up right and found out that it wasn't important anymore! :D:D

Excellent! So much for the one cat upgrade they have been sending out emails about. That is fantastic!

Excellent! So much for the one cat upgrade they have been sending out emails about. That is fantastic!

Their latest e-mail said they were considering the "one category" upgrade to be from inside to outside/outside to balcony/balcony to suite. So I guess we just lucked out to go from a low category outside to a mid-category balcony by their rules. Sometimes I LOVE playing by the rules!!! :p

Congratulations Ray! Cool deal :cool: We always like those upgrades that are in our favor...and it came about before the booking system overhaul this weekend.

We have one more cruise before the first of the year. :D

~Patti :)

Please come back and tell us all about the bidet. ;)

Edited by Coralc

• 3 weeks later...

Just learned our cat. G ocean view has turned into a D1 balcony on tomorrow's Enchantment. We are Diamond, retired USAF sailing on Veterans Day, celebrating milestone wedding anniversary, sailing with a first time cruiser. Don't know if any of the above played in the decision to upgrade us. Think it has more to me being dressed as a fairy, Poppy wearing his old uniform and the 100 foot banner RCI banner on the roof of our house! We can only guess and be grateful.

Just learned our cat. G ocean view has turned into a D1 balcony on tomorrow's Enchantment. We are Diamond, retired USAF sailing on Veterans Day, celebrating milestone wedding anniversary, sailing with a first time cruiser. Don't know if any of the above played in the decision to upgrade us. Think it has more to me being dressed as a fairy, Poppy wearing his old uniform and the 100 foot banner RCI banner on the roof of our house! We can only guess and be grateful.

Congrats!!!! We will be getting onboard Friday as you are getting off:D How did you find out? Did they call you?

Edited by molly361