Jewel questions

voyager89

Hi,

I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could help me with

1. Do you know if Jewel out of San Juan has a pool deck party at night?

2. I had the option to purchase cupacakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, champagne etc to be delivered to our stateroom the fist day on Oasis. I cant seem to find it anywhere on my account. is it just not available on all ships or is it too early to purchase? Im 75 days away from sailing.

3. I also tried to book a specialty restaurant and I dont have the option to. Is it also too early?

4. Is the helipad open?

5. Are the shows worth it? I have read a couple of times they are kinda pointless / lousy :(

Thanks in advance

Most ships will have the pool party one night.

Can't help with the food delivery...never have used that! There's so much food onboard, I've never felt the need!

It may be too early for the specialty restaurants....if you can't do it in advance, you can do it when you board.

The helipad is open when the Captain says it may be.....too windy or other bad weather, and they close it.

The shows....personal preference! The best thing is to try it...if you don't find it entertaining, you can leave! I'm not a fan of production shows, but I do enjoy the comedians and other guest performers.

On the Radiance class ships, the helipad is open unless it is too dangerous due to weather. It's a really great place to be especially when entering leaving ports.

You should have the option to pre-order stuff (look for the Gifts & Gear link) and pre-book specialty restaurants. However, with the website updates this weekend it may be that things are wonky with other things, like prebooking stuff. Keep watching for those links to appear.

. . .

5. Are the shows worth it? I have read a couple of times they are kinda pointless / lousy

Your question of "are the shows worth it" suggests some extra cost may be involved. If that is part of the questions, there is none, the shows are included. If they are worth your time is a matter of personal opinion and preference. I enjoy them and like to go when I can. The great thing about the shows is that they are structured around other ship activities and dining times. Accordingly, they rarely last longer than 45 minutes or so. A nice break before or after dinner. The only investment is a small amount of time.

Thank you all :)

Your question of "are the shows worth it" suggests some extra cost may be involved. If that is part of the questions, there is none, the shows are included. If they are worth your time is a matter of personal opinion and preference. I enjoy them and like to go when I can. The great thing about the shows is that they are structured around other ship activities and dining times. Accordingly, they rarely last longer than 45 minutes or so. A nice break before or after dinner. The only investment is a small amount of time.

I meant worth the time :p was not specific enough. Thanks

I really hope there is a late night party. I was really looking forward to it on the Oasis and there was none :(

We were on the Sept. 14 sailing- we did have a late night buffet - it was on Day 5 for us. It was a "white night" theme - buffet was set up by the pool at about 10:30 pm or so - unfortunately for us that was our late day in port day in Aruba and we had an excursion from 5 - 7 PM or so and had dinner late so we were not the least bit hungry for that buffet. It did look nice and lots of people were eating. Not sure of the entertainment b/c we did not stay there too long.

I really hope there is a late night party. I was really looking forward to it on the Oasis and there was none :(

Our October 5th sailing (Aruba/Curaçao route) had a late night deck party with a white theme.

As to the shows... well I just made a thread asking if all RCCL shows are so underwhelming. Might want to check out the responses there. It is personal preference but we did not enjoy them.

Our October 5th sailing (Aruba/Curaçao route) had a late night deck party with a white theme.

As to the shows... well I just made a thread asking if all RCCL shows are so underwhelming. Might want to check out the responses there. It is personal preference but we did not enjoy them.

I compare shows on [ah-hem] Carnival with shows on RCI and I wonder why RCI actually has shows? Singers and dancers are very talented and well trained but shows go from nowhere to nowhere, there is no thread or theme, songs and scenes do not connect and in my opinion on RCI they are a waste of time.

Entertainers on the other hand are great. I liked the juggler, impersonator was fairly good, other guest entertainers were great as well, Elvis is hilarious, and the Cruise Director (forgot her name) has a great schtic on the last night of the cruise...

Entertainers on the other hand are great. I liked the juggler, impersonator was fairly good, other guest entertainers were great as well, Elvis is hilarious, and the Cruise Director (forgot her name) has a great schtic on the last night of the cruise...

Carly B. She did a great Love & Marriage Show on ours. That one WAS worth going to, we laughed a lot.

We did our first cruise ever with RRCL Jewel on September 28th for a week. Our previous travel experience includes a dozen or so European backpacking trips and four five-star resorts, along with SCUBA diving. I'm 35 and my wife is 32.

I was impressed with the entertainment! Everyone was friendly and having a good time, and the energy levels were high. Each night had a different theme party. The evening shows at the Coral theatre included Analiza Ching (violinist, won Britain's Got Talent some year), two comedians (one with juggling), a Las Vegas singer/voice performer who was widely recognized but I cannot for the life of me remember his name, two broadway musicals, and a few other shows.

My absolute favorite show was a smaller venue in the Safari Club on the last night of the cruise. It was a jazz cabaret, and it was excellent. I sat by the curve-around bar, ordered a mojito, and noticed that all around me were the other performers (cruise and otherwise) and officers. They'd turned up to watch.

Maybe people with more experience cruising are revealing just how good some shows can be, but I enjoyed every night on the Jewel.

EDIT: Sorry, I was caught up in reverie and missed the other questions. There were several pool parties, we didn't check the options, we were so happy with the main restaurant that we didn't try a specialty, and helipad was open.

We were on the September 14th sailing of the Jewel. We were told by the guy that was at our M&M that the helicopter deck on the Jewel was only open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM due to many problems with teens. The only time it was open after 6:00 PM was the night we left Antigua and then only until about 7:00 PM. It was really disappointing for us since this is usually the one place on the ship that is dark enough to see the stars! He said that when there are less children on board they will open it up for longer hours.

Cheryl

Archived