For those who have sailed out of Houston (Bayport)...

chrismch

There are many options. We like going the afternoon before and staying at a hotel, eating the free breakfast and leaving our car there for the week at no extra cost. We have never had a problem. Some hotels offer shuttles, or there is a van shuttle that goes to all diff. hotels. My husband dropped me and luggage off and went back to our hotel and parked and took the $10 shuttle. Problem free. Easy return as well..we didn't wait but 5 min.

There are many options. We like going the afternoon before and staying at a hotel, eating the free breakfast and leaving our car there for the week at no extra cost. We have never had a problem. Some hotels offer shuttles, or there is a van shuttle that goes to all diff. hotels. My husband dropped me and luggage off and went back to our hotel and parked and took the $10 shuttle. Problem free. Easy return as well..we didn't wait but 5 min.

Aren't you talking about Galveston? This question is about the Bayport terminal. This terminal has been used just once for about a month after Ike. No one really knows how things will pan out after Princess starts sailing from Bayport next week. Stay tuned, as they say!!

We sailed out of there in 2005. We parked in a gravel lot for $50 for the week. I am sure that is no longer the case though.

Don't think you sailed out of Bayport. It was used for a month after Ike. There was another terminal on Galveston Bay back then at Barber's Cut.

After Ike I thought we would be sailing out of bay port ,but Galveston opened back up. I was dreading bay port because of the parking. It was an open lot and everyone else got to park in the grass. I would of not liked paying full price to do that.

They have known parking was an issue so maybe this time around they worked on having more before opening up.

Archived