Anyone get banned and allowed back

sea_u_onboard

It was a passenger named Brenda Moran. Google her and you can see her story. I think it was RCCL, but she made a habit doing this in every aspect of her life.

You are correct, thats it. It was pretty interesting at the time.

I seriously doubt she was banned for life for underage drinking. My thoughts are that she signed some sort of form to protect Carnival and its employees and they told her she "Could be Banned". :confused:

Now if Drugs were involved thats another story.

If it were me.... I would book them and see.

Edit: Was it a TA contacted about the list, or a PVP? I can see an TA not having access to the list but a PVP should.

Edited by BigDfromTN

Usually I would have no sympathy for anybody "banned for life" but perhaps, if nothing else is revealed, they should lift the ban.

If anything Carnival may be too lenient in never wanting to alienate any possible $$$'s ,oops I mean honored guests.;)

Whoops. I didn't think it was possible to be banned for under age drinking, but it seems (at least on Royal) you can be.

http://www.thetravelmagazine.net/i-2730--cruise-ship-how-to-get-banned.html

Royal Caribbean (along with sister companies Celebrity Cruises and Azamara) has put into place one of the industry's most concrete procedures and processes as related to its "no sail" list. First, it established a "guest conduct policy" that identifies specific behaviors it considers worthy of "no sail" potential. These, available in every passenger cabin on its ships, include but are not limited to harassment, solicitation, underage drinking, reserving deck chairs (okay, chances of being banned for snagging deck chairs are, er, minimal but it's in the policy), smoking in non-designated areas, and carrying illegal drugs onboard. It also spells out unacceptable forms of unsafe behavior, including "sitting, standing, laying or climbing on, over or across any exterior or interior railings or other protective barriers."

Read more: http://www.thetravelmagazine.net/i-2730--cruise-ship-how-to-get-banned.html#ixzz2jGSwieqk

Follow us: @TravelMagazine on Twitter | TheTravelMagazine on Facebook

LOL...I love how it also lists 'reserving deck chairs' as a way to be banned.

Chair hogging gets a lifetime ban. Sounds good.:D

Seriously I wonder if the RC and CCL lifetime bans are in fact that or will they reconsider after some time.

I fully believe there are some actions that deserve a lifelong banishment with the case facts being shared with other cruise lines.

Usually I would have no sympathy for anybody "banned for life" but perhaps, if nothing else is revealed, they should lift the ban.

If anything Carnival may be too lenient in never wanting to alienate any possible $$$'s ,oops I mean honored guests.;)Chair hogging gets a lifetime ban. Sounds good.:D

Seriously I wonder if the RC and CCL lifetime bans are in fact that or will they reconsider after some time.

I fully believe there are some actions that deserve a lifelong banishment with the case facts being shared with other cruise lines.

Interesting to consider they would share some info on these things (more from a security perspective than anything else). Lifetime does sound severe, depending on the scenario....

Edited by jimbo5544

is a 20 year old not an adult -- why would they send a letter to her parents -- she is an adult.

she should also have a letter of trespas that explains the ban and how long and why.

Apparently she is not an adult with Carnival since she can not book a cabin/ nor drink anywhere at the age of 20. It would seem as if her emergency contact would be notified.................but you know Carnival and their rules, not consistant.

Underage drinking and/or smoking weed is not likely to get you banned.

But selling drugs, prostitution, theft, destruction of property, physical harm to others, etc. could get you banned. Usually when something like this has happened the passenger is greeted upon return by the police.

It's possible something has not been mentioned and it could be as simple as Carnival mistakenly put your friend on the banned list. A call or letter from an attorney representing your friend would be the way to clear this up.

The way it was explained to me is if he booked all the cabins at the same time they would cancel them all as more of protection against penalties (if the rate had one or they were within the final payment period). If Carnival cancels they are entitled to the deposit and any other monies back.

The reservation will "pop" to let someone at carnival know there is an issue. Even if she is on the list I was told there is still some discretion as to whether they will or will not allow her to return. It is case by case. I think if he were to book 5 cabins and they see it's a family thing they would be less likely to cancel.

Hi SeaU,

Isn't the obvious answer just to call Carnival, ask for a supervisor, explain to them what happened 3 years ago and ask for absolution?

Can't believe kids can serve in the military at 18, or younger with parental approval, (and I don't in any way mean to disparage the honour and nobility of military service so stand down flamers!), but makes them wait until 21 to have a beer. <face palm>

Anyway, you might find this is a just a tempest in a teacup upon further exploration.

Enjoy!

HTP

:cool:

It was a passenger named Brenda Moran. Google her and you can see her story. I think it was RCCL, but she made a habit doing this in every aspect of her life.

Sorry to get off topic but had to share. My SIL manages a Starbucks store. Last week a woman came in with a Starbucks cup and said her iced drink had melted that she bought THREE days ago. She demanded to talk to the manager and said she would even call the regional office if she didn't get a new drink or her money back.

Obviously a scam but Starbucks trains its managers to keep the customer happy so he gave her what she wanted. He can refuse to serve her in the future if she keeps doing it though.

Sorry to get off topic but had to share. My SIL manages a Starbucks store. Last week a woman came in with a Starbucks cup and said her iced drink had melted that she bought THREE days ago. She demanded to talk to the manager and said she would even call the regional office if she didn't get a new drink or her money back.

Obviously a scam but Starbucks trains its managers to keep the customer happy so he gave her what she wanted. He can refuse to serve her in the future if she keeps doing it though.

I had a boss like that when I was a kid with a part time job. Drive us crazy. We had policy, but he sold override and give them anything for any reason.

I had a friend that was told the same thing she was kicked off in Cozumel due to the fact that some guy grabbed her butt and she slapped him. The kicked all parties off and were told that they were banded. She just went on a cruise a month ago. They said no but then she kept fighting it. Then looked at it and understood. But different situation. I have a feeling as long as drugs are not involved I feel like this wasn't the end all things to get a life time band. But please keep us informed.

I agree. If that was exactly what she was banned for, I doubt it would make sense to adhere to that ban as she is now over 21 and they'll likely plow her with alcohol as they try to with every drinking passenger.

It makes no sense to have a lifetime ban for this 'crime'....

Maybe this is my naivety but wouldn't the cruise be more concerned with keeping a 5 stateroom reservation than cancelling over a 20-year-old having some drinks 3 years ago?

You would think....

I had a boss like that when I was a kid with a part time job. Drive us crazy. We had policy, but he sold override and give them anything for any reason.

It's not that they over ride you. It's making a business decision. It is easer just to give the person anther cup of coffee. That cup may only cost then a few pennies. No time lost, seen avoided, ect. Now if they come back every Tuesday doing the same thing. Then it is clearly going to be no. Carnival just did the same thing for me with regards for a price drop. They made a business decision.

I have been working with the same person at carnival for 10 years and they are very knowledgable and have many contacts up the latter. He had me on hold for quite some time before he came back to tell me that the list is not disclosed. He said book the cabins and IF it does pop (because we don't know if she is really on the list) he can deal with it at that point.

I agree that if they see 5 cabins booked and it was a minor offensive (or just a warning) they will probably allow the bookings.

I emailed my friend this morning to see if he booked but no response yet. I'll keep everyone updated.

There was a thread a couple years back on someone who whined and complained all the time and on every cruise with the expressed interest of getting discounted and or to be comped cruises. I think it was on Royal (but this is def not a royal vs CCL thing) but am not sure. There was an article from a a paper on how this person was banend from life. In the thread there was scans of the letter sent to them from the cruise line saying thanks but no thanks for any future sailing. I think it was in CA but not sure.

It was Royal, I found it when looking for banned stories.

The couple did seem as if they were trying to scam the system.

It's possible something has not been mentioned and it could be as simple as Carnival mistakenly put your friend on the banned list. A call or letter from an attorney representing your friend would be the way to clear this up.

A letter or call from an attorney won't do much. Carnival can ban whoever they want to.

A letter or call from an attorney won't do much. Carnival can ban whoever they want to.

I am sure there are good reasons that people get banned. We are probably better off not knowing what a lot of them are. Sometimes being off the radar screen is best.

We were on a Carnival ship a few years ago. I noticed a security agent take a young man aside and talk to him one evening.

When we docked at home port we were delayed well over a hour before permitted to disembark.

About 10 college students were taken off the ship before any passengers were permitted off, we were waiting in a lounge for VIP to disembark, thought it was odd that several sherriff cars and sherrifs drove up and came on baoard the ship.

The Porter told me that a couple boys were taken off in handcuffs, the boys were lined up against the wall and 1 by 1 processed.

I would not have been a happy parent to get the call from my son telling me he was arrested. Wonder if this group of boys were banned for life.

Maybe this is my naivety but wouldn't the cruise be more concerned with keeping a 5 stateroom reservation than cancelling over a 20-year-old having some drinks 3 years ago?

Not naive, just logical. Cruise lines are lots of things but logical isn't one of them. :)