Oasis - room temperature

And the thermostat works well too. It would be cold in the room when we came back from the pool to get ready for dinner. I would turn up the heat a little and then forget to put it back before we left. When we would go to bed at night I would get in trouble because it was too hot in the room- we had an inside room so no balcony to quickly get some air flow.

And the thermostat works well too. It would be cold in the room when we came back from the pool to get ready for dinner. I would turn up the heat a little and then forget to put it back before we left. When we would go to bed at night I would get in trouble because it was too hot in the room- we had an inside room so no balcony to quickly get some air flow.

Funny, that happens to us all the time. What's the inside room like?

How do the beds come down from the walls? Do they go right on top of the 2 beds that get pushed into a king? We'll have our 2 kids with us (age 7/9) and they might want to sleep on the "bunk" but if not, I'll get the bunk and they'll have to fight over who sleeps with dad in the king. Worried that they will fall off and land on the floor.

Funny, that happens to us all the time. What's the inside room like?

How do the beds come down from the walls? Do they go right on top of the 2 beds that get pushed into a king? We'll have our 2 kids with us (age 7/9) and they might want to sleep on the "bunk" but if not, I'll get the bunk and they'll have to fight over who sleeps with dad in the king. Worried that they will fall off and land on the floor.

If all of the inside cabins are the same size you will be cozy with 4 people in the cabin but you really don't spend much time there anyway. The kids can stay on the couch or bed and watch TV while mom and dad get ready and vice versa. And not to scare you but the cabin did seem a little smaller than I remember cabins on other ships being. But we have also mostly had balconies when there where three of us. However, the rest of the ship is amazing and we, probably like you, did the inside cabin because it was the most economical. We said from the start it was our only affordable option and were okay with it because we really wanted to do Oasis and we also wouldn't spend much time there.....and we really didn't....there was just so much to do elsewhere for us. You will love Oasis and be very happy that you chose to cruise on her.

But to finish answering your question, our cabin didn't have the beds that came down from the ceiling. We initially had our 15 year old with us and the couch just turned into a bed for him. He ended up staying in a nearby room with a cousin so we had the room to ourselves the whole week and had the stateroom attendant not make the bed each night. That gave us more room. It wasn't a typical hide a bed but one that pulled straight out and pushed straight back in (after a little persuasion) and it didn't leave too much room to get through from our bed to the bathroom because the layout as you walked through the room from the door was: bathroom on the right, then couch on the right, tv/cabinetry on the left and then bed all the way at the back. So you had to cross over the end of the couch bed to get to the bathroom when it was made up at night.

We did have the over head beds that drop down on a different cruise and they were right over the bed. You should ask the question as it's own thread because I am sure somebody will know and probably have pictures too.

Just remember on the Oasis if the balcony door is open or even not locked into place the air (thermostat) doesn't work.;)

We were on the allure in August and they had installed a special new door lock. You could turn the balcony door handle down (in the locked position) while out on the balcony which enabled the AC to keep working. Inside up on the wall was an additional lock mechanism for night time. Possibly they have done this on all the ships.

:p:p this is for my wife...how hot or cool are the bars ,lounges, etc in the evening ,sleeve or long sleeve conditions..THANKS!!

In our experience also very comfortable - don't think any additional clothing or long sleeve wear is needed as the indoor temperature of the ship is relatively constant and "indoor comfortable".

Very subjective question! I am most comfortable at temps between 66 and 72. That is my comfort zone. Most people feel that is too cold, though.

I think you would get better answers by asking if anybody knew what the temperatures really were. It's like asking if you'll like the dining room food or if the beds are comfy. Everyone will give you a different answer. My father in law thinks that anything below 95 degrees is "cold." So your question needs a bit if clarification!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

:p:p this is for my wife...how hot or cool are the bars ,lounges, etc in the evening ,sleeve or long sleeve conditions..THANKS!!

Please tell your wife to bring a wrap with her. You never know. All my evening dresses are sleeveless so I bring a wrap and throw it over my shoulders and when walking around the deck, I remove it. I hate being cold. Anything under 75 degrees is a bit chilly for me. I wear socks to bed all year round. Sorry IMO.

Archived