123 Go - Beverage Package

#4'smom

We have the 123 Go-Beverage Package on Nov 30 Summit and I am wondering if we will have to pay the 15% on each drink still or is it included in the package price?

It's included. Enjoy your Cruise !

Just remember that the classic package only covers beers up to 500 and wine and mixed drinks up to 800. If you want to have a Martini at the Martini Bar, it will cost you 11.00, since the price recently went up. It is covered if you upgrade to the premium package since all three categories are covered up to 12.00. The premium package will also expand your beer choices at Michael's Pub. Marco at the Martini Bar on the Summit makes a great drink. ;)

Can we use our classic drink package for wine when dining in Murano or other alternate dining rooms?

As I understand it, the drink package does not apply in any specialty dining facility. However, if you show up with a glass of wine in your hand, no one's going to stop you. Also, I think you get a discount if you purchase a bottle of wine.

I have the 123 package for an upcoming cruise. Can I buy an $11 martini and only pay the $3 difference ($11 cost - $8 maximum) plus the tip on the $3?

No, you have to pay $11 + 15%. Only with the Premium package you will charged with the difference + 15 %.

If you have the classic, the limits are 500 on beer and 800 on wine and alcohol. Anything above those limits, you pay the entire amount, plus 15%. With the Premium, all three limits are 12.00, so the martinis at the Martini Bar and the concoctions at the Molecular Bar on the S Class ships are covered. The 12.00 limit also expands your beer choices at those ships with a Michael's Pub.

Of course you can use your Classic Package in a Specialty restaurant - we did! The choices of wine by the glass are rather limited though but you can find something.

Personally I'd advise you to try the Classic package first for a day or two before you decide to upgrade as a lot of CC members write. Quite a lot of decent wines, beers, cocktails are included. It's only worth to upgrade if you are interested in the more expensive ones like martinis or want to have a better choice of wines, beers etc. Sparkling water is also not included in the Classic package which is the biggest drawback in my opinion because the offered water in bottles tastes like tap water.

When does the package start....as soon as you board...or do you have to pick up something in your room and then have your card activated...???

Your room key has the beverage package identified on it. So when you check in & get your room key - you have your drink package ready to go!

Your room key has the beverage package identified on it. So when you check in & get your room key - you have your drink package ready to go!

Yes, our seas pass had CALL listed under the Pkg type portion of the card. That meant Classic Bev Package.

We loved having the package. I got the fresh squeezed juice every morning. Specialty coffees, bottled water for going on shore, beer, wine and some frozen drinks. We have elite status and got the vouchers for drinks between 5 and 7pm. Did not need them since our package covered drinks 24/7. We had no problem with the classic package. One evening DH decided to have a martini and had to pay for that one drink the entire cruise. The Premium package would have given us more choices but we managed to have a great time with out that extra cost.

I read that Martinis fromthe Martini bar are not inlcuded in the classic drink package.

some say you can order a smaller martini in that bar under the classic package- others say no.

Can you get a martini from any of the other bars that is included in the classic package

Can you upgrade one person to the Premium package?

Is is the same price toupgrade on board as it is on line?

I read that Martinis fromthe Martini bar are not inlcuded in the classic drink package.

some say you can order a smaller martini in that bar under the classic package- others say no.

Can you get a martini from any of the other bars that is included in the classic package

Can you upgrade one person to the Premium package?

Is is the same price to upgrade on board as it is on line?

You can get the smaller martinis at bars other than the martini bar as long as they are made with the spirits included in the classic package. I've read different experiences about the martini bar. Some reports are that they do not serve martinis there for classic beverage package holders, some report that they will serve them the small martinis but only from a limited menu and some reports are that they will serve them any martini on the menu in a smaller size. I guess you won't know for certain until you get on board and try to order one. Even if they don't serve martinis under the classic package the martini bar is a full service bar so you should be able to get any other drink there which is normally available under the classic package.

Does anyone know if you can change from classic to premium package once the cruise starts?
Yes, you can upgrade at any time up to 3 days left in your cruise and pay the difference in price. The martini bar and molecular bar is what really makes the premium package worth it and of course if you like better beers or better wine, then the 12.00 limits are helpful as well instead of only 5.00 or 8.00.

some say you can order a smaller martini in that bar under the classic package- others say no. At the martini bar on the summit, the only smaller martinis were either basic vodka or a cosmo or an appletini, all made with Absolute Vodka. These were reluctantly made by the bartenders and on more than 1 occasion I overheard bartenders mentioning that this was a higher end Martini Bar with Premium spirits. Even though you can get any drink there, they do prefer to make the Martini's as they get burned out on the basic drinks during the day that they make at the other bars and they can showcase their talents at the Martini bar.

Can you get a martini from any of the other bars that is included in the classic package Yes, the same 3 as above.

Can you upgrade one person to the Premium package? Yes

Is is the same price toupgrade on board as it is on line? There has been a recent price increase, but if you have the classic package as part of the 1-2-3 or pick your perk promo, the increase to do it on board is still only 11.50. That is what we were recently charged on the Summit.

Responses are above