123 Go - Beverage Package

#4'smom

Yes, you can upgrade at any time up to 3 days left in your cruise and pay the difference in price. The martini bar and molecular bar is what really makes the premium package worth it and of course if you like better beers or better wine, then the 12.00 limits are helpful as well instead of only 5.00 or 8.00.

Sorry if this has been asked before......if you do Classic the first 2 days.....and then decide to upgrade to Premiun.......are you only charged the diff. For 5 days? Or the entire 7 days?

Thanks

As the original poster, I would like to thank everyone for replying and giving such valuable feedback.:)

I called Celebrity yesterday and asked about upgrading only myself to the Premium Package as my husband tends to drink only beer and wine. They told me that due to their recent price increase, pre-cruise you can only do an upgrade if all the passengers in the cabin do it at a cost of $11.50/day per person more ($10.00 + 15% gratuity). OR Once onboard, I could upgrade only myself but at a cost of $17.25/day ($15.00 + 15% gratuity).

Once I did all the math for our 7 day sailing, we decided to upgrade the both of us. They charged us $161.00 pre-cruise to upgrade the both of us whereas, it would have cost $122.50 to do it onboard for just one of us. The $38.50 difference will now allow my husband to enjoy some fancy coffee drinks after dinner. :p

As the original poster' date=' I would like to thank everyone for replying and giving such valuable feedback.:)

I called Celebrity yesterday and asked about upgrading only myself to the Premium Package as my husband tends to drink only beer and wine. They told me that due to their recent price increase, [u']pre-cruise[/u] you can only do an upgrade if all the passengers in the cabin do it at a cost of $11.50/day per person more ($10.00 + 15% gratuity). OR Once onboard, I could upgrade only myself but at a cost of $17.25/day ($15.00 + 15% gratuity).

Once I did all the math for our 7 day sailing, we decided to upgrade the both of us. They charged us $161.00 pre-cruise to upgrade the both of us whereas, it would have cost $122.50 to do it onboard for just one of us. The $38.50 difference will now allow my husband to enjoy some fancy coffee drinks after dinner. :p

Good result for yourself and your hubby. :D

Awesome....gives us a day or so to see if the Classic works for us.....thanks
Since I just got off of the Summit, I can tell you that the best places that our Premium package worked was at the Martini Bar and also at Michael's Pub. The martini's are now 11.00, so the classic will not work and with the beer limit going from 5.00 with the classic to 12.00 with the premium it opens up many more beer choices at the Pub.

Since I just got off of the Summit, I can tell you that the best places that our Premium package worked was at the Martini Bar and also at Michael's Pub. The martini's are now 11.00, so the classic will not work and with the beer limit going from 5.00 with the classic to 12.00 with the premium it opens up many more beer choices at the Pub.

It also opens the Molecular bar for drinks at the 'pay the difference from $12' prices.:D

...I called Celebrity yesterday and asked about upgrading only myself to the Premium Package as my husband tends to drink only beer and wine. They told me that due to their recent price increase' date=' [u']pre-cruise[/u] you can only do an upgrade if all the passengers in the cabin do it at a cost of $11.50/day per person more ($10.00 + 15% gratuity). OR Once onboard, I could upgrade only myself but at a cost of $17.25/day ($15.00 + 15% gratuity). ...

There has been a lot of misinformation about this with some people from Celebrity saying the onboard price is higher ($15 + gratuity) and some saying it is the same $10+Gratuity regardless of whether you upgrade on board or in advance. There was a long thread about this and it seemed to end with an official representative from Celebrity posting here that it is always the $10. Here is a link to the post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40243642#post40243642

And here is a copy of the message:

Hi all,

As some posters have pointed out, we posted some inaccurate information with regards to purchasing and/or upgrading a beverage package.

If you have a Classic beverage package, either from purchasing it, or receiving it from a Celebrity promotion, you will be able to upgrade from the Classic to Premium beverage package, either beforehand or onboard, at the cost of $10/day (plus 15% gratuity).

There has been a lot of misinformation about this with some people from Celebrity saying the onboard price is higher ($15 + gratuity) and some saying it is the same $10+Gratuity regardless of whether you upgrade on board or in advance. There was a long thread about this and it seemed to end with an official representative from Celebrity posting here that it is always the $10. Here is a link to the post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40243642#post40243642

And here is a copy of the message:

Thanks Larry for the clarification.

Really, with the drinks package promo, they were being a lot more restrictive and both people in the cabin had to have it or none at all.:D

I was able to upgrade pre-cruise for only one of the people in a cabin, by calling: Cruise Enhancement Department at: 1-800-722-5941. I was able to upgrade both my boyfriend and me in our cabin, and just my step-father (and not my mother) in their cabin. This was a couple of weeks ago.

As the original poster' date=' I would like to thank everyone for replying and giving such valuable feedback.:)

I called Celebrity yesterday and asked about upgrading only myself to the Premium Package as my husband tends to drink only beer and wine. They told me that due to their recent price increase, [u']pre-cruise[/u] you can only do an upgrade if all the passengers in the cabin do it at a cost of $11.50/day per person more ($10.00 + 15% gratuity). OR Once onboard, I could upgrade only myself but at a cost of $17.25/day ($15.00 + 15% gratuity).

I was able to upgrade pre-cruise for only one of the people in a cabin, by calling: Cruise Enhancement Department at: 1-800-722-5941BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=. I was able to upgrade both my boyfriend and me in our cabin, and just my step-father (and not my mother) in their cabin. This was a couple of weeks ago.

It appears that consistancy of policy is not a X standard. I was referring to booking online not over the phone, negotiating over the phone many more options are available.:D

Yes, you can upgrade at any time up to 3 days left in your cruise and pay the difference in price. The martini bar and molecular bar is what really makes the premium package worth it and of course if you like better beers or better wine, then the 12.00 limits are helpful as well instead of only 5.00 or 8.00.

Hello - Do you know if you are able to take a glass of wine from the bar back to your cabin?

Hello - Do you know if you are able to take a glass of wine from the bar back to your cabin?

Yes you can.

You can also take back unopened bottles of beer to enjoy later in your cabin at your leisure. If you have a drink package, bring a small collapsible cooler, and you can fill it with ice that you get from your cabin steward to take those unopened beers ashore to take to the beach. I have never done this, but have heard about hard core beer drinkers that do so they can stretch a few dollars. :)

I've done many times what SNJCruiser just mentioned regarding bringing beer offshore with a collapsable cooler. You can get the Grolsch swingtops which work great as well as bottled waters. I just give the room steward a tip at beginning of cruise and ask him to keep the cooler full of ice. Michaels and their premium beer has been mentioned many times in this thread. I've very much looking forward to drinking their microbrews. are any of these special beers available in any of other bars and what are the hours of Michaels.

It also opens the Molecular bar for drinks at the 'pay the difference from $12' prices.:D

Your incorrect, you can get all drinks at the molecular at the $13.75 price as they are included in the premium package. The molecular bar is the only evening spot we go to and have never paid extra. So much misinformation,

Michaels and their premium beer has been mentioned many times in this thread. I've very much looking forward to drinking their microbrews. are any of these special beers available in any of other bars and what are the hours of Michaels.
On our recent Summit cruise, Michael's was open each evening from 500-100, with the exception of Sunday, when it was open earlier for Football, the NFL kind, not the round ball kind. :rolleyes:

Your incorrect, you can get all drinks at the molecular at the $13.75 price as they are included in the premium package. The molecular bar is the only evening spot we go to and have never paid extra. So much misinformation,

My point was that the Molecular bar is a great place to drink if you have the Premium package. There are some drinks you can order that are more than the $13.75 (in any bar) and you only pay the difference if you have the Premium package.:D

I'll be sailing in March....and am planning to buy the Premium beverage package...my question is on port days, I like to have a room service breakfast...will I be able to get my fresh orange juice?:confused:

I'll be sailing in March....and am planning to buy the Premium beverage package...my question is on port days, I like to have a room service breakfast...will I be able to get my fresh orange juice?:confused:

The beverage packages are not good for room service nor beverages from the mini bar in your cabin. If you have a CC cabin or above the OJ from room service is supposed to be fresh squeezed. Other cabins get the basic OJ from concentrate served in the dining room and buffet at no charge.

If there is an extra charge drink you'd like in your cabin, which otherwise is included in your beverage package, you'll have to go to a bar or cafe to get it and bring it back yourself. If you and your cabin mate both have packages then one of you can retrieve both drinks by taking both of your cards to the bar or cafe with you.

Some people decide the packages are not right for them because of the room service issue.

Edited by Lsimon

I was able to upgrade pre-cruise for only one of the people in a cabin, by calling: Cruise Enhancement Department at: 1-800-722-5941. I was able to upgrade both my boyfriend and me in our cabin, and just my step-father (and not my mother) in their cabin. This was a couple of weeks ago.

This is good advice. It is what we did and had no problems upgrading me, but kept my husband with the classic package.

I'm new to celebrity. What is the 123 drink package?

It was a booking promotion since expired. Could get a choice of one of three promos. One was the Classic beverage package.

It seems to have been replaced by the "pick your perk" promotions in recent months.:D