Wondering If.....

Yes, keep us posted.

Please stop using so many dots, !, and ? You know there is a daily limit, right? And, you have used ALL of them for yesterday and today :eek:

###

Good Morning

I truly had no idea that there was a rule against dots, explanation points and question marks. Writing without them is going to be hard for me. Seems a little boring.

Have a good day:)

You cannot combine a C & A certificate discount with a C & A balcony discount based on your tier level - its one or the other

You CAN combine a C & a Certificate with a resident rate

If your Ta cannot get it to price with the new system on line - have him call reservations - it can be done

Thank you - I will ask my TA to call reservations if he has trouble with it:)

Hi Everyone - My TA just contacted me - he called Royal and he said they said being able to combine C&A certificate and other discounts depends on what the new rate code says. He said for this ship and sailing date the new rate codes say you can't combine.

I guess there isn't much more I can do.

Thanks for your responses - I appreciate all of them. Unfortunately I'm a bit disappointed in the outcome but I tried and so did my TA.

Have a good day:):)

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

Guess its to be expected. They just keep whittling away at discounts and special offers.

I remember those good ole days when you could combine everything and get adjusted discounted fares right up until sailing. What was that bird....o yeah, a DoDo;):p

Edited by BecciBoo

Guess its to be expected. They just keep whittling away at discounts and special offers.

I remember those good ole days when you could combine everything and get adjusted discounted fares right up until sailing. What was that bird....o yeah, a DoDo;):p

I also remember being able to combine discounts - I definitely learned a lot the past few days - I'm just glad I got the C&A Certificate of $225 BEFORE I saw the lesser $$ resident discount - I wonder what would have happened if the resident rate was applied THEN I saw the C&A certificate? Hopefully they would have given me a choice as to which discount I wanted to be applied?:confused::confused:

Hi Everyone - My TA just contacted me - he called Royal and he said they said being able to combine C&A certificate and other discounts depends on what the new rate code says. He said for this ship and sailing date the new rate codes say you can't combine.

I guess there isn't much more I can do.

Thanks for your responses - I appreciate all of them. Unfortunately I'm a bit disappointed in the outcome but I tried and so did my TA.

Have a good day:):)

really surprised - never heard of this before - in fact - I have used a certificate and a police discount together

really surprised - never heard of this before - in fact - I have used a certificate and a police discount together

When was the last time you combined discounts? My TA and CORALC (on the thread) said the new booking system started the last week or so in October. Have you tried to combine since then? I was really hoping to save around $100 or so. I wonder if there is a sale before final payment if I will be able to secure that rate?

I think he is joking

I'm tooo sensitive - I take everything seriously - I wonder if he was joking or not about the ....... !!! ?? ;)

When was the last time you combined discounts? My TA and CORALC (on the thread) said the new booking system started the last week or so in October. Have you tried to combine since then? I was really hoping to save around $100 or so. I wonder if there is a sale before final payment if I will be able to secure that rate?

I'm tooo sensitive - I take everything seriously - I wonder if he was joking or not about the ....... !!! ?? ;)

I like the ............ !!! and ?? :p

Try Princess, everything can be combined.:D

Try Princess, everything can be combined.:D

That's interesting - cruise lines sure have their own way of making guests want to cruise with them - we never tried Princess - only Royal and Carnival - I guess the bottom line is profit - can't blame them - still disappointed that we can't combine discounts- I just have to accept it:(

That's interesting - cruise lines sure have their own way of making guests want to cruise with them - we never tried Princess - only Royal and Carnival - I guess the bottom line is profit - can't blame them - still disappointed that we can't combine discounts- I just have to accept it:(

I have never tried Princess either but they continually send me all types of special offers to get me aboard. Sometimes I think that they try a lot harder to get me than RCI does to keep me.

I have never tried Princess either but they continually send me all types of special offers to get me aboard. Sometimes I think that they try a lot harder to get me than RCI does to keep me.

Would you consider taking a Princess cruise? I think about it once in a while but chicken out when it comes to booking. I don't get ever get special offers to "convince" me - maybe then I would think harder:)

Would you consider taking a Princess cruise? I think about it once in a while but chicken out when it comes to booking. I don't get ever get special offers to "convince" me - maybe then I would think harder:)

I think about it once in awhile also. But that is far as I get with it.

Last time I combined a certificate saving discount and a police discount was last December - yes, new system started Oct 28 - however I did not expect this combo would be affected.

If there is a price drop before final pay you should be able to get it - the new system doesn't affect that.

I actually just booked Explorer for this NYE - December 2013 - I booked after the new system went into affect - there was a resident rate and I was able to apply my Diamond C & A balcony discount of $200 as well.

Edited by LovesCruising

Please read the thread.

hi Mom - I did - what did I miss - OP booked with a Saving Certificate and wants to now apply a resident rate.

Maybe I wasn't clear - you can combine both of those.

What you cannot combine is a Saving Certificate and a C & A balcony discount - example - Saving Certificate is $225 off - Diamond Balcony discount if booked more than 6 months in advance is $225 off - you can't use both - you have to pick 1.

I was referring to all of the posts in between the OP's post and yours.

You wrote what had been written a dozen times already.

:)

Just sayin'.

I was referring to all of the posts in between the OP's post and yours.

You wrote what had been written a dozen times already.

Just sayin'.

Like when someone asks if RCI ships have self service laundries at a couple of dozen people have to post "No"?

Last time I combined a certificate saving discount and a police discount was last December - yes, new system started Oct 28 - however I did not expect this combo would be affected.

If there is a price drop before final pay you should be able to get it - the new system doesn't affect that.

I actually just booked Explorer for this NYE - December 2013 - I booked after the new system went into affect - there was a resident rate and I was able to apply my Diamond C & A balcony discount of $200 as well.

Interesting that you were able to combine the resident rate and C&A Balcony discount - that's fantastic!!! My TA did say that different ships and sail dates have different New System Rules.......some sailings allow combining discounts- some don't - glad you were able to combine! Thanks for all your responses too:)

Thanks, I will keep looking for a price drop - final payment is the beginning of December so I have another month of keeping my fingers crossed:)

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX