Printing our airplane boarding passes

Based on what I know, you'll only be able to print from home the departure and not the return because of the 24 hours window. You can print on board ,if you pay for the usage of the internet and the printer is free, as it is connected to the computer.

Never sailed Independence but on other Freedom Class ships there was no place to print them free as far as I know unless you're in a suite. In that case the concierge will print them for you. Other options include:

• Using the ship's internet if you bought minutes and print them in the lounge.
  • For Southwest, use the internet to check in and then print them at the airport.
  • Using luggage valet and let guest services print them.

If you are a crown & anchor member there may be free Internet minutes on your savings coupons ( they may all be on the sea pass card now). I don't remember at what level that starts, but that is what we use to print our return trip boarding passes. Make sure you have your confirmation numbers with you.... On our last cruise I didn't bring it because I was sure I could remember it. We ended up having to call SW from the ship:p.

I'll be on Independence next month. Is there any I can print out my airplane boarding passes for free the day before we end our cruise?

on the ship no. but it is a good idea to do so the day before prior to boarding your plane as it makes sure your seats are not double booked.

No...it is not free.

Print them out at home

If you do not have access to a printer, ask a friend/work/or your local library.

How do you print your return flight boarding passes from home? Depending on the airline you can only print them 24-36 hours before your flight!

Sorry I have never been on The Independence, but on The Allure there were kiosks by Guest Services that you could print them for free. Also if you use Luggage Valet they will be printed for you included in the price.

Have a great cruise.

Here are 2 options for you.

1) When my son checked in for a flight a few months ago, he was given the option (by United Airlines) to be automatically checked in for his return flight at T-24 hours, and have the boarding pass sent to his smart phone and/or email.

2) You can have a friend or family member at home check you in T-24, and send the boarding pass to your email and/or phone.

Either way, you can use the boarding pass on directly on your phone, or print it at an airport kiosk.

I thought if you went through the process of checking in on line, you were OK even if you didn't print it off? Sometimes there is no printer but you can still check in on line..... Done that when we had no access to print it or it wouldn't allow us to print.

Lately, being CA flying to US, we have to print it at the airport or go to the counter, they wouldn't allow us to print it at home.:confused:

No...it is not free.

Print them out at home

If you do not have access to a printer, ask a friend/work/or your local library.

How the heck are they supposed to print their boarding passes out at home the day before the cruise ends?

I thought if you went through the process of checking in on line, you were OK even if you didn't print it off? Sometimes there is no printer but you can still check in on line..... Done that when we had no access to print it or it wouldn't allow us to print.

Lately, being CA flying to US, we have to print it at the airport or go to the counter, they wouldn't allow us to print it at home.:confused:

It is true that if you check in on line it is not necessary to print out the boarding pass. When you get to the airport all you need are the confirmation numbers on the reservation for them to find your reservation and print your pass. And even if you don't have the numbers they will find it by your name and ID.

The airline that I have used numerous times will not let you check in until it is 24hrs before boarding. If this is not your first cruise with RCL and you are not yet a Crown and Anchor member sign up on line asap. If you are C&A, as other posts stated, you can use the C&A coupon book. It comes with a $5 internet allowance coupon for Gold members, which is long enough to check in while on board. The higher your C&A level, the more time allowance you can get.

We've just come off allure and you could use their computers and printers for free to book in online and print passes (nothing to do with free internet minutes - literally it was free to access to websites of all the major airlines. I thought that was a really good service).

It is true that if you check in on line it is not necessary to print out the boarding pass. When you get to the airport all you need are the confirmation numbers on the reservation for them to find your reservation and print your pass. And even if you don't have the numbers they will find it by your name and ID.

We've done that with Southwest at FLL and then printed the pass from one of the kiosks in the terminal.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Archived