Liberty of the Seas

Batana

Ok, my sis trusted me to book her first cruise, I have been on 7different cruises from 7 to 14 days, did Royal a few years back. Tell me I made the right choice with Liberty. We only did a 5 day just in case she hates it, you never know it seems to me with cruising you either love it or you know.....Thank-you for any feedback that may help get her excited even more about going then she already is.:confused:

We have been on the Independence three times and love this class of ships. There is so much to do on these ships and since Liberty has been upgraded even more then what the Indy had to offer, that's why we booked a Liberty cruise for this upcoming January. We have been on the Allure and it is a great ship, but I didn't like all the reservations you needed to make to attend the shows and events, where the Liberty, you just need to have ice show reservations.

Have a great time!:D

Keith

Thank-you I already feel reassured......it was a last minute idea to book and she wanted to book now, so we didn't change our minds, I haven't had a chance to look at all the ammenities...........ice show....wow! Anything we should not miss that would really make her trip.

Yes I wasn't so happy with the itineray either, but hoping we will make the most out of the onboard ammenities for her to get a good taste of cruising and how relaxing they can be with all the options aboard. Thank-you again I might have hit the jackpot with this one it seems after having time to review Keith's link and seeing the compliments you all have given to the LOS.

thank-you i already feel reassured......it was a last minute idea to book and she wanted to book now, so we didn't change our minds, i haven't had a chance to look at all the ammenities...........ice show....wow! Anything we should not miss that would really make her trip.

loved lady liberty!

Yes I wasn't so happy with the itineray either, but hoping we will make the most out of the onboard ammenities for her to get a good taste of cruising and how relaxing they can be with all the options aboard.

Not sure which Liberty cruise you are on, but, I assume it's a 5 night Cozumel/Belize? (we have that booked in January) I happen to like that myself. It's got a few days to relax, Cozumel is one of my favorite places, and Belize is a bonus. You'll have a great time. Enjoy your cruise.

If she doesn't like the Liberty quit trying to get her to cruise........it's not her thing.

The Liberty is a great ship. Love the ship size and any thing to do with it. You will have a great time and so will she. There are several great "Liberty OS"

youtube videos, have her check them out and she will get excited.

Edited by dealer9296

We will be on the Liberty in June for a Med cruise, so we haven't sailed this ship yet. We have been on Freedom (Liberty's sister ship) and it's our favorite Royal ship. It's beautiful and you'll never find enough time in 5 days to do everything the ship offers. You'll love it!

• 1 month later...

Back from Liberty today and anything that I found wrong, not much, she would never notice. The ship is so clean, Have read a few things about the crew. They were great and all in a pretty good mood. I am wondering if the problem with the crew was so many Diamonds, + and P's on the TA that they were demanding so much. They could have been trying so hard and gave up. We had a great waitress in Chops and our Main Dining room waitress and Asst were so good. I asked them if they had been working together for a long time and they said "No......this is our first time." The names were Sally (waitress) and Clarence (Asst). Fantastic! I have not one complaint with the staff and I was looking for it because so many on here had talked about it. The C&A guy was a little weird according to my partner and someone else he talked to.

Only problem I had was the food. I mean really. There were condiments missing for the Spaghetti Meat Sauce (red peppers, chopped basil, extra garlic) that are always out on Majesty and the Enchantment......Also breakfast fruit bread only had a few maybe 1, 2 or 3 raisins, no other fruit. It could not even pass for raisin bread. Doesn't the company have standard recipes they follow. This had to be the bakery because it was the same Main Dining and Windjammer. Boy they do make some great Pumpkin/cheese bread. To die for...had to watch myself. Nice cruise and maybe again next month.

Diamond Club and C Club staff were very nice, all of them. Chops was very good, we both had the Filet. Nice waitress.

Edited by dealer9296