Royal Princess. The budget ship.

antsp

Thanks for the perspective, Mom33. There has been about 40,000 people that have been on the Royal so far, and how many have we heard from???? Still looking forward to our cruise on a new ship with my family. We are blessed.

Paul

But there again, the vast majority of those 40,000 passengers could well have hated the new ship but would never post on Cruise Critic and have probably never even heard of it.

Thanks for the perspective, Mom33. There has been about 40,000 people that have been on the Royal so far, and how many have we heard from???? Still looking forward to our cruise on a new ship with my family. We are blessed.

Paul

Exactly.........again need a like button!!!! I leave on her in 12 days can't wait!!

I was looking in April and balcony prices seem very reasonable. Lower than Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and higher than Carnival.

In one case a 7 day Royal cruise was priced lower than a 5 day Ruby.

I have been watching a 10 night in Feb 2015. It's steadily stayed almost 3800.00 for a regular balcony two doors down from the mini-suite we will be in soon. Was really trying to find a ship we hadn't been on with a few islands we hadn't been to and seems impossible. Have never sailed NCL but they had a great itinerary on a 10 night but the days it left and came back used too many week days, no way hubby could get that much time of work. It was 2700.00 for balcony and had 3 islands we hadn't been to.

It seems like so many big new ships come out and they just go to the same places. If the price would come down some on the 2/15 Royal sailing I would book it in a heartbeat!!

Wow - that is unheard of! I just looked myself and that is what I am getting.

Did you look today? I just looked and the balcony is 1599! I have friends sailing on her that week and I would have loved to surprise them but I am not paying that price. 649 I would have paid! (and figured out a way to tell my boss since I have no vacation time left!) :D

Did you look today? I just looked and the balcony is 1599! I have friends sailing on her that week and I would have loved to surprise them but I am not paying that price. 649 I would have paid! (and figured out a way to tell my boss since I have no vacation time left!) :D

Yes it still shows.

Still showing $649 balcony for all December sailings with the exception of New Years cruise.

I just signed in and got $649 pp for a balcony for the dec 22 sailing. Crazy part: inside is $1099pp!!! A mini I $949. Nice price whenever a balcony is less than $100pp per day.

BTW: not sure demographic Princess is targeting. I am elite and 65+. Guess just lucky. Would go if I didn't have conflicting plans.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just signed in and got $649 pp for a balcony for the dec 22 sailing. Crazy part: inside is $1099pp!!! A mini I $949. Nice price whenever a balcony is less than $100pp per day.

BTW: not sure demographic Princess is targeting. I am elite and 65+. Guess just lucky. Would go if I didn't have conflicting plans.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And I just looked and my price is $1599. Game playing of course.

And I just looked and my price is $1599. Game playing of course.

I'm elite and under 50. I think its where you live. I am sailing over turkey day and if I like the ship I may book a last minute xmas cruise if these prices stay (and I will do as pia says) bet she's right!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I don't think geography has any effect on it.

Mike:)

But the pa people get that price...the floridians dont. What else could it be? 649 is a lot less than 1599! Just doesn't seem right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

But the pa people get that price...the floridians dont. What else could it be? 649 is a lot less than 1599! Just doesn't seem right.

I agree it doesn't seem right but I am not in PA and get $649.

There are many factors in your passenger profile that we are not privy to which may affect pricing.

Just like airlines there may be 20 different fares for the same accommodations.

Mike:)

You probably get the same waffle from Princess like we have regional pricing policies blah blah blah. I feel like saying to them do you want to sell the cabin or not at that price. Why does it matter what your zip code is. Its very annoying.