2015 Princess World Cruise

Gaznjo

There was an email I received this morning offering OBC at $2185. I think this is based on two people travelling the full world cruise.

Sail on Princess' 104-night World Cruise and receive BONUS $2185* onboard credit^. You have to check out the terms and conditions. I had a quick skim of them and said up to $2185. This is from a big Australia TA. That has fingers in many pies.

You need to do your own checking around.

Edited by icat2000

Interesting reading thanks everyone.

I have booked for my husband and I for the segment Fremantle to London as we can not stretch any more time off work than the 44 nights for the cruise plus a few days in London. I have booked through Princess today, so received the last day of Princess sale and reduced deposits. I was wondering if a cruise company would give me more onboard credit if I transfer the booking to them. We already will receive on board credit with Princess but travel agents can give you more if I am correct. Please let me know if I am wrong/right etc :)

Cannot answer directly, As the TAs may give you more but they may not be able to match the fare price you paid. Enjoy your cruise.:D

I have checked with cruise agents and they cannot do any better so I will stay with my Princess booking and I can transfer to an agent if need be. Pretty happy though.

Now to decide if I tick the upgrade box as who knows where we would end up....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have booked New York to Sydney. Have booked an inside and hope they have a sale next year and maybe buy an upgrade. This time we want to go on the Machu Picchu tour.Twenty months to go!

I take it you have done this cruis ebefore then?

Don't worry, the time will pass quickly.:D

This is a great itinerary but.... It's on the Sun Princess:(.

I so wish they would do it on the Diamond or a bigger ship.

Agree Lizzy and way overpriced in my opinion. 22 grand pptws for an inside, that is $207 per diem, crikey. Little wonder they are giving a grand obc.

Edited by NSWP

There would be better ships to cruise the world on than the Sun class. As much as I like those ships I could not possibly do a long voyage on one of them. Sun, Dawn, Sea Princess are all great for the average short cruise but not really suitable for long voyages due to the lack of facilities they have compared to the newer generation ships. They also lack enclosed outdoor areas for poor weather cruising and cruising in colder climates.

The ideal ships Princess have for world cruising would be the Coral Princess and Island Princess. Both capable of navigating the panama canal.

Any of the original Grand class would also be great. As far as the larger ones like Crown, Emerald and Ruby I would never cruise on that class again. Once was enough and it was just a chaotic shambles of hoards of passengers cramming a small framed ship only designed for 2,600 passengers.

My order of preference for Princess world cruises would be:

Coral and Island Princess

Diamond and Sapphire Princess

Grand, Golden and Star Princess

This is a great itinerary but.... It's on the Sun Princess:(.

I so wish they would do it on the Diamond or a bigger ship.

Hi Lizzy, 2015 world cruise is on Sea Princess not the Sun...

we are thinking about it, the itinerary is the best we have seen from Aus.. plus .no Mumbai.:D

kind regards, Lorraine:):):)

Yes, no Mumbai, from our point of view that is certainly a plus.

My husband and I are planing to do Sydney/Sydney World Cruise in 2016 and have been searching Cruise Critic gathering opinions and info. I will be watching this thread very closely hoping to learn more from all you lucky ducks going in 2015.

Marg

Whoa, what a cruise, only wish I had the time and money to do it in 2015! It is great that there is finally a cruise from Fremantle to Fremantle and I really hope they do it again, as here in the West we don't get much cruising choice! We did a half world on Sea Princess when she was Adonia and we did get used to the small cabin & bathroom and even a couple of breakdowns didn't spoil a fantastic holiday. So will be saving up for the next one.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='rkmw']received this email if you book early

[B][FONT=Arial]PRINCESS CRUISES – 2015 WINTER PROGRAMME NOW RELEASED – BOOKINGS AVAILABLE FROM 6th November! – UP TO $3000 ON BOARD CREDITS PER PERSON! – PLUS SAVE UP TO $1000 PER PERSON![/FONT][/B][/quote]

Just wondering , was this e-mail from Princess Cruises? I have only seen them offering $2000 per person!! Thanks anjo.

[quote name='anjo']Just wondering , was this e-mail from Princess Cruises? I have only seen them offering $2000 per person!! Thanks anjo.[/quote]

i dont have the email now but it wasnt from princess, from an online site

Rates on Princess seem pretty high. Grand voyages on Regent Seven Seas about same but Regent is all-inclusive. If you are considering a long voyage I would go to a travel agent and get Regent's "Grand Voyages" brocheur. All rooms are suites with balconies. Airfare, booze, tips, excursions included and on some of the grand voyages, laundry, door-to-door luggage, and visas included. It is a "luxury" cruise line and not in same league as Princess. We are Elite with Princess, Diamond Plus with RCL, Platinum with Regent, and have cruised on six other cruise lines for total of 80 cruises.

• 4 months later...
In Australia we seem to have to pay way more than if booked from the USA. Could I ask if one of the cruise critic forum members could just run this cruise in their computer and let me know the cost for an American booking. I am looking at a ocean view cabin mid ship. Single supplement. Thanks. This will then give me an idea how I can negotiate with my Aussie travel agent. Thanks

[quote name='Aussie Jeep']In Australia we seem to have to pay way more than if booked from the USA. Could I ask if one of the cruise critic forum members could just run this cruise in their computer and let me know the cost for an American booking. I am looking at a ocean view cabin mid ship. Single supplement. Thanks. This will then give me an idea how I can negotiate with my Aussie travel agent. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I believe tips are included in the Australian price as well as port fees and taxes. So you need to take that into consideration when comparing against the US price as well as the exchange rate. Edited by icat2000

Hello any one on this thread >>> it was started by some-one who is not going .... there is another active thread with heaps of action and roll call happening >>> look under Sea Princess 2015 world cruise