Royal Caribbean on Ten News saying they want to base a ship in Brisbane

Carnival injected money into the Portside Terminal and therefore have a holding and a control over who uses it.

Carnival got Portside served up to them on a plate when they took over P&O and P&O Australia.

there is still heaps more land available but I dont know if P&O kept that for themselves and future Real Estate development or included it in the sale to Carnival.

Carnival injected money into the Portside Terminal and therefore have a holding and a control over who uses it.

Naturally they do not allow the 'opposition' to dock there. Meanies!:(

We were told that by a Captain on Rhapsody years ago. He also said Rhapsody would fit under the bridge. HAL ships dock at Portside and they're around the same size.

On another note the same Captain was the first to dock at Cairns with Rhapsody of the Seas. Everyone said they could not turn around, he proved them all wrong and we were on board when he did.

Jill:)

Interesting, a good captain will know what his ship can do but I suppose he would be hamstrung by the port officials/harbour pilots allowing him to do it.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Interesting, a good captain will know what his ship can do but I suppose he would be hamstrung by the port officials/harbour pilots allowing him to do it.:D

He was congratulated and as far as I'm aware they do dock in Cairns with Rhapsody....tide/weather permiting. :)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

Naturally they do not allow the 'opposition' to dock there. Meanies!:(

We were told that by a Captain on Rhapsody years ago. He also said Rhapsody would fit under the bridge. HAL ships dock at Portside and they're around the same size.

On another note the same Captain was the first to dock at Cairns with Rhapsody of the Seas. Everyone said they could not turn around, he proved them all wrong and we were on board when he did.

when we have cruised under the Gateway Bridge on the Dawn Princess there wasnt much clearance so i really cant see the Rhapsody going under there too....unless he tried at low tide