Nice hotel for honeymooners near cruise port?

Sun Lover

My son is getting married and will be taking a cruise for his honeymoon. We're helping him with the travel arrangements and need to find a hotel for them for one night pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale. We previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express there when we cruised on Oasis a few years ago and it was a nice hotel in a very convenient location to the cruise port but I'd like to find something more upscale for him since this is a honeymoon. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in close proximity to the cruise port? Thanks.

My son is getting married and will be taking a cruise for his honeymoon. We're helping him with the travel arrangements and need to find a hotel for them for one night pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale. We previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express there when we cruised on Oasis a few years ago and it was a nice hotel in a very convenient location to the cruise port but I'd like to find something more upscale for him since this is a honeymoon. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in close proximity to the cruise port? Thanks.

Any hotel is good hotel for honeymooners...

If you are looking for inexpensive on the beach the Bia Mar ( our kids stayed here on their honeymoon). If money is not an issue Ft Lauderdale Hilton Beach Resort is really lovely. The first is pretty plain but clean. Hilton beach resort has a great pool that overlooks the beach and wonderful rooms but is pricey.

If they get in late the night before a cruise anything is pretty okay in the 17th street area which has walkable restaurants and stores for last minute items.

I was just looking at the Hilton Beach Resort online and couldn't find any pictures of their pool at all. The hotel does look really nice. How far is it from the cruise port? They will be getting into Ft. Lauderdale in the morning so they'll have the afternoon and evening. Is the hotel kind of off by itself or are there restaurants or other things within walking distance?

The Westin is in a good location for walking the area.

Lago Mar is better for staying on the property. Beautiful resort.

Bahia Mar's ocean view tower room is nice and less expensive.

Definitely look at beach hotels if you can swing it. 17th St hotels don't scream Fort Lauderdale honeymoon.;)

Hilton resort pool is on the rooftop at about the 4th floor or so. We walked to restaurants to eat. There is also a cvs or Walgreens a few blocks south. My best guess is about $25 from the airport and $18 or so to the port for cabs.

We rode the trolley during the day up and down a1a but it only runs until 6 pm or so.

Gallery one might also be an option. It is on the intercostal about 4 blocks from the beach near a large mall, publix and other restaurants. It will be a bit more for cab fare but once you are there everything is walkable. ( maybe $30?) we are trying this place in December and it gets good reviews.

Lago Mar is perfect for honeymooners, but too far to walk to anything (don't worry, dining options are on site).

Harbor Beach Marriott is awesome.

W, Ritz Carlton, and Atlantic are fabulous, across the street from the beach.

Westin and Hilton are very nice, across the street from the beach.

These hotels are all close to the port.

The Lago Mar.

Not the Embassy on a honeymoon. Ugh.

Lago Mar

I just stayed at the Lago Mar a few weeks ago and I would highly recommend it, especially for something special as a honeymoon.

It is Gorgeous. Has a large private beach and the resort has everything they will need. No reason to even leave, which I'm sure they are happy with ;)

If they want to be really close to the pier, with easy accessibility to Los Olas then I would vote for the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. If they don't mind being a little farther from the pier then the Atlantic Beach Resort (bonus: it's right on the beach!). If they get a room overlooking the beach the sunrises are spectacular. I can't imagine a more romantic setting!

I narrowed it down to a few hotels for them and last night they went online and they actually liked the Atlantic best. Does anyone know how far it is to the cruise port and about how much it would cost by cab? Also, what is within walking distance of there as far as shops and restaurants? Thanks.

There are lots of places for them to eat and shop within a half mile or so. Galleria Mall is in that area. But they'll probably want to explore even further south along the beach. They can catch a water taxi not far too. They will enjoy the area. Don't worry.:D

I narrowed it down to a few hotels for them and last night they went online and they actually liked the Atlantic best. Does anyone know how far it is to the cruise port and about how much it would cost by cab? Also, what is within walking distance of there as far as shops and restaurants? Thanks.

The Atlantic Hotel is lovely. It's about 3.5 miles to the port entrance. It will cost about $20-25 in taxi fare depending on the drawbridge, traffic, and security lines. Last Minute Travel sometimes offers this hotel at good rates...it shows as "Fort Lauderdale Beach Area", 4.5 stars, and you can tell it is the Atlantic by the photos of a lobby area with a purple wall with built in lighted shelves and another photo of a black granite bar which is semi-circularly shaped with about a dozen stools and long blue lights hanging over it. It is about a mile walk to an area with shops and lots of restaurants south of the hotel. It is about a half mile to an area with restaurants north of the hotel but a much smaller selection. There is a restaurant in the hotel that has just been taken over by new management and chef. There are also restaurants a few blocks away in the Hilton, W and Westin Hotels. There is an inexpensive tiki bar-like restaurant in the hotel next to the Atlantic, and it's supposedly good for breakfast.

Edited by royalcruz

Check out the Pillars before making your decision - it's a great boutique resort located behind the Ritz Carlton on the intercoastal way - it's a great place to stay in Ft Lauderdale and well worth the money. The staff and accomodations are the best we've found for pre & post cruising!