Dawn Review I found...

kollegekreed

This is one of the most recent reviews. Im wondering if this is a work of fiction....

The cruise left out of Boston on a Friday and we were to spend a day and a half at sea before arriving in Bermuda. I don't know if it was the cruise port of Norwegian but it was very confusing as to which line you were suppose to be in to board the ship, luckily there were people there to assist you..moving on... i dont know if it was because the ship left out of Boston or if the Norwegian Dawn is always like this, but it seemed to be more of an old person cruise. I've cruised previously with Royal Caribbean and not only was the entertainment outstanding, but so was the food. On Norwegian Dawn, the only 24 hour restaurant is the Blue Lagoon and every time I ate there I would get extremely sick, my boyfriend and his family got sick, and some random lady on the ship started talking to me about the food and told me she'd also gotten sick from the Blue Lagoon. There were other restaurants to go to on the ship but you either had to pay for them, or have the same meal every night because the menus rarely changed. Another thing that bothered me about the Blue Lagoon was that every time I would ask for a side of sour cream, they would act like it was such a hassle to get it when they weren't doing anything in the first place.

Every night on the cruise they would have musical entertainment in the common area on the ship, and every night it was the same two country singers and nothing but senior citizens in the audience. Besides not being able to eat my entire time being on the ship, there was nothing to do. My boyfriend and I were outside playing ping pong at 6 pm and a staff member came up to us, took our paddles and locked everything up. Yes Thats Right! All outdoor activities (checkers, chess, ping pong, shuffleboard, basketball, etc.) close at 6 PM!!!! i couldnt believe it! and the arcade is cool but once you start to win too many games it will cheat and take your money and its about 1.50 per game, and no you don't get extra lives.

ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE! coming back was 2 1/2 days and arriving only took 1 day and a half which made the trip feel extremely long. A lot of activites they had planned for certain nights didn't happen because people from Boston wanted to watch the RED SOX game so they wanted to accommodate all of them.

Last but not least, disembarkation, they said we would be arriving around 7 in the morning and able to leave the ship at 8:30 if we please and of course that didn't go well, We didnt get off the boat until about 9:30 or 9:45 and I was so thankful to be off that ship and in the USA. I'm sure many of the older people on the ship enjoyed it, but I didn't and will be cruising with Royal Caribbean from now on or maybe not cruise at all. I lost 5 lbs on this trip. Im so done with Norwegian

every time I ate there I would get extremely sick, my boyfriend and his family got sick,

Lol.....then why did she and her family keep eating there???? I agree with the above poster. This sounds like a kid stuck with the geriatric population..lol....:o

I wonder what she considers an "old person" to be. :p

Im 42 and still use the ping pong tables, but Ive never even set foot in the arcade.

To be fair tho, Id be upset if all sorts of stuff was cancelled so people could watch baseball. (Im not a fan.) But knowing NCL as I do, I cant imagine everything was cancelled for that. Just the stuff this little girl wanted to do.

Which kind of doesnt even make sense, because wouldnt the dailies change to reflect what activities there are to do, regardless of whats cancelled of not?

The reviewer said ". . . I've cruised previously with Royal Caribbean and not only was the entertainment outstanding . . . "

But here are the cruises identified in her signature:

Past Cruises:

NCL Epic/Eastern Caribbean January 2013

NCL Epic/Eastern Caribbean March 2012

NCL Spirit/Western Caribbean December 2010

NCL Gem/Eastern Caribbean November 2008

Carnival Fantasy/Western Caribbean March 2008

Celebrity Summit/Alaska June 2005

Do you see any Royal Caribbean there?

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

The reviewer said ". . . I've cruised previously with Royal Caribbean and not only was the entertainment outstanding . . . "

Past Cruises:

She actually meant to say "Pirates of the Caribbean".

Past Cruises:

Think these are the OP's past cruise's.

I was on this cruise and agree with only one aspect - it was definitely an older crowd (and hubby & I are in our mid 50's). I've done the Bermuda cruise in October twice before and expect a more mature crowd and some families with small children but this time I thought the pendulum was stuck on the older side.

Now, I have to refute not only this evaluation of the food but several other reviews. We ate in the Venetian and Aqua MDR for dinner and found both to be excellent and definitely not over salted. Also, the service was outstanding and not slow at all but very well paced. I had the surf and turf and the lobster was moist and the beef delicious and not chewy or over seasoned. Other MDR meals enjoyed were pork tenderloin, salmon, chicken, etc and didn't eat anything I didn't like. One night we went with the special which was Indian in nature and outstanding. We also ate in La Cuccina, Le Bistro and Cagney's which were exceptional. We had a minor hiccup with seating at Le Bistro but when we told Maie the hostess of our issue she moved us out to the wine cellar where we heard the music and had a great meal. I had the lamb shanks and hubby had the duck. Delicious! We had burgers in Garden Cafe once and they were yummy. We never ate in the Blue Lagoon though. I loved the popcorn in Pearly Kings each afternoon.

The weather on the 2 return sea days wasn't great. Due to wind, outside activities were cancelled and for roughly an hour we couldn't even go out due to safety issues with the doors. Not sure if this is why the checkers, chess, ping pong and shuffleboard games were stored or not.

The entertainment in the Spinnaker was changed on 2 nights during the cruise to accommodate the excessive amount of Red Sox fans (us included). All other entertainment went on as planned. The only night I was in the atrium it was for Carribean Wave who did different music than what they played by the pool. The couple (Patti & ?) I only saw once in the Spinnaker for a Latitudes party. The shows in the Stardust theater were excellent and I was very I impressed with the acrobatics.

Let me also add this was our first time in a suite and we both really enjoyed the extra space, aft balcony with 2 lounge chairs, priority embarkation/debarkation, day lounge and breakfast and lunch in Cagney's. The butler and concierge were nice but a lot of what they offer we did for ourselves but still provided gratuity commensurate with the service.

The room steward Erick was truly the most impressive staff member I encountered all week. On embarkation he let us know his hours, asked us to use our room sign, provided extra beach towels, always had cute towel animals (loved the mouse under the pillow and the monkey hanging from our curtains) but what blew me away was seeing him wash the outside of ourbalcony plexi glass from Heritage Pier the first day we were in Bermuda. We definitely took good care of him!

All the staff from the officers we met at the Captains reception to the washy washy girls had smiles on their faces and did a great job. I am always amazed at the level of service provided and it really is hard to come home and have to do EVERYTHING for myself again.

All this said, this is the first time I've come home and not been anxious to book another cruise. We have done 5 total in 10 years and have enjoyed them all and experiencing different ships. Yet this time I'm in no hurry to go on another one. Maybe it was all those OLD people! ;-) LOL

Past Cruises:

If you would kindly put on the ol' reading glasses, those are my cruises. I indicated I "found" the review and copied and pasted it here :) Its in the main reviews section.

This is one of the most recent reviews. Im wondering if this is a work of fiction....

Probably just one very inexperienced cruiser who booked a cruise without doing his/her homework.

The person is obviously young...eventually, they'll figure out how to do a cruise right. :)

Past Cruises:

OK...scratch what I said.

Maybe she's just a little 'off'...don't want to accuse someone of being a liar, but something ain't Kosher here.

Edited by halos

Probably just one very inexperienced cruiser who booked a cruise without doing his/her homework.

The person is obviously young...eventually, they'll figure out how to do a cruise right. :)

OK...scratch what I said.

Maybe she's just a little 'off'...don't want to accuse someone of being a liar, but something ain't Kosher here.

Nothing off. The list of cruises are the OP's cruises, not the review that was copied here.

I too agree that the reviewer is a teen that was really bored.

Edited by Cubechick

Nothing off. The list of cruises are the OP's cruises, not the review that was copied here.

LOL

OK, thanks for clearing that up!!!!!

If you would kindly put on the ol' reading glasses, those are my cruises. I indicated I "found" the review and copied and pasted it here Its in the main reviews section.

:o ooops

I should have read all the way through the thread prior to posting :p

Edited by halos

Past Cruises:

The person posting it did not write it - rather than give us the link to the original post - they chose to copy and paste the words into their own name - maybe they should give us the link