Help me pick a suite!

Camlott

Looking at a vista suite on Grand Princess in Alaska next summer.

Trying to pick between D736/D737 or C751. Haven't found much about these cabins other than the beam. That doesn't appear to be anything that would bother us. Any advantage to any of these over the others?

Trying to pick between D736/D737 or C751. Haven't found much about these cabins other than the beam. That doesn't appear to be anything that would bother us. Any advantage to any of these over the others?

The suites on Aft are always most desired.The Grand has several different categories to choose from

It was B748,I'll never forget that incredible Veranda...it was over a 150 sq.ft.Beautiful!

Dolphin deck suites will have a view to the side as well as aft. I would go with one of the Dolphin deck suites.

I would go with the Dolphin Vista.....:):):)

Bob

Dolphin deck suites will have a view to the side as well as aft. I would go with one of the Dolphin deck suites.

Thanks! I already have C751 reserved, but you guys just confirmed it for me. We'll be changing to Dolphin tomorrow!

But you waive your privacy as everyone above you will be sharing your veranda with you!

Not at all, the balcony is completely private. You are thinking of the mini-suites.

Camlott if you are sold on a Vista stick with D736-D737 as they are the best of the lot.

If you want to be more centrally located I would go with the Cairbe PH suite.

C751 is an odd cabin with that strange offset when you first open the door and the balcony is not as large as the Dolphin suites.

Mike:)

One has a larger room and smaller balcony. The other has a smaller room and a larger balcony.

Stateroom Number: C751

Type: Vista Suite

Category: S6

Deck: 10 (Caribe)

Bath Type: Shower/tub

Connecting Room: N/A

Total Size: 484 sq. ft.

Includes Balcony of 112 sq. ft.

Stateroom Number: D736

Deck: 9 (Dolphin)

Total Size: 495 sq. ft.

Includes Balcony of 160 sq. ft.

Edited by Thrak

But you waive your privacy as everyone above you will be sharing your veranda with you!
Confirming the post by bhopal21, it is only the mini-suites on the sides of Dolphin deck that have exposed balconies. On Grand class ships, all of the true aft balconies except for the the top deck balconies are fully covered and the Dolphin deck Vista suites are fully covered. Edited by IECalCruiser

One has a larger room and smaller balcony. The other has a smaller room and a larger balcony.

Just curious where I can find this info? It's nice to be able to see information that is specific to each cabin!

Did C751 on the sister ship, the Golden, round trip to Seattle, and the aft is the way to go for Alaska.

Enjoy!!

Rick

(Being converted to Princess from Royal Caribbean):D

We just got off the Golden C751, and would take it again in a flash. The room was very large, and the balcony, despite the beam which was no problem, held a table, 2 chairs, 2 lounges, and a small side table. It was very quiet, with excellent aft views.

We just got off the Golden C751, and would take it again in a flash. The room was very large, and the balcony, despite the beam which was no problem, held a table, 2 chairs, 2 lounges, and a small side table. It was very quiet, with excellent aft views.

We were your neighbors in C749! I was initially surprised at how cut up this suite appeared. It seems to be somewhat smaller than your suite, but the balcony is somewhat larger. Would love to have it on a longer voyage! The aft is my preference for the privacy, and those views!

Not at all, the balcony is completely private. You are thinking of the mini-suites.

Camlott if you are sold on a Vista stick with D736-D737 as they are the best of the lot.

If you want to be more centrally located I would go with the Cairbe PH suite.

C751 is an odd cabin with that strange offset when you first open the door and the balcony is not as large as the Dolphin suites.

Mike:)

My bad! I always stay on aft B748 was the last on the Grand...no beams,huge deck and total privacy.I suppose thats why I never get a Mini Suite because of the lack of privacy.Sounds like he made the best choice for his money.

Just curious where I can find this info? It's nice to be able to see information that is specific to each cabin!

Go to princess.com and check out the deck plans. Click on any room and you will see the relevant info.

Go to princess.com and check out the deck plans. Click on any room and you will see the relevant info.

Thanks... I know that Carnival has a site with specifics of each cabin that includes information you can't find anywhere else (balcony partitions etc.). Thought maybe Princess had the same.

I was able to find a complete set of pictures of D736 on the Grand and it looks good to me!

I'm not a fan of the Princess balconies that are offset with little to no privacy. One of the main reasons we went with an aft cabin!