Arizona Memorial without reservation?

bartamus2002

I missed out on pre-purchasing tickets for the Arizona memorial, if we get there early will we still have a chance to purchase them the day of?

Thanks.

If you are going in off-season, then you'll probably have the best luck if you arrive early in the morning on a weekday but do not plan to see the Memorial until later in the day. When we were there on a September weekday, reservations for the mid-afternoon tours (after 2 or 3 pm) were being distributed at around 9:30 am.

Assuming you have the time, there are plenty of other sights to see in the Valor in the Pacific area. Here's a link to a website with more information: http://www.pearlharborhistoricsites.org/map

By the time you take the free shuttle to the Battleship Missouri or the Pacific Aviation museums (or both), then head back to the Arizona Memorial, it will be your time to see the movie and board your launch to the memorial.

Happy travels.

We have never prepurchased tickets. Just go early and wait in line.. then you can explore the museum until it's time for your tour. Be aware that parking is a pain, and you can not take any bags at all with you. And if you leave them in the car, they will be stolen (this goes for anywhere in Hawaii). So best to leave everything at the hotel.

Jen

We have never prepurchased tickets. Just go early and wait in line.. then you can explore the museum until it's time for your tour. Be aware that parking is a pain, and you can not take any bags at all with you. And if you leave them in the car, they will be stolen (this goes for anywhere in Hawaii). So best to leave everything at the hotel.

Jen

There is secure storage available for a small fee. I wouldn't leave anything in any hotel room either.

Likely, if you got there early morning, you would be able to get passes out to the memorial. But, I would NOT expect any tickets available until the afternoon. I have driven there and gotten a 2pm ticket at the last minute. This was a February trip. I had a car, I just picked up the tickets and came back later. There is plenty to see and do to take up time, if of interest.

Edited by Budget Queen

Likely, if you got there early morning, you would be able to get passes out to the memorial. But, I would NOT expect any tickets available until the afternoon. I have driven there and gotten a 2pm ticket at the last minute. This was a February trip. I had a car, I just picked up the tickets and came back later. There is plenty to see and do to take up time, if of interest.

We have tickets for 11:30 and will pick them up before. Sharing a cab to PH with another couple. When would we see the movie? Does the ticket give you a time to see it? I am hoping to plan an excursion after PH but am wondering how much time we need since our tickets are for 11:30AM? We have also purchased the audio?

Would appreciate any info regarding this so as I can decide if we have time for our half island excursion with Enoa tours. They will pick us up at the Ohana Airport Hotel and I am told it is about a 5 minute cab ride. Was hoping to see some other sites as well as. Many thanks.

We have tickets for 11:30 and will pick them up before. Sharing a cab to PH with another couple. When would we see the movie? Does the ticket give you a time to see it? I am hoping to plan an excursion after PH but am wondering how much time we need since our tickets are for 11:30AM? We have also purchased the audio?

Would appreciate any info regarding this so as I can decide if we have time for our half island excursion with Enoa tours. They will pick us up at the Ohana Airport Hotel and I am told it is about a 5 minute cab ride. Was hoping to see some other sites as well as. Many thanks.

The time on your ticket is the time you enter the movie theater. The boat to the memorial itself is loaded where the movie lets out with the number of seats in the theater corresponding to the number of seats on the boat. There are other exhibits to see once your boat returns from the memorial - you do these at your own pace.

If you have 11:30 AM tickets, this is likely the schedule you will need to follow:

10:30 - pick up tickets (latest time or they will give them away)

11:30 - Movie is about 30 - 45 minutes (very well done movie)

12:15 - Shuttle out to the Memorial

1:00 - Shuttle back to the Visitor's Center (not exactly sure about this time. It may be only 20 minutes....Since they run two movie theaters at alternating times.

I was there in February and they cancelled all tour boats out to the Memorial at 10:30. We found out before going into the theater. You can imagine the heartbreak for those who were in the theater expecting to board the boat when they came out. The boats had been cancelled the two previous days too due to high winds.

The time before (many years ago/pre-new center), was not as organized. They have this down to a science now. An hour is plenty of time to visit the two museums.

The National Park is open to the public. You may go to the museum and "see" the Memorial from land. You only need a ticket to go to the movie and catch the shuttle out. There is a stand by line to see the movie without a ticket. Sometimes you might be lucky.

Will this give you enough time to get back to the hotel for an afternoon pick up? Pearl Harbor is about a 30 minute drive back to Waikiki with traffic.

If you have 11:30 AM tickets, this is likely the schedule you will need to follow:

10:30 - pick up tickets (latest time or they will give them away)

11:30 - Movie is about 30 - 45 minutes (very well done movie)

12:15 - Shuttle out to the Memorial

1:00 - Shuttle back to the Visitor's Center (not exactly sure about this time. It may be only 20 minutes....Since they run two movie theaters at alternating times.

I was there in February and they cancelled all tour boats out to the Memorial at 10:30. We found out before going into the theater. You can imagine the heartbreak for those who were in the theater expecting to board the boat when they came out. The boats had been cancelled the two previous days too due to high winds.

The time before (many years ago/pre-new center), was not as organized. They have this down to a science now. An hour is plenty of time to visit the two museums.

The National Park is open to the public. You may go to the museum and "see" the Memorial from land. You only need a ticket to go to the movie and catch the shuttle out. There is a stand by line to see the movie without a ticket. Sometimes you might be lucky.

Will this give you enough time to get back to the hotel for an afternoon pick up? Pearl Harbor is about a 30 minute drive back to Waikiki with traffic.

Many thanks for your detailed reply. The pickup location after checking with google is 3 miles from PH. After they pick us up at the Hotel location mentioned they will go to waikiki for the other hotel pickups. I will contemplate this a little longer as I really would like to see some of the island before our cruise ship leaves port that night. If you have and suggestions they would be most appreciative. Thanks again.

I have been lucky over the years to travel and visit the Memorial about 8 times since 1980. And have things changed.

But one thing I have learned from a tour guide on one of our earlier outings.

In the event you are there for a later showing of the movie with the boat ride out to the memorial following later......dont just sit around, and shop or sight see.

Get by the entrance where those with tickets are in line, you will be amazed how many people miss the showing on their ticket, because they are at the musuem or just not organized.

Then they make it a stand by line, and sometimes upto 20 people get in early.

We now have gotten in early twice, and think if we got in early, then our showing opened up for someone else.

Afterwards we toured the museum.

Safe travels.

Sea Ya

I have been lucky over the years to travel and visit the Memorial about 8 times since 1980. And have things changed.

But one thing I have learned from a tour guide on one of our earlier outings.

In the event you are there for a later showing of the movie with the boat ride out to the memorial following later......dont just sit around, and shop or sight see.

Get by the entrance where those with tickets are in line, you will be amazed how many people miss the showing on their ticket, because they are at the musuem or just not organized.

Then they make it a stand by line, and sometimes upto 20 people get in early.

We now have gotten in early twice, and think if we got in early, then our showing opened up for someone else.

Afterwards we toured the museum.

Safe travels.

Sea Ya

Many thanks Sue. Will surely try and get an earlier ticket. Just want to see some other sites of the island in the afternoon. So if we are at PH by 10AM we can do our visit if no earlier ticket(our time is 11:30) and once movie and memorial completed will check the time . Just hope we do not need to make a beeline for a cab to the Ohana Airport hotel for tour pickup. Thanks again.