Fort Lauderdale Hotel with a View

Tantsee

Are there any hotels in Fort Lauderdale where you can watch the cruise ships sailing in and out of port from your room or the hotel restaurant. I want to watch the ships and my husband doesn't want to leave the hotel. :rolleyes: Trying to find a happy medium.

Actually, I have read a lot, but didn't find what I was looking for. That is why I asked the question. Thank you for the info. I have been looking at the Hilton Marina so that sounds like a good choice!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Actually, I have read a lot, but didn't find what I was looking for. That is why I asked the question. Thank you for the info. I have been looking at the Hilton Marina so that sounds like a good choice!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's not like the are coming in and out all the time. The day they come in they go back out. I'd want to stay at the Renaissance and just walk up the 17th Street Bridge and watch the ships depart.

Edited by BlueHerons

I also like Lago Mar.

You can sit on the beach and see the ships leaving the port in late afternoon.

Keith

I agree with Keith1010 on the Lago Mar. I was there last month for the weekend and yes, I'm up at 5am and watched them come in and watched them leave in the afternoon. On the Lago Mar beach, they are right there. Its awesome. Here are a few pics. Sorry for the blurry morning one. Its hard in the dark. The morning one is taken right on the beach and the afternoon one I was at the pool.

1381768_10202121084251655_1704374630_n.jpg

1375738_10202121093411884_1414460404_n.jpg

Edited by girlscruise2011

I agree that you are going to get the best view from Lago Mar. The ships do not pass right by any hotels or restaurants, but this is the closest hotel on the beach to the port and the ships look massive from the beach. If you don't have a beachfront room, just walk out onto the beach.

• 4 weeks later...

The view from the Lago Mar was phenomenal this past summer. We all enjoyed it. The whole group watched the Oasis go out (I happened to see if come in as I was out running the beach) and it was so awesome! We are already booked at the Lago Mar again for this coming summer. It was fabulous!

I don't think you can see the port from the Embassy Suites.

This is correct. You might see a glimpse of the top of a ship but that's about it. Personally we tried the ES twice over the years. It was definitely not for us and I'm silver with Hilton Honors. There were many negatives during both stays and we are very easy people to please. Just sayin...

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 in a Tower Room and had a great view of the port. We saw the ships leaving and, if you woke up early enough, you can see the ships coming. It was quite a sight and the hotel was awesome with a great pool. I would highly recommend it.