Explorer repo cruise

So excited... today I just paid the deposit for the Explorer of the Seas repo cruise :D:D

We will become Diamond members half way through though I don't supposed that will make a difference LOL :rolleyes:

Anyway.... now that we are booked I was sitting thinking ''OMG, that's hurricane season'', :eek: being from Scotland, we don't really think about that much, so now I'm worried I've made a mistake

can anyone calm my fears and tell me roughly what kind of weather we can look forward to, I know it's hit or miss but Being on a ship is better than being at work, right ! but typically...... is it calm

wendy

x

My family and I always cruised during Hurricane season because of school. We never had a problem. The few times that I cruised that were not during the season we had windy weather and the seas were rougher. Hurricane season is from June through November which is a half the year. Go and enjoy your trip, the Explorer is a fantastic ship. I would do it in a heartbeat if I could.

Doris

So excited... today I just paid the deposit for the Explorer of the Seas repo cruise :D:D

We will become Diamond members half way through though I don't supposed that will make a difference LOL :rolleyes:

Anyway.... now that we are booked I was sitting thinking ''OMG, that's hurricane season'', :eek: being from Scotland, we don't really think about that much, so now I'm worried I've made a mistake

can anyone calm my fears and tell me roughly what kind of weather we can look forward to, I know it's hit or miss but Being on a ship is better than being at work, right ! but typically...... is it calm

wendy

x

When is the repositioning cruise? Thanks

wendy

x

purescottish - Welcome aboard! We are on this cruise - please join the roll call.

As far as hurricane season - this cruise begins November 1st, so we should be almost out of that worry. We cruise in the fall often and have never had a problem, the captains know how to route around any trouble that might be brewing.

Too bad you couldn't take a shorter cruise to get you to diamond before this one, so you'd have a long cruise to enjoy the benefits.

Ziggypup - this repo cruise is Nov. 1, 2014: begins in NJ, sails the southern route and ends up in Port Canaveral. 14 nights - awesome!

Wendy,

We are also on this cruise. There are many ports we have not been to and the two weeks at sea was something we have always wanted to try. We have a very active roll call going, please stop by and say hello. Hurricane season is hit or miss as to whether it will affect us, but we just came back from Bermuda a few weeks ago and it was overall pretty smooth.

Ziggypup - the cruise leaves Nov 1st 2014

Diane

Thank you everyone for your replies...OK......I'm ''officially'' excited now, my mind is at rest

LookingForward2, I wish I could do a shorty to get to Diamond, but we were very luck to do West Caribbean in July and a west med cruise just 2 weeks ago of this year, so it just means we will defo have to book another to do the ''diamond thing'' LOL

This one will be mine and my husbands 50th birthday present and my daughter is nearly 16 so she's looking forward to it too

WOW...a roll call already LOL, will have a wee read through it tonight

Thanks again everyone

as we say in Scotland....''Ah canny wait ''

xx

Ziggypup - this repo cruise is Nov. 1, 2014: begins in NJ, sails the southern route and ends up in Port Canaveral. 14 nights - awesome!

Thanks. Yikes, 14 nights. Sounds great. I'd be afraid to see what I weight after that one.............lol.

Sounds amazing. We did one last year and that was during Hurricane Sandy; the Captain will never intentionally put the ship, the crew, or the passengers in harm's way, as has been stated. Please do not worry.

For us, that repo cruise was very relaxing, perhaps because it was so long. :) It starts out in cold weather and the first few days at sea will be chilly, but you'll get into warmer waters soon and people will change into shorts and start hanging out at the pool. :D A repo cruise is generally an older demographic, due to the length of the cruise. Ours had very few kids.

Enjoy yourselves!!

We did the Celebrity Summit repo cruise on 10/19 of this year and the Atlantic was extremely calm. There were absolutely no whitecaps to be seen in the ocean. Our plane ride home from San Juan was rougher than the cruise!

Next year is anyone's guess but as previously noted, the Captain will make sure that the ship, passengers and crew are not put in harms way.

Thank you everyone for your replies...OK......I'm ''officially'' excited now, my mind is at rest

LookingForward2, I wish I could do a shorty to get to Diamond, but we were very luck to do West Caribbean in July and a west med cruise just 2 weeks ago of this year, so it just means we will defo have to book another to do the ''diamond thing'' LOL

This one will be mine and my husbands 50th birthday present and my daughter is nearly 16 so she's looking forward to it too

WOW...a roll call already LOL, will have a wee read through it tonight

Thanks again everyone

as we say in Scotland....''Ah canny wait ''

xx

Why have you still not posted on the Roll Call? Join in!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1848442&page=47