Reassignment of Alan B. Buckelew

NJ Fred

I do not purport to know the inner workings of Carnival Corporation. That on the record, I am sorry to learn that Princess's "top guy" Alan Buckelew is being transferred away from the brand.

Mr. Buckelew first caught my attention when I came to learn that he was mostly responsible for the military credits extended to Veterans and Active Duty personnel of the American and Canadian Armed Forces. This simple act of patriotism was based on Alan's own military service. It was almost always a subject of appreciative comment at the many Veterans get-togethers I attended on Princess vessels.

It is most timely to cite Alan's objective manifestations of thanks to we Veterans on the eve of Veterans Day.

Mr. Buckelew, I wish you smooth sailing in your new position. You can never be replaced, only succeeded. And your successor has a big pair of boots to fill.

Last, as a Brother Veteran - I salute you, sir.

Edited by NJ Fred

I saw him several times on the just completed Cruise for a Cause 4 day cruise on the CB out of Houston. He did the introduction at several veteran presentations and was impressive. I do agree that all the veterans get togethers that I have attended (I attend them all) on different Princess ships have praised Princess for recognizing us and our contributions with a generous OBC.

Judging from some of the problems other Carnival lines have experienced like CCL with two ships losing power while at sea and Costa's wrecking a relatively new cruise ship, I would say that they need some direction from corporate. I wish Mr Buckelew success.

'NJ Fred'...excellent & very appropriate sentiments about Alan Buckelew. Beginning the Veteran's OBC two years ago was a wonderful way to thank all of us veterans. I don't think any other cruise line has anything close to this great program for us which was implemented under his 'watch'.

I think that Princess' loss will be CCL's gain & wish him the very best as he begins his new assignment...he's a class act! :)