Concierge? Worth the extra money?

SaskAries

I have noticed that certain cruise lines the concierge isn't a whole lot more money than a verandah/balcony room. IS it worth it to pay the extra?

We sailed with Disney last month and I had wanted to book a concierge room but they were all sold out for our sailing. I know with Disney they are worth the money as I talked to a few concierge cruisers and they said if I can to book one next time.

Will you use the extra services. For us staying in a suite and paying the premium for it is worth it and adds to our cruise experience. Others say its a waste of money. There have also been comparisons of the perks different lines offer. While a good number are similar there are differences. The task is deciding which ones are for you and which are the fluff. All the lines have some fluff

On DCL I wouldn't book any other way.

That said, we plan in cruising small ships in the luxury and luxury-lite realm moving forward, and have found that on those, the up charge for a room with butler service isn't worth it. We travel carry on, so it only takes a minute to unpack, and the other services a butler would offer we can either get through room or guest service or aren't anything we'd use.

We sailed in the Royal Suite on RCCL and were terribly disappointed with the complete lack of service offered by their concierge. We didn't ask for much, and what we did ask for got totally screwed up and was part of a pile of stuff that ruined the vacation. Definitely not worth a couple drinks with cheap booze or cheaper wine in the lounge each day. Not even close to worth it.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

We find butlers more annoying and in the way than helpful.

Last time we had a butler, we tipped him to stay away and not bother us unless we called and requested something. We never called. :D

On the other hand, we find the combination of excellent cabin steward and Neptune Lounge Concierge just right for us. Anything we need or want is tended to promptly, graciously and no effort on our part. We ask for little but those things we do want, we are happy to have addressed for us. HAL has it just right in that regard, IMO