moscow

Katros

We've done some cruises that called at St Petersburg that offered a day's excursion to Moscow. It left VERY early in the AM, you flew, it was pricy, and folks said it was tiring. A day in Moscow is not enough to see and appreciate the city, and unless you've been to St Petersburg several times, you miss all there is to see there. Most folks who've done it that i've talked to would not recommend the Moscow excursion if you're taking a ocean liner cruise calling at St Petersburg, but you're on a river cruise whereby you get to spend 3 or 4 days in Moscow......yes.

You mention northern Europe so I assume you are interested in a sea cruise which would be on the Baltic Sea. Moscow is far inland, no sea cruises. As mentioned, excursions to Moscow are offered on the 2 day stops in St. Petersburg, but I wouldn't recommend it. I would suggest that a tour of Moscow would require a land visit or a river cruise. Both will require a visa which is waived for licensed tour group in St. Petersburg.