Formal night IS formal on Relfection!

skibyrd

Off the October Reflection Turkey and Greek Isles cruise and had a terrific time! One of the best cruises we have had! Suite upgrade didn't hurt, though! Just a word of warning though. We were traveling Italy before and did this 3 week jaunt in a carry on suitcase only (ever try walking around Venice with a big suitcase?)!! Our wonderful waiter though brought suit coats for the guys to wear on formal night as that was one thing we didn't pack. Bought ties in Venice, but no coat. The 54L coats were pretty funny, but they out them on their arms and all was good. We do believe they were the only ones in Main DR without a coat!:eek:

Overall FANTASTIC cruise and staff!!

Off the October Reflection Turkey and Greek Isles cruise and had a terrific time! One of the best cruises we have had! Suite upgrade didn't hurt, though! Just a word of warning though. We were traveling Italy before and did this 3 week jaunt in a carry on suitcase only (ever try walking around Venice with a big suitcase?)!! Our wonderful waiter though brought suit coats for the guys to wear on formal night as that was one thing we didn't pack. Bought ties in Venice, but no coat. The 54L coats were pretty funny, but they out them on their arms and all was good. We do believe they were the only ones in Main DR without a coat!:eek:

Sadly, yes. Fortunately, the Vaporetto stop was only about 60 yards from our hotel. Still, a flight cancellation, fly all night from US, tired. It was not relaxing.

I suspect that a gentleman wearing a shirt and tie would look better without the 54L than with it, but kudos to the Reflection's crew for enforcing the policy.

Do you happen to know if formal night was mandated all over the ship, or just in the main dining room? All reports have been that Blu and the specialty restaurants are smart casual every night. We have a 10 day cruise on Reflection coming up in May after a visit to Rome, so we're hoping to leave the formal wear home.

Do you happen to know if formal night was mandated all over the ship, or just in the main dining room? All reports have been that Blu and the specialty restaurants are smart casual every night. We have a 10 day cruise on Reflection coming up in May after a visit to Rome, so we're hoping to leave the formal wear home.

Main DR only - but we wanted the lobster on the final night (and it was good!).

DS and DH wondering if they will be "too formal" wearing tuxedos on formal night or would they be better off in black suits and ties?

Bring the tuxes:D They definitely won't be alone! Plus guys look so hot in them lol There will also be tuxedos in the Specialty Restaurants and Blu.

Edited by Christine Frances

DS and DH wondering if they will be "too formal" wearing tuxedos on formal night or would they be better off in black suits and ties?

DH always wears tuxes on Formal night and I always wear long formal dress first night and shorter cocktail dress 2nd formal night. You will look AWESOME if you wear formal wear!

Looking forward to my Reflection cruise even more so.

Will pack a jacket for DH :rolleyes:

Blu is designated smart casual, but on a recent Equinox cruise it seemed 75% of men had at least a coat and tie and many were in a Tux. I guess this can vary from cruise to cruise or by itinerary, but honestly I was surprised at the formality of dress at a smart casual venue.

enjoy

Blu is designated smart casual, but on a recent Equinox cruise it seemed 75% of men had at least a coat and tie and many were in a Tux. I guess this can vary from cruise to cruise or by itinerary, but honestly I was surprised at the formality of dress at a smart casual venue.

enjoy

Blu is not a "smart casual" venue, it is "smart casual and above". If people want to dress formally (or feel they have to for whatever reason) then this is perfectly acceptable in Blu and is actively encouraged.

Blu is not a "smart casual" venue, it is "smart casual and above". If people want to dress formally (or feel they have to for whatever reason) then this is perfectly acceptable in Blu and is actively encouraged.

Quite right, and I think that it's fair to state that "and above" applies to all dress codes and all venues aboard. I'm not sure why Celebrity though that it was necessary to mention it, as passengers over-dressing is never an issue, or at least not in my experience.