B2b

Jaylie

is a back to back cruise the same cruise twice or going from one cruise to another? For example, taking an Eastern Caribbean followed right away by a Western Caribbean.

That term is mostly used for cruises on the same ship although you could go to another ship. The process is simple when staying on the same ship; on another ship it would probably be like 2 separate cruises.

Having different itineraries on the same ship is considered a b2b which we've done several times.

Edited by Astro Flyer

A b2b is two cruise taken consequentially. THey can be the same cruise or different. So for instance, we just took a b2b. The first leg was from Rome to Singapore and the second from Singapore to Sydney. Two totally different cruise. On the other hand, we have a b2b booked for March. First leg is a Panama Canal cruise from Fort Lauderdale to LA. The second is the reverse. All the ports are the same

I've either done, or have booked, several B2B cruises including two cruises on the same ship with two different itineraries, two different ships going on two different itineraries, and on the same ship doing the same exact itinerary twice in a row. I've also read on several forums here on Cruise Critic of quite a few people doing the same types of different B2B cruises, even going as far as doing a B2B with one ship leaving out of Miami and the next ship leaving out of Fort Lauderdale.

I think there may be some question if it can actually be called a B2B when there is a day separating the dates of departure, i.e. coming back from one cruise on a Saturday, staying in a hotel overnight, then catching the next ship on Sunday.

A b2b is two cruise taken consequentially. THey can be the same cruise or different. So for instance, we just took a b2b. The first leg was from Rome to Singapore and the second from Singapore to Sydney. Two totally different cruise. On the other hand, we have a b2b booked for March. First leg is a Panama Canal cruise from Fort Lauderdale to LA. The second is the reverse. All the ports are the same

Do b2b cruises count as 1 cruise or 2 (for Captain's Circle purposes)?

Do b2b cruises count as 1 cruise or 2 (for Captain's Circle purposes)?

You get one cruise credit for each booking number. If the cruise could have been purchased in more segments (ie, two 7 day legs vs. the 14 day you purchased), talk to the Captain's Circle rep onboard or call Princess after the cruise and you will get the second credit.

You get one cruise credit for each booking number. If the cruise could have been purchased in more segments (ie, two 7 day legs vs. the 14 day you purchased), talk to the Captain's Circle rep onboard or call Princess after the cruise and you will get the second credit.

We have a single booking number showing a 9 day cruise. But roughly half way through we return to port (Ft. Lauderdale) and have to go through an abbreviated customs and receive a new card. The itineraries are similar but not the same. Considering this do you still feel a talk to Captain's Circle rep would do it? (Thanks for your answer. I have read your other posts and you have a wealth of experience with Princess matters.)

Hi all;

We are doing Crown Princess B2B on Dec 7 & 14. Does anyone know if you are required to leave the ship and re board when the first half ends?

We had to do the re-board process when doing a B2B on one cruise but I seem to remember being able to stay at the pool another time.

Kent

Hi all;

We are doing Crown Princess B2B on Dec 7 & 14. Does anyone know if you are required to leave the ship and re board when the first half ends?

We had to do the re-board process when doing a B2B on one cruise but I seem to remember being able to stay at the pool another time.

Kent

We just did a 5 day and 7 day B2B on the Royal out of Ft. Lauderdale and we had to get off the ship and show our passport to a Customs Officer. Then we got right back on the ship.

Marty

We have a single booking number showing a 9 day cruise. But roughly half way through we return to port (Ft. Lauderdale) and have to go through an abbreviated customs and receive a new card. The itineraries are similar but not the same. Considering this do you still feel a talk to Captain's Circle rep would do it?

It should, but I would wait until the second segment. If it does not, call Princess after you return home and speak with the CC department.

<snip> ...we have a b2b booked for March. First leg is a Panama Canal cruise from Fort Lauderdale to LA. The second is the reverse. All the ports are the same
We're doing the same thing except that a few of the ports differ (going to stop at Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala, a new port and new country for us) in February 2015.

We have been referring to it as a B2B... who cares if it is "really" or not LOL.

Shalom from Tel Aviv. Andy.