Chances of upscale from inside

smj

We have booked on inside for our 10 day Tahiti cruise. We booked the very first day that the cruise became available and got the last inside. Since that time the insides have been sold out bet all others are still available. What are the chances that we will get an upscale offer and when? We leave in Jan.

Looking at booking an 18 day Oceania Marina cruise and need recommendations and information from you wonderful CCers as we have never been on an Oceania cruise.

Should we book a regular verandah cabin, or bump up and book the least expensive Concierge Verandah cabin? Is the extra cost worth the upgrade? Other than the dedicated Concierge lounge, are there any special perks, or should we just save our money? Would the Concierge Lounge be better to have on such a lengthy cruise?

On another note, on Deck 7, there are cabins at front and rear with extended balconies. Anyone been in one of these cabins--and is the longer balcony a good thing or not?

THANKS for any info! :D

Looking at booking an 18 day Oceania Marina cruise and need recommendations and information from you wonderful CCers as we have never been on an Oceania cruise.

Should we book a regular verandah cabin, or bump up and book the least expensive Concierge Verandah cabin? Is the extra cost worth the upgrade? Other than the dedicated Concierge lounge, are there any special perks, or should we just save our money? Would the Concierge Lounge be better to have on such a lengthy cruise?

On another note, on Deck 7, there are cabins at front and rear with extended balconies. Anyone been in one of these cabins--and is the longer balcony a good thing or not?

You might want to start your own thread on this, as many people that might be able to give you an answer might not look on this thread. Wish I could answer, but we always book the same inside cabin(front on R ships, usually 6011) and we are always happy with it and Oceania. Welcome aboard!

We have booked on inside for our 10 day Tahiti cruise. We booked the very first day that the cruise became available and got the last inside. Since that time the insides have been sold out bet all others are still available. What are the chances that we will get an upscale offer and when? We leave in Jan.

Is your category wait listed?? And have you had your TA call and let O know you are interested in an "upsell" as the Upgrade Fairy does not work for free. TA needs to know how much you are willing to spend and you need to make an immediate decision, no time to talk it over or think about it.

You will need to accept the offer on the spot as that "Upsell Fairy" will be making phone calls and if you can't say yes, they will call the next person on the list.

Hope you get the call, miracles do happen, but not very often! Sure wish I was sailing to Tahiti - but only with a balcony please, way too beautiful to have anything else.

If there are any ANY balconies left, do your self a favor and forget the whole fairy thing as that's not likely to happen, upgrade yourself!!!

Oceaina is an upscale line and even the insides are upscale as compared to others...... There are no bad ones so you got an upscale cabin for its type...

In the past we have always booked a window cabin. On some cruises we were in the assigned cabin, others we were offered various upsells and a couple of times got free upgrades, one time several categories.

So are you a gambler or not???

As others have said if a particular level of cabin is important to you I would book it and not hope for an upgrade. An upgrade is a nice perk.

Yes. I am a gambler. If we stay in an inside I will be happy. If there happens to be a upscale at a reduced price I will grab it.

We have been before and it is a beautiful area. If we can't see it from our window or balcony we will spend more time on deck. If we save money now maybe we can always get a suites when we retire.

About 30 days (or more) prior to our French Polynesia cruise we started receiving offers to switch to another sailing at no additional cost. The offers were very tempting as they were longer and much more expensive sailings as well as upgrades to Veranda Suites from our Inside Stateroom. But we had been waiting for our trip for amost a year and half. We loved every minute in FP. We did receive an email for upgrade to an Outside cabin with window for 200.00pp and took it. Can't say I enjoyed the window very much since it was on the Regatta and was just a small window.

This last October was our first trip to the Med on the Marina. Prior to sailing we received offers to switch sailings, and then two weeks before our trip we received an offer to upgrade to Veranda Balcony for 200.00pp! We grabbed it!!

You may...or may not receive offers prior to your sail date. We have sailed inside many times, and on Oceania it is very comfortable, especially on the Marina or Riviera. If an offer comes along great, if not, it leaves me with more money for shopping ;-)

It's two months till sailing and the only staterooms wait-listed are inside? It appears that the cruise is rather undersold by this point. It seems unlikely to me that there are loads of people that wait until the last minutes to purchase 10-day South Pacific cruises.

Oceania will certainly want to make room for those on the wait list so they'll very likely want to move you to a higher category for a small upsell amount to free up your inside stateroom for another paying guest.

It will probably happen soon if you don't start seeing more categories selling out. Contact your TA and have them inquire on your behalf. I was in a similar situation on a Med cruise last month and when My TA called Oceania, she was immediately given an upsell offer to pass along to me. I jumped on it but will always wonder if it would have gotten even sweeter had I waited closer to embarcation. <sigh.>

It's two months till sailing and the only staterooms wait-listed are inside? It appears that the cruise is rather undersold by this point. It seems unlikely to me that there are loads of people that wait until the last minutes to purchase 10-day South Pacific cruises.

Oceania will certainly want to make room for those on the wait list so they'll very likely want to move you to a higher category for a small upsell amount to free up your inside stateroom for another paying guest.

It will probably happen soon if you don't start seeing more categories selling out. Contact your TA and have them inquire on your behalf. I was in a similar situation on a Med cruise last month and when My TA called Oceania, she was immediately given an upsell offer to pass along to me. I jumped on it but will always wonder if it would have gotten even sweeter had I waited closer to embarcation. <sigh.>

Go read the thread "Is Oceania Fair" -- might explain why insides are waitlisted. Seems some folks are scamming the system.

Edited by pacheco18

We have been in a concierge cabin on the Marina and do not feel it is worth the extra cost. We have also been in forward cabins on the Regatta and found them quite bumpy when seas were rough. We prefer the mid ship balconies or the middship oceanviews.