omg! I pulled the trigger on first cruise!

just4steven

So last night I FINALLY pulled the trigger on my first cruise! :eek:

We are always land based island hoppers so this is going to be completely new to us, but I just couldn't pass it up and we couldn't make up our mind of where to fly to this year so I just went with it.

A lot I am still searching for and I'm guessing I will come across it eventually although still quite confused.

We went with Carnival, how does this Sign and Sail work? Do you wait until you get on the ship?

Also, there are no excursions to choose from on the Carnival site other than from the originating port. I did find some search results for this but they mostly were from people looking at them from around 170 to 180 days out. Um, we are 70 days out, does this mean all the destination excursions are sold out, or will they still add more this late?

I don't know, I will probably have a hundred other questions or so but I'll keep on looking around for now.

So last night I FINALLY pulled the trigger on my first cruise! :eek:

We are always land based island hoppers so this is going to be completely new to us, but I just couldn't pass it up and we couldn't make up our mind of where to fly to this year so I just went with it.

A lot I am still searching for and I'm guessing I will come across it eventually although still quite confused.

We went with Carnival, how does this Sign and Sail work? Do you wait until you get on the ship?

Also, there are no excursions to choose from on the Carnival site other than from the originating port. I did find some search results for this but they mostly were from people looking at them from around 170 to 180 days out. Um, we are 70 days out, does this mean all the destination excursions are sold out, or will they still add more this late?

I don't know, I will probably have a hundred other questions or so but I'll keep on looking around for now.

Congratulations on booking your first (probably of many) cruise. Check out the ports of call forum. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 You may find that you want to have a DIY excursion (some ports are great for that).

Enjoy!

hi and welcome. at the bottom of the carnival home page look for ''customer service ''. click on faq's. it will let you look up a ton of great information. of course here on cc you will get wonderful help. have fun planning and have a great cruise.

Edited by dustyroad

Your sign and sail card is your room key...just like in a hotel, you will charge things to your cabin, by having them swipe your room key. You will pay for whatever you charge at the end of the cruise, by whatever means you want.

There is online check-in, where you give them the check-in info....makes boarding a bit easier.

As far as excursions, you can book in advance, or wait until you board the ship. Or, and this is best....get a guidebook and find out something about your ports! You may find that you don't need to pay for an excursion at all to do what interests you! Info is your friend! You can save a lot of money by doing things on your own!

congrats welcome to cruising!!! one piece of advise is take alot of what you read with a grain of salt as everyone has an opinion and to each there own.

This is good advice. Some people ONLY book excursions through the ship, others ONLY book on their own. Some people stay onboard at ports and some people are first in line to get off. The list goes on and on...

Pick what suits you, and don't try to do too much. Don't over plan, but be prepared. You joined the roll call, so that's a great first step. You happen to be on the same cruise that we are on, and I have done this itinerary before. I am happy to help, and so are the thousands of other posters on these boards. You will have a great time!