Courtesy Hold after final payment then book with TA?

kimann

If I have put a courtesy hold on a cabin online through the RCCL website-after final payment, can I then call my TA and have them book the reservation for me or am I locked in to booking with RCCL?

Thanks for the help!

Kim

If I have put a courtesy hold on a cabin online through the RCCL website-after final payment, can I then call my TA and have them book the reservation for me or am I locked in to booking with RCCL?

Thanks for the help!

Kim

You would have to release the courtesy hold and have the travel agent book for you. You run a tiny chance that the specific cabin will be grabbed by someone else in the time that this takes.

(do it while on the phone with your TA)

Edited by Merion_Mom

You would have to release the courtesy hold and have the travel agent book for you. You run a tiny chance that the specific cabin will be grabbed by someone else in the time that this takes.

(do it while on the phone with your TA)

Or that the rates might change from the time you did the courtesy hold to when to call the TA. Remember if the rate is valid for one day, and you call the next day with the TA, you might get a different rate.

You can always book it and then transfer the booking to your TA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you convert a courtesy hold made after final payment date to a confirmed booking, you can't transfer it, since you can't transfer a fully paid booking to a TA. You have to pay the full amount due before you can finish the online booking session, so you'd be better off just starting with a TA and have them do all of it for you.

I haven't had much luck w/ courtesy holds & TA's. But each time I've had a courtesy hold on a room, I've needed to release it before the TA could grab it. I'd suggest booking it yourself then transferring it to the TA (you have 60 days to transfer it). We've done this a few times when we found a cruise we liked and couldn't reach the TA.

Thanks for the help!

Kim

my experience is that I do it all the time for weekend price adjustments when my ta is off and then he will call and get the price adjustment . he gets the hold removed then booked if need be

I haven't had much luck w/ courtesy holds & TA's. But each time I've had a courtesy hold on a room, I've needed to release it before the TA could grab it.

I have sat with my TA, had him do all the discussion with RCI and then verbally validate the transfer to the RCI rep on the phone. We would then do the necessary fax release after that. Did not loose my cabin of choice :) We have done this on several occasions.