Best Riveria/Marina Oceanview cabins??

monctonmama

If you could have 3 wishes for booking an oceanview on either the Marina or the Riveria, which 3 rooms would you choose?

I was looking at 7082 and 7085 but wondered if the verandah wall on the adjoining cabin would impede our view in one direction a bit? Also 7067 and 7064? The same problem perhaps? So thought maybe in the middle.....7074 or 7077 might be a better, clear view out the window?

Some indicate they are a triple room. Does anyone know what that really means? More space or just more furniture/beds??

Of course, we may not have all the choices available, but I'd like to have a short-list ready.

Thanks in advance!

The 2 forward extended cabins 7008/ 7009 The next best are the aft are 7108 and 7111. They have the best view, balconies almost 100 sq ft, large enough for 2 chase lounges a table and 2 chairs.

All the B cabins are inside, the same size.

The ocean view cabins are perched behind the tenders. and are the same interior size as the others unless you get a penthouse or inside.

The cabins you mentioned are for Category B3. I neglected to say I meant Category C- OV Ocean View. What are the best ones to choose in that category?

Curious what you mean by "perched behind tenders????

What does that mean? Are the views obstructed for all the Oceanview cabins? I would think O. would indicate that, as they do for the R ships?

Thanks

I have never been on the OV cabins but you may be right in thinking that the end units may have the vision impeded slightly

Hopefully someone that has been in one of those cabins will respond

As for the triple ..it just means the sofa will be able to accommodate another person

The life boats are under the full length windows so no they do not block the view only if you look down

There are probably some photos here someplace

Lyn

If you could have 3 wishes for booking an oceanview on either the Marina or the Riveria, which 3 rooms would you choose?

I was looking at 7082 and 7085 but wondered if the verandah wall on the adjoining cabin would impede our view in one direction a bit? Also 7067 and 7064? The same problem perhaps? So thought maybe in the middle.....7074 or 7077 might be a better, clear view out the window?

Some indicate they are a triple room. Does anyone know what that really means? More space or just more furniture/beds??

Of course, we may not have all the choices available, but I'd like to have a short-list ready.

Thanks in advance!

Regarding the triple cabin on the O ship I have this to offer. We were almost halfway through one of our sailings in a triple cabin that had been assigned to us at the pier since we were on a GTY. We did not notice anything different from a previous cruise in a standard cabin on Riviera that was not a triple. We asked our cabin steward and were told (as Lyn had indicated) that we may notice the sofa was a bit more firm since that is where the third passenger would sleep on a pull out. Other than that, there was no difference.

As I said, we were about 7 days into a 15 day sailing and never noticed anything different---not even the firmness of the sofa. The rooms appeared to be identical to us.

We briefly visited someone on Riviera one afternoon in a Category C room and the room seemed to be so very bright because of the full window that did not have a veranda railing or furniture between the room and the outside view. So, in actuality, the outside view in the room I visited was not obstructed in any way---not even by a veranda railing or outside furniture.:rolleyes:

You will enjoy your cruise no matter what kind of cabin you have. We have been in Concierge A2 down to Inside F and the cabin had little to do with our overall enjoyment of the cruise. We've thoroughly enjoyed them all. :)

The cabins you mentioned are for Category B3. I neglected to say I meant Category C- OV Ocean View. What are the best ones to choose in that category?

Curious what you mean by "perched behind tenders????

What does that mean? Are the views obstructed for all the Oceanview cabins? I would think O. would indicate that, as they do for the R ships?

Thanks

On my only "O" class ship cruise so far, Marina in June 2011 for a Baltic cruise, for which we saw no need for a veranda, we had a Category C cabin and it was wonderful; so much light and absolutely no obstruction. Our TA booked it the day bookings opened so we had the first one aft, but I truly believe any would be fine.

That is in stark contrast to the "R" ships, where the first ones in the front (Cabins 6033 and 6030) are by far the best because the only obstruction is the davit down the middle holding the small zodiac which is located below the level of the "picture-size" window. The others are obstructed by the tenders/lifeboats. We naively only decided to book our first-ever cruise just three months in advance back in 2008, and were given a guaranty E on Nautica. We were assigned 6033 about one week before the cruise, and have been in that cabin on one other cruise. (Small space indeed, but good layout, great location and you are forced to be neat!:))

Edited by CintiPam

We did a 14 day Baltic cruise in September and we were in cabin # 7075. It was right in the center of the ship, bright in the daytime with plenty of light. I am sensitive to sea sickness and never had to use the patch I brought with me and my husband and I slept all through the nights without any problems. If you haven't been on the Marina you will love it!