Luggage care ideas

merknerk

:rolleyes:Okay everyone, I can't find a good answer to this online. It seems that every time we travel my luggage comes home with plenty of stains, usually black stains. Well I cleaned my suitcases and got all the stains off but want to put a safe stain protection on them. Anyone out there have any good ideas? I want something safe for air travel and the suitcase. My luggage is fabric and a pumpkin color. I knew if I went to Cruise Critic I would get some good answers from fellow travelers.

Scotchgard would probably help, makes it easier to clean....but unless you laminate it, nothing will truly keep the dirt off completely. They handle it so roughly.....it's nearly impossible to keep those black marks off!

I look at my dirty luggage as "well traveled".....

I agree with the Scotch Guard comment. My SIL went on a cruise with us once and she had pink luggage. I mentioned to her that by the time we got to SJU there will be black marks all over it... and sure enough there were. The belt systems the airports use will place black marks on all light colored bags. Unfortunately, its gonna happen, but I think if its treated, they may come off with some elbow grease if they are treated.

You can try spraying some water proofer (sneaker protector) on your luggage.....

When I had fabric luggage, we used this all the time (once a year). Our luggage was blue or black, but I don't remember them having black marks on them.

Now, we have switched to hardsided bags, no need to worry. But if they did get marked, I would just think of it as a souvenir of the trip...

• 3 weeks later...
When I had fabric luggage, we used this all the time (once a year). Our luggage was blue or black, but I don't remember them having black marks on them.

Now, we have switched to hardsided bags, no need to worry. But if they did get marked, I would just think of it as a souvenir of the trip...

Would hard sided luggage break, if rough handled by airlines?