Woo Hoo - Snagged a family view corner aft!

lwuest

For our upcoming November 30th cruise on the Summit! This is a special cruise - My Mom, my sister and me. I had sailed The Millie before with my hubby and we had an aft cabin with a 275 square foot balcony. Well, I have been spoiled since then.

For this trip on the Summit we were able to get an aft with the huge verandah, but not a corner aft. I've been checking and found corner aft 9197 available yesterday. Yep, we got it!!! Lots of room to sit in the sun! We will also plan on having a dinner or two on our verandah. I'll post pics when we get back. Only 18 days before we sail!

For our upcoming November 30th cruise on the Summit! This is a special cruise - My Mom, my sister and me. I had sailed The Millie before with my hubby and we had an aft cabin with a 275 square foot balcony. Well, I have been spoiled since then.

For this trip on the Summit we were able to get an aft with the huge verandah, but not a corner aft. I've been checking and found corner aft 9197 available yesterday. Yep, we got it!!! Lots of room to sit in the sun! We will also plan on having a dinner or two on our verandah. I'll post pics when we get back. Only 18 days before we sail!

I hope and pray that you don't have storms.

We have just come off Infinity. We were in 9156 ( starboard)

We had plenty of room, but also plenty of rock & roll in the Bay of Biscay, especially on Sunday 27 th October, when we were later told by the Captain that waves reached 40ft.

I just wished I'd kept to my mid- ships cabin.

But we did have a great view of the Eclipse on Sunday 3rd November.

How wonderful for you to nab that cabin and especially to be travelling with sis and Mom, what fun. My sisters, Mom and I went on a cruise together a few years ago, it was such fun! Great memories, I hope to repeat the experience someday soon. Enjoy your cabin, sounds gorgeous and roomy. Please post details of your cruise. Dinners on the verandah sound really great! Bon voyage!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You will love the cabin! The balcony is larger than the room, and the room is huge. Sliding glass divider between the two living areas. There used to be two sleepers in the second area, and I had heard that this was changed where you may need a rollaway for one. Not a big deal. Also, there is a hallway outside the cabin to get to your door, which is a great place to store your luggage. Even more space for you! Nothing comparable on the S class!

Enjoy the cruise!

Enjoy, enjoy, I would book a cruise just to get a corer aft.

Last Feb. I took the five day Connie alone, got the same cabin and

felt like I had a private ship. I did invite all of my new cruise friends to share the verandah.

I am confused. I will be taking my two daughters on a cruise next March. I was told by Celebrity that the FV was not available to book unless one had 4 or 5 persons staying in the stateroom. We have 3.

I have been able to book FVs well in advance for my family of 4. But as the previous poster mentioned, at some point closer to sailing unbooked FVs can be snapped up with less people.

Summit FV 8166

10792383434_6262f20acd_c.jpg

I am confused. I will be taking my two daughters on a cruise next March. I was told by Celebrity that the FV was not available to book unless one had 4 or 5 persons staying in the stateroom. We have 3.
If they are not sold, they release them for fewer passengers as it gets closer to the sailing date.

Notice that the OP is going on the November 30 cruise.

Last week they ran a special to close out the remaining suites on that cruise at a price much lower than the AQ or CC or FV categories, so people took advantage of it.

The lower priced suites sold out quickly as passengers who had not originally planned to book a suite quickly decided to book one, leaving a number of remaining CC and AQ and FV cabins available at the higher prices.

Right now, you can book a category FV on that cruise for only one person.

How is it that you find what cabins are available again? Do you have to try each cabin seperately or does it show you whats open on that particular deck?
Right on the Celebrity website for this Nov 30 cruise it is showing available cabins for C1, C2, C3, A1, A2, FV, 2A, 2B, 2C and more categories.

It says that suites are sold out.

If you don't want any of the available cabins that it displays, you can type in another number.

You can also see cabin availability in different formats from any of a number of travel agency websites, for this cruise or any other cruise.

We booked a FV aft for 2 people in December 2012, for a cruise in July 2013. The offer also included a $1000 OBC. Yes, one thousand, not one hundred. I couldn't believe our luck. I guess it all depends on how much they need to move their cabin inventory.

If they are not sold, they release them for fewer passengers as it gets closer to the sailing date.

Notice that the OP is going on the November 30 cruise.

Last week they ran a special to close out the remaining suites on that cruise at a price much lower than the AQ or CC or FV categories, so people took advantage of it.

The lower priced suites sold out quickly as passengers who had not originally planned to book a suite quickly decided to book one, leaving a number of remaining CC and AQ and FV cabins available at the higher prices.

Right now, you can book a category FV on that cruise for only one person.

Thank you!

We booked a FV aft for 2 people in December 2012, for a cruise in July 2013. The offer also included a $1000 OBC. Yes, one thousand, not one hundred. I couldn't believe our luck. I guess it all depends on how much they need to move their cabin inventory.

WOW! I would need that $1000OBC to be able to afford one. I'll have to keep watch.

It is not necessarily after Final Payment. The FV's opened up about three months before FP on our B2B in Jan and I grabbed one of the corner FV's for both legs. If you are booked on an M Class and want one you have to check constantly and have alerts set up as they go really fast!!! I gave up a C2 lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Christine Frances