anyone recommend a nice hotel in miami

smith6

We are in Miami the day before our cruise and are looking for some recommendations for a nice hotel near bars and restaurants and not far from the pier. :) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel right next to the Bayside Village (think that's what it's called) last November and it was quite nice. You could see the cruise terminal from the bayfront rooms.

You might want to post this question in the Port Forums or check out the Miami Forum on Tripadvisor where I also get good travel info.

I'm going to give you a few:

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Epic Hotel

Not a full service hotel but near a lot of restaurants and places for drinks.

Hampton Inn

As an aside, since it's been around longer people think of Intercontinental but Marriott Marquis has been open around 2 years and is a very nice hotel.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

I second Keith's suggestion for the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell Village -- nice hotel and a great area for dining, etc.

If you want a hotel with a view of the port (a gret view to start your day!), try either the Doubletree or the Marriott (next door to the Doubletree). The bar/restaurant in the lobby of the Doubletree is a good choice or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne & 18th) for great tapas and an extensive wine and craft beer list! :D

We've stayed at the IC Downtown for our last few cruises and really enjoyed our stay there. It's a nice hotel, can generally be found at a reasonable price and is in a good location for one night pre-cruise.

During our most recent stay last month I took note of the JW Marriott Marquis and it looks very nice and is closer to Bayside than I expected.

Edited by aurelius180

Hampton inn Brickell

Lovely hotel walking distance to metro mover , restaurants and downtown

Helpful staff , beautiful room

Arranged transportation to port

sorry to hijack this thread a bit

what was the cost to the port?