Something Funny on the Splendor this Week

CZodda

Good Morning All!

I am on the Splendor this week. We are enjoying ourselves but have noticed something peculiar going on. The last couple of days Malcolm the CD has been reminding everyone to wash their hands. Videos have been looping on the TV showing proper hand washing etc. Nothing too weird about that - safety and all - I totally understand, but starting last night we haven't been able to serve ourselves on the Lido buffett. And boy are the cleaning like mad around here - even more than usual!

Wonder if we have been visited by Noro?

Have a great day everyone!

Either they had had cases of Noro already OR they had an outbreak on the last voyage. Better safe than sorry. If they can get ahead of it now, better than having half the ship come down with it because some inconsiderate person refuses to follow basic hygiene rules

I would think that is a good possibility. I think I would be extra cautious about washing hands frequently as instructed and using hand sanitizer when you can't wash. Everything you touch on the ship could have those germs. I would also appreciate the staff serving you even though that has to slow down the process. Be safe and have a great cruise.

Does the ship/cruise line have to make a public statement if there is the Noro virus?

they do if there is a certain percentage of ppl who came down with the flu. on a ship the size of the splendor it might equal like 5-10pp. can't remember the exact numbers. was watching a program a bit back from the cdc and they mentioned when a ship has to report it

just found in cdc site. when 2% are reported sick they have to notify cdc

Edited by jks336

Flu and Noro are 2 different aliments. It is flu season and hopefully most of the passengers would have taken a flu shot before boarding anyway. Too many people who are sick with colds or a virus just ignore it and lie on the health questionnaire. Their thinking is they paid for the cruise and tough luck for anyone else who gets sick because of them.

Sounds like "something" is going around, not enough to clamp down on everyone as yet or issue a general notice to all the passengers. If you notice some cabins that are closed off or hear of any of the passengers being confined to their cabins, then you will know for sure.

When the ship returns to NYC, the next sailing may be delayed due to increased cleaning/wipe down of the ship if indeed Noro has hit a significant number of passengers on your sailing.

MARAPRINCE

Weather in the northeast is colder than usual / below average lately and kicking off the flu/cold season early, plus Noro always managed to hide under the radar - perhaps a few crew members already got bitten - so kudo to CCL for extra measures. Free up the bacon watch @ Lido to do more washy washy, happy happy with the spray bottle ... :D

But, has any one noticed extra ongoing cleaning efforts throughout the ship - are the Purell dispensers out & about at the dining room/buffet entrances - elevator buttons, stair railings & restrooms getting extra attention - those are equally important measures to reinforce spoken messages.

Lastly, we wrote a # of comments individual after getting our post-cruise e-surveys and perhaps corporate is relaying the messages that there's noticeable room for improvement from our observations. What we saw in terms of how dirty dishes, eaten plates & cups are left unattended or just swept away without a good cleaning wipe of the table didn't score any bonus points with us.

What we saw in terms of how dirty dishes, eaten plates & cups are left unattended or just swept away without a good cleaning wipe of the table didn't score any bonus points with us.

When we sailed the Splendor in April we noticed an unacceptable amount of dirty dishes, too. And not just a tiny smudge here or there, I'm talking coffee rings, bits of crusted on food, grease floating in cups, etc... I sure hope these new cleaning measures will prevent that from being an issue on our next trip on her.