MLife Gold BECAUSE of being RCCL Diamond

HI, I am Royal Caribbean Emerald and my friend I will travel with is Royal Caribbean Gold. She is also M-life platinum. I just joined M-life and b/c of C and A status I am now M-life Gold. The M-life travel companion is getting the cruise for free, free dinner in a specialty restaurant and free drink vouchers on the cruise. Although I am gold M-life and was told I would qualify for free dinner and drinks also due to reciprocity from my C and A status, it does not count at all b/c I got it because of C and A. I checked with Club Royale about this. They do check how you got the points. it takes about 48 hours when you are onboard. So Royal C and A members get nothing from the partnership as it pertains to cruising, ( they do get benefits at MGM facilities) if they did not earn the points at an MGM facility/ resort. But... M-lifers get Royal benefits, not earned on a cruise ship to use on the ship, even if they are a lower C and A tier. It appears to me that I will need to go do land based vacations to get the points from M-life to count, that seems contrary to Royal Caribbean encouraging me to cruise. If I can't get m-life points that "count" for anything to them at RC on a cruise ship, I can go to Vegas, but then they are not getting my money, it is going to MGM b/c I can't be in two places at one time. It seems odd to me. Does it make sense to you?????????:confused:

HI, I am Royal Caribbean Emerald and my friend I will travel with is Royal Caribbean Gold. She is also M-life platinum. I just joined M-life and b/c of C and A status I am now M-life Gold. The M-life travel companion is getting the cruise for free, free dinner in a specialty restaurant and free drink vouchers on the cruise. Although I am gold M-life and was told I would qualify for free dinner and drinks also due to reciprocity from my C and A status, it does not count at all b/c I got it because of C and A. I checked with Club Royale about this. They do check how you got the points. it takes about 48 hours when you are onboard. So Royal C and A members get nothing from the partnership as it pertains to cruising, ( they do get benefits at MGM facilities) if they did not earn the points at an MGM facility/ resort. But... M-lifers get Royal benefits, not earned on a cruise ship to use on the ship, even if they are a lower C and A tier. It appears to me that I will need to go do land based vacations to get the points from M-life to count, that seems contrary to Royal Caribbean encouraging me to cruise. If I can't get m-life points that "count" for anything to them at RC on a cruise ship, I can go to Vegas, but then they are not getting my money, it is going to MGM b/c I can't be in two places at one time. It seems odd to me. Does it make sense to you?????????:confused:

It's not odd.

The point of the partnership is to get MLife users to cruise on Royal Caribbean and to get Royal Caribbean C&A members to stay at MGM resorts.

Of course you can't be in both places at once. But that doesn't mean you necessarily choose one or the other. Most people don't vacation exclusively at one or the other. When we cruise, we cruise on RCI. When we go to Vegas, we tend to stay at MGM resorts.

The nice thing is with C&A you don't have to keep earning status yearly, so you get the non-gambling MLife perks permanently (or at least as long as the partnership lasts).

Just back from Vegas. I'm C&A diamond, so I applied for the M-Life card before I left based on the info in this thread. When I arrived, I went to the M-Life desk first and got the M-Life gold card before checking in at the Bellagio. I asked about a complimentary upgrade to a fountain-view room and the desk clerk had to make a phone call, but I got a great room in the main tower overlooking the fountain ... it was awesome!