Singapore Embarkation

CrusinCouple

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't get the search feature to work...anyways. What is the embarkation time for Singapore and are we able to leave the ship after checking in our bags prior to a 6pm departure?

Regards

Keep in mind you will need to go through Singapore security and immigration again when you come back so plan your timing to include this extra chore.

Singapore has to be one of the world's great cruise ports - lots to do right around the terminal building and Vivo City plus the overhead tram to Sentosa Island and direct underground link to the entire Singapore metro system.

Keep in mind you will need to go through Singapore security and immigration again when you come back so plan your timing to include this extra chore.

Singapore has to be one of the world's great cruise ports - lots to do right around the terminal building and Vivo City plus the overhead tram to Sentosa Island and direct underground link to the entire Singapore metro system.

We were advised to use cabs when we were there in April. The cabs are regulated and reasonably priced. If I had one day there, I'd spend it around the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the park that is nearby. We were on a guided tour but didn't get to do that which would have been better than what we did (private tour mostly on a bus).

We were advised to use cabs when we were there in April. The cabs are regulated and reasonably priced. If I had one day there, I'd spend it around the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the park that is nearby. We were on a guided tour but didn't get to do that which would have been better than what we did (private tour mostly on a bus).

Like anywhere else, you will have to watch the cabbies. On a cab ride from center city to the cruise pier, the cabbie tried to overcharge us. When I pointed to the meter, he relented and and we paid the appropriate fare. There is a subway station right at the cruise pier which is clean, safe and efficient.

The HOHO bus does a very good job giving an overview of the main attractions and neighborhoods. There is the old historic Raffles district by the river if you like to walk through parks and see where this city all got started. The Marina Bay Sands is their newest hotel complex and pretty fabulous to get to the top and their infinity pool.

Dining at any of their open air food courts scattered around town or a visit to the "wet markets" is a signature experience in this town too - guide books can give you some choices. Their Chinatown and Little India have lots of color. The glamourous hotels and shopping are out Orchard Road.

Our own favorite chill out spot is to go to Raffles Hotel and pay an exorbitant price for Singapore Sling and enjoy the quiet of their tropical courtyard and poke around this area of town.