What Diamond/Platinum perks were taken away with VIFP?

Dixie24

[quote name='afrayedknot']The sign on the door stated rooms wouldn't be available til 1PM.
Maybe there was a problem of some kind on my floor.
But the employees I talked to were adamant about "no entering."
I might have gone to GS to inquire but was hungry and wanted to get the Mongolian grill before it got crowded.

Pam[/QUOTE]

On the Glory, there is a sign posted that says no entry except Dia, Plat

[quote name='jimbo5544']Are you on the Sunshine now?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone[/quote]

Yep. In Grand Cayman.

[quote name='AmberTeka']EXACTLY. The guy who ran Princess...is now running Carnival.

I think he will be a good addition. he is a Viet Nam Vet, so I think Vets will especially like him. Others too.

Princess always seems to me to be Carnival Folks whose kids are grown...a little more sedate.....a little more sophisticated.....but same nice folks. Friendly. Down to earth. Lots of Canadians sail on Princess. I really like the ones we have played Trivia with and developed friendships.

princess has a good vibe. hope he brings it with him.[/quote]

Which guy is that?

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']Yep. In Grand Cayman.

[/quote]
Thought I saw you Sunday evening in the lounge outside of the Red Frog listening to the entertainment after dinner, maybe 10ish. Was that you, sitting straight on from the band near the back?

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']Doubtful. After naming ceremony went to dinner and then to the show.[/QUOTE]

Thought it might be you because three staff members came up and talked to this person.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']Yep. In Grand Cayman.

Which guy is that?[/QUOTE]

My Bad. He has been promoted to being head of ALL of Carnival. From Cruise Law

"Several news sources are reporting changes in the executive ranks at Carnival Corporation and its brands, Princess Cruises and Holland America Line.

Carnival Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Howard Frank will step down. He is slated to be an adviser to CEO Arnold Donald and Chairman Micky Arison.
@@@@@@@@@@@Jan Swartz becomes the new president of Princess Cruises, replacing President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Alan Buckelew who moves into the COO role at Carnival. @@@@@@@@@@@
Holland America Line CEO Stein Kruse will begin overseeing Princess Princess under the newly formed entity "Holland America Group."

It seems like a family affair to me. Everyone is just changing hats.

The changes become effective December 1, 2013. Edited by AmberTeka

[quote name='AmberTeka']My Bad. He has been promoted to being head of ALL of Carnival. From Cruise Law

"Several news sources are reporting changes in the executive ranks at Carnival Corporation and its brands, Princess Cruises and Holland America Line.

Carnival Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Howard Frank will step down. He is slated to be an adviser to CEO Arnold Donald and Chairman Micky Arison.
@@@@@@@@@@@Jan Swartz becomes the new president of Princess Cruises, replacing President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Alan Buckelew who moves into the COO role at Carnival. @@@@@@@@@@@
Holland America Line CEO Stein Kruse will begin overseeing Princess Princess under the newly formed entity "Holland America Group."

It seems like a family affair to me. Everyone is just changing hats.

The changes become effective December 1, 2013.[/quote]

Met Arnold Donald the other day. Nice, intelligent man, but even better, originally from New Orleans and was wearing his Who Dat tie!