Upgrade ???

How soon before a sailing will RCCL start to offer upgrades, if there are any avail? I have done my preference selection with C&A already, I did not do the automatic will they call me or email or just surprise me at the pier??

Thanks!

Under their recently published rules only those that choose an automatic upgrade may get one from C&A.

How soon before a sailing will RCCL start to offer upgrades, if there are any avail? I have done my preference selection with C&A already, I did not do the automatic will they call me or email or just surprise me at the pier??

Thanks!

If you did not select automatic, then it's not likely they will surprise you. They would call first.

Under their recently published rules only those that choose an automatic upgrade may get one from C&A.

Maybe I missed something when I was gone, but my understanding was that they required your preference to be selected on the website, but you could still have restrictions such that you wanted a phone call before an upgrade.

Thanks!

you have very little to worry about. RCL rarely gives upgrades to those that are not at least D+

I am Diamond and we had never seen, heard from, or really believed in the upgrade fairy, however, 2 days ago we were given a complimentary upgrade, and we were about 10 days out from the cruise. We had booked through a TA so we were informed via the TA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here is the email that was sent out by Crown & Anchor on October 22, 2013.....

Crown & Anchor Society Complimentary Upgrades

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we offer you exclusive privileges to enhance your cruise experience. We would like to take a moment to address recent questions regarding complimentary upgrades.

From time to time Royal Caribbean has a very small number of staterooms that become available for upgrades the week prior to sailing. Should these staterooms become available, Pinnacle Club and Diamond Plus members will be the first to be offered a complimentary upgrade.

In order to be considered for an upgrade, we kindly request you select your upgrade preferences online. Effective November 11, 2013, we will only process complimentary upgrades for members whose preferences have been registered via our website. Make sure to visit RoyalCaribbean.com/CrownandAnchor to update your preferences today. You will need your log in information for the Crown & Anchor section of the website.

Remember, in order to guarantee your desired stateroom type, please reserve the stateroom of choice at time of booking, as upgrades are very rare. Upgrades will only be offered from one main category to the next as follows:

From Grand Suite to Owner's or Family Suite

From Junior Suite to Grand Suite

From Balcony Stateroom to Junior Suite

From Ocean View to Balcony Stateroom

From Interior to Ocean View

Please note: Upgrades may be offered a week prior to your sail date.

At Royal Caribbean we strive to provide our most loyal guests with the best possible cruise experience, as well as to communicate changes in policies in the most efficient manner. We look forward to seeing you on your next Royal Caribbean cruise!

Happy Sailing.

We received an upgrade from Balcony to JS when we were Platinum. We were never notified and had I not checked my booking on line prior to sailing, I would not have known until we got to the port.

We enjoyed the JS because of the large storage area.

Muriel

Maybe I missed something when I was gone, but my understanding was that they required your preference to be selected on the website, but you could still have restrictions such that you wanted a phone call before an upgrade.

Just was on my account confirming my information and the section regarding upgrade preferences still allows a number of restrictions as before, but it only indicated contact via email - saw no mention of contacting you by phone.

BYW - might be a good idea to recheck everything as some of my selections with certain options somehow had changed and I had to reset a few things in my profile. Might be a result of the recent site work completed.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

you have very little to worry about. RCL rarely gives upgrades to those that are not at least D+

Now, how do you know my status with RCCL, to say I have nothing to worry about?? Some people do not feel the need to post EVERY cruise they have been on to let the world know all of their business...

Here is the email that was sent out by Crown & Anchor on October 22, 2013.....

Crown & Anchor Society Complimentary Upgrades

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we offer you exclusive privileges to enhance your cruise experience. We would like to take a moment to address recent questions regarding complimentary upgrades.

From time to time Royal Caribbean has a very small number of staterooms that become available for upgrades the week prior to sailing. Should these staterooms become available, Pinnacle Club and Diamond Plus members will be the first to be offered a complimentary upgrade.

In order to be considered for an upgrade, we kindly request you select your upgrade preferences online. Effective November 11, 2013, we will only process complimentary upgrades for members whose preferences have been registered via our website. Make sure to visit RoyalCaribbean.com/CrownandAnchor to update your preferences today. You will need your log in information for the Crown & Anchor section of the website.

Remember, in order to guarantee your desired stateroom type, please reserve the stateroom of choice at time of booking, as upgrades are very rare. Upgrades will only be offered from one main category to the next as follows:

From Grand Suite to Owner's or Family Suite

From Junior Suite to Grand Suite

From Balcony Stateroom to Junior Suite

From Ocean View to Balcony Stateroom

From Interior to Ocean View

Please note: Upgrades may be offered a week prior to your sail date.

At Royal Caribbean we strive to provide our most loyal guests with the best possible cruise experience, as well as to communicate changes in policies in the most efficient manner. We look forward to seeing you on your next Royal Caribbean cruise!

Happy Sailing.

Thank you!!

RC and all cruise lines keep detailed records of all your previous cruises, listing them here is not at all related!

I do not have mine listed, just have never had the time yet to sit and do it!

One day - in my retirement - ha ha retired 3 yrs ago and have less time than when i worked full time!!

Just was on my account confirming my information and the section regarding upgrade preferences still allows a number of restrictions as before, but it only indicated contact via email - saw no mention of contacting you by phone.

BYW - might be a good idea to recheck everything as some of my selections with certain options somehow had changed and I had to reset a few things in my profile. Might be a result of the recent site work completed.

If you want to be contacted by phone prior to leaving home, you must call C&A and they will note this preference on your profile. It can not be done online.

Now, how do you know my status with RCCL, to say I have nothing to worry about?? Some people do not feel the need to post EVERY cruise they have been on to let the world know all of their business...

Your signature tells me and everyone else that you are not D+. If you were you'd know how the company gives upgrades

I am sailing on Nov. 24 on Allure and we were upgraded on Nov. 12. They did not call me, I just noticed it when I was doing online check in. It is in my preferences to automatically upgrade me if available without needing my permission. So my husband and I now get a junior suite!!!

Your signature tells me and everyone else that you are not D+. If you were you'd know how the company gives upgrades

Like I said not everyone posts ALL their business (cruises) on here, for many different reasons. I also believe that the new policies became effected as of Nov. 2013, so that is what I was referring to.

It is people like you, that stop others from even posting or asking questions on what is suppose to be a friendly site. Not to insult others or assume you know everything about them. But thanks for your input anyways D+ member!!

I wish I knew why people on this site are so snippy! What's the point? This site has so much helpful information for new and experienced cruisers. Can't we all just be respectful of others points of view? Namaste!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Like I said not everyone posts ALL their business (cruises) on here, for many different reasons. I also believe that the new policies became effected as of Nov. 2013, so that is what I was referring to.

But thanks for your input anyways D+ member!!

All I said was that you had little chance of an upgrade unless you are D+. I don't know why that hit a sore spot with you.

Are you saying all your cruises aren't listed? Why not if they aren't? I have no reason to believe your sig is not accurate

The policy is not new. i filled out those upgrade choices well over a year ago

I am not a D+ member

Edited by SeaUs