Rhapsody in Newcastle...

Could someone please confirm that Rhapsody of the Seas will be in Newcastle on Wednesday, Nov 20? We live about 40 mins from Newcastle and would love to pop down and see the ship as we are going on a cruise on Rhapsody in Feb 2014.:-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Arrives at berth at 7am so best to watch come into the heads from 6am.

We had the best welcome and farewell ever on our arrival into Newcastle. This was on Celebrity Mercury a few years ago. There were thousands there at 5.45am as we came through the heads. We were all taking photos of them as much as they were taking photos of us...lol.

Leaving was fun as everyone in the cafes were whistling, tooting car horns and waving.

Great memory of our day in Newcastle, a great and welcoming place to visit.

Jill:)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

We had the best welcome and farewell ever on our arrival into Newcastle. This was on Celebrity Mercury a few years ago. There were thousands there at 5.45am as we came through the heads. We were all taking photos of them as much as they were taking photos of us...lol.

Leaving was fun as everyone in the cafes were whistling, tooting car horns and waving.

Great memory of our day in Newcastle, a great and welcoming place to visit.

Jill:)

The Novacastrians know how to party, it would have been very exciting for all concerned.:D

Was she as big and beautiful as you expected?:D

She's both big and beautiful, but unfortunately Newcastle Port doesn't allow you get up close and personal. We had to be satisfied with looking from a cafe on the other side of the harbour, since we weren't able to get to town early enough to see her arrive.

But it was certainly enough to whet the appetite! :-)

She's both big and beautiful, but unfortunately Newcastle Port doesn't allow you get up close and personal. We had to be satisfied with looking from a cafe on the other side of the harbour, since we weren't able to get to town early enough to see her arrive.

Did you notice on the Newcastle ports schedule, that she will be back on 22nd January, due in at 10.00 am, so you could watch her cruise in? -

Rhapsody of the Seas

Wednesday, 22 January 2014

10:00

19:00

Interesting that RCL has the majority of cruise ship visits to Newcastle.

Did you notice on the Newcastle ports schedule, that she will be back on 22nd January, due in at 10.00 am, so you could watch her cruise in? -

Rhapsody of the Seas

Yes, I did notice that. We can definitely be there by then! Thank you :-)

That is a shame you missed the sail in, at least you will have another chance.:D

If you think she's big you may fall over seeing voyager or Oasis

In March the Celebrity Solstice will be in Newcastle. Certainly worth seeing. One of our favourites but I think we like all of them! Possibly the largest to utilise Newcastle's facilities.

The Solstice is my favourite ship, (along with the other ones).:D

If you think she's big you may fall over seeing voyager or Oasis

Yep, I know that Rhapsody is a baby compared to the mega ships, but our only experience with cruising has been P&O Pacific Sun, so the Rhapsody is magnificent. We hope to work, or should I say cruise up from there!:)

Yep, I know that Rhapsody is a baby compared to the mega ships, but our only experience with cruising has been P&O Pacific Sun, so the Rhapsody is magnificent. We hope to work, or should I say cruise up from there!:)

Good luck, It gets addictive very quick.:D

Rhapsody of the Seas

I will be on that cruise! I live on the Central Coast and I cant wait to see newcastle from the middle of the harbour.