Can I swap switch over names on two cabin?

kevinyork

Thinking about booking two cabins whilst the November Captains club discount is on. Problem is myself and OH are Captains Club members and would get the discount but my mother and sister are not.

Is it possible to book the two cabins splitting me and OH, one in each cabin, along with either Mum or Sis then just switch when onboard or at check in? That way both cabins would get the captains Club discount.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Of course you can. When you check in just set up accounts in each name and everyone will have their own sea pass card with this account on it. Then ask for more room keys and you are all set. Simple to do! We just booked 2 cabins for Alaska to take son and his family and did this. Have fun

You can go straight to guest services once you've boarded and exchange the two people (obviously for each other, unless you'd prefer total strangers in your cabin...lol:eek:); guest services will issue new seapass cards. We have done this in the past - it was our TA that was shocked because she thought we'd swapped husbands :eek:.

When you check-in online, ensure you set accounts so that your CC will pay for you and your DH, and the other two settle theirs accordingly (you do have an option to add passengers from another booking number for the same CC number ;)).

We've done this same thing....easy peasy!!!

Last time we did it, we just asked when checking in....they did it with no troubles.

The only issue we had was that, sine we had two females in one room and two males in the other, the beds were split apart. A quick request to the steward got that resolved!

Oh, wait that wint work will it since our photo id wont match the card. Will they issue extra cards easily? Isnt it just one per person?

When you go to Guest Services, they sort that, no problem :). Basically, they just swap the two people over and the photo linked to the card goes with them ;).

Thanks all. Stops me worrying now about the Celebrity cruise police coming calling.

Doesn't look as if you are at the top tier for loyalty benifits, but if you were, by splitting the reservation to get the discount, you would have also shared the Elite lounge benefit.... not sure if that would stick when you switched the cabin contents back toyour mother and sister back together ... :confused::p

Edited by A Sixth?

Doesn't look as if you are at the top tier for loyalty benifits, but if you were, by splitting the reservation to get the discount, you would have also shared the Elite lounge benefit.... not sure if that would stick when you switched the cabin contents back toyour mother and sister back together ... :confused::p

No, we are way down the tier but with the current loyalty discounts every bit helps.

Is it possible to book the two cabins splitting me and OH, one in each cabin, along with either Mum or Sis then just switch when onboard or at check in? That way both cabins would get the captains Club discount.

There's always a way to beat the system, and then we complain when we think the cruise line is nickel and diming us.

Well I just called my agent. They said that since Costa Concordia no changes are allowed after embarkation so we could not split the club members across two cabins then switch them when onboard....... a bit stuck now.

Not sure you agent is correct on that; first I have heard someone claim that. Am pretty sure people have posted about doing this on Celebrity on multiple threads since Costa Concordia incident. Not sure what Costa incident would have to do with this. People upgrade after final payment on occasion; logistically this would be no different in terms of knowing where people are assigned. Also sometimes people have to move rooms because of mechanical issues in the room.

There's always a way to beat the system, and then we complain when we think the cruise line is nickel and diming us.

I tend to agree. A month or so ago, there was a thread about various ways by which passengers could possibly beat the system governing the promotional drink packages. The majority of the posts expressed the view that it was dishonest and unacceptable behaviour. I'm not sure that booking cabins in the manner isn't equally questionable. This may be slightly more subtle, but clearly the intent is the same: for the OP to acquire benefits to which he wouldn't otherwise be entitled.

I tend to agree. A month or so ago, there was a thread about various ways by which passengers could possibly beat the system governing the promotional drink packages. The majority of the posts expressed the view that it was dishonest and unacceptable behaviour. I'm not sure that booking cabins in the manner isn't equally questionable. This may be slightly more subtle, but clearly the intent is the same: for the OP to acquire benefits to which he wouldn't otherwise be entitled.

To the contrary; Celebrity CVP's have on occasion recommended that people do this. If Celebrity is OK with this it is rather judgmental to criticize people for taking advantage.

To the contrary; Celebrity CVP's have on occasion recommended that people do this. If Celebrity is OK with this it is rather judgmental to criticize people for taking advantage.

If Celebrity approves, then I certainly withdraw my previous comments. Celebrity should simplify and identify bookings of this nature as part of the established booking procedures rather than oblige customers to go through such a convoluted process.