MS Nieuw Amsterdam and MS Eurodam Sail-Away- Nov. 17, 2013

aliaschief

[quote name='KNOT2L82SAIL']??? Was that the Royal Princess playing the Love Boat as she sailed by? or Lou and Dave teasing us? Or another condo owner? :confused:[/quote]

Nope, that's the Royal Princess! :) Edited by Boytjie

guys this was absolutely great!

First the Eurodam with a whole lotta dam tooting, then Princess with the Love Boat Intermezzo, and finally NA with a huge long toot, and now even more!!!!!! Yeah NA!!!!!

this is like.....well...Toot Heaven!!!!!!!! :D

[quote name='KNOT2L82SAIL']Thanks Chief. I wonder if they only do the Love Boat as they leave here? No matter. Love it.

And Nieuw Amsterdam.... great job with the toots too.

I am a happy addict now. Got my fix! ahhhh[/quote]

Brand new ship...latest technology.

[quote name='KNOT2L82SAIL']Thanks Chief. [B]I wonder if they only do the Love Boat as they leave here?[/B] No matter. Love it.

And Nieuw Amsterdam.... great job with the toots too.

I am a happy addict now. Got my fix! ahhhh[/quote]

The Disney ships play their horn songs every time they leave a port. And, if they pass another Disney ship while at sea, the ships play a battle of the horns.

Was this the pink towel (although it looks orange to me)?

[IMG]http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u557/Kathryn_Conway/image_zpsc5d988d2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[IMG]http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u557/Kathryn_Conway/image_zps81462067.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'][SIZE=3]Now that is some DAM GOOD Tooting :D[/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]Lisa, how is Tom? And HOW are YOU faring? I know you are probably run ragged but hope you are doing ok?

Yep, our Capt Henk has returned to prove that the Horns have not been quieted by anyone except untrained Captains:)

I counted at minimum 66 toots from Eurodam and 10 (some super super long) from Nieuw Amsterdam.

Got to say I think I was MORE impressed by Royal Princess Playing "A Time For Us" on her horns:) Now THAT was awesome:)

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='metairiegal']The Disney ships play their horn songs every time they leave a port. And, if they pass another Disney ship while at sea, the ships play a battle of the horns.[/QUOTE]

We were on the Fantasy and passed the Magic or Wonder and there was not a peep from either. We could see her but maybe we were too far apart for a battle of the horns.

[quote name='IRL_Joanie']
[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]I counted at minimum 66 toots from Eurodam and 10 (some super super long) from Nieuw Amsterdam.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Got to say I think I was MORE impressed by Royal Princess Playing "A Time For Us" on her horns:) Now THAT was awesome:)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Joanie[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/quote]

Toot Heaven, Joanie....toot heaven....how can anything top this? Still grinning :D

[quote name='Himself']The Nieuw Amsterdam went out right behind the Royal Princess. She cast off her mooring lines before 4:15PM I believe Mass is art 5PM so the priest could watch the sail away. I hope that is true in two weeks.[/quote]

Three weeks for us Father. Wish we could have met you. Have a great cruise and thanks for your Service.

Lisa, how is Tom? And HOW are YOU faring? I know you are probably run ragged but hope you are doing ok?

Yep, our Capt Henk has returned to prove that the Horns have not been quieted by anyone except untrained Captains:)

I counted at minimum 66 toots from Eurodam and 10 (some super super long) from Nieuw Amsterdam.

Got to say I think I was MORE impressed by Royal Princess Playing "A Time For Us" on her horns:) Now THAT was awesome:)

Joanie

Great that you joined us Joanie. Welcome.