Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

They will give the D's some drink coupons.

And what about other benefits of the lounge during the daytime when it is mostly empty? Should Diamonds be denied access to the Diamond Lounge during "off" hours (outside of the nightly cocktail period).

Some folks can be pretty amazing, and not in a good way. Phish, please take a breath. I can only imagine how many sea pass cards you checked before complaining about those low class diamond plus folks. You should have just announced to the room " I am a suite guest, all you damn diamond plus people, get the hell out of my chair."

Yes I am diamond plus, yes I enjoy the cl. I rarely go in the evening because I usually have better things to do. However, I visit during the day a couple of times to get a cappuccino. I will be unhappy if that perk is no longer available to me. I have spent a great deal of my hard earned money on cruising, mostly on RCI, and expect to enjoy the perks that rccl had given me and others as part of their loyalty program.

Some folks can be pretty amazing, and not in a good way. Phish, please take a breath. I can only imagine how many sea pass cards you checked before complaining about those low class diamond plus folks. You should have just announced to the room " I am a suite guest, all you damn diamond plus people, get the hell out of my chair."

Yes I am diamond plus, yes I enjoy the cl. I rarely go in the evening because I usually have better things to do. However, I visit during the day a couple of times to get a cappuccino. I will be unhappy if that perk is no longer available to me. I have spent a great deal of my hard earned money on cruising, mostly on RCI, and expect to enjoy the perks that rccl had given me and others as part of their loyalty program.

I thought the Diamond Lounge has the cappuccino machine in there. Is there a concierge as well?

some folks can be pretty amazing, and not in a good way. Phish, please take a breath. I can only imagine how many sea pass cards you checked before complaining about those low class diamond plus folks. You should have just announced to the room " i am a suite guest, all you damn diamond plus people, get the hell out of my chair."

yes i am diamond plus, yes i enjoy the cl. I rarely go in the evening because i usually have better things to do. However, i visit during the day a couple of times to get a cappuccino. I will be unhappy if that perk is no longer available to me. I have spent a great deal of my hard earned money on cruising, mostly on rci, and expect to enjoy the perks that rccl had given me and others as part of their loyalty program.

like......

Fair warning - about to commit heresy - I usually prefer the DL over the CL.

Except for the Oasis & Allure, they both have the same amenities and - IMHO - the CL tends to house a higher percentage of "egos" that are too big for the room.

Except for the Oasis & Allure, they both have the same amenities and - IMHO - the CL tends to house a higher percentage of "egos" that are too big for the room.

I actually didn't notice egos when we sailed on the Allure in September and used the CL nightly. My only gripe was not being able to sit down and enjoy a cocktail or two due to the overcrowding.

+1. Between the cheap alcohol, cheap snacks, and overbearing blowhards bragging about their status, I just don't see the appeal of these lounges.

I was on Oasis recently. I came across one guy in Chops who would not shut up about his status, bragging away and giving all kinds of bad advice to the poor trapped couple next to him. He did the same thing a few nights later in CL and it became a battle of oneupsmanship with some TAs. I had to leave. I just spent my evenings in the VCL, enjoying the music and happy to pay for higher quality cocktails.

Concierge lounge access should really begin at 350 points. People with 500 points receive same benefit as those with 175 - a new level really is necessary if RCL wants people to remain loyal.

Really? How does RCL compare to other cruise lines. I know Celebrity only goes to Elite which equates to 10 cruises and/or equals RCI Diamond level.

I've said it before airline and hotels make you qualify for status every year. I feel if cruise lines really want to see how loyal folks are do something similar. This status for life is crazy. Whether or not, they ask their loyal cruises to cruise at least 7-14 nights each year to keep your status.

+1. Between the cheap alcohol, cheap snacks, and overbearing blowhards bragging about their status, I just don't see the appeal of these lounges.

I was on Oasis recently. I came across one guy in Chops who would not shut up about his status, bragging away and giving all kinds of bad advice to the poor trapped couple next to him. He did the same thing a few nights later in CL and it became a battle of oneupsmanship with some TAs. I had to leave. I just spent my evenings in the VCL, enjoying the music and happy to pay for higher quality cocktails.

I completely agree!

I've said it before airline and hotels make you qualify for status every year. I feel if cruise lines really want to see how loyal folks are do something similar. This status for life is crazy. Whether or not, they ask their loyal cruises to cruise at least 7-14 nights each year to keep your status.

That is absolutely absurd. People fly and or use hotels for business more often than not. A cruise is strictly a vacation. Not everyone can afford to take multiple vacations per year, or even one per year for that matter. A complete resetting of points each year "use it or lose it" would see people abandon RCI in droves for other lines. Mass Exodus.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif Absolutely agree. Guess you could say that cheap booze creates cheap talk!!!!!:D

LMBO... Glad to see you are still at sea.

I just can't see RC throwing Diamond Members out of the DL. Maybe they will make changes to the ships in the future and make a DL, D+ Lounge and CL. My suggestion would be to make the Viking Crown Lounge the D lounge. Whenever we go in there it's always pretty empty anyway.

On the newly refreshed Serenade, a portion of the Viking Lounge has been designed to accommodate the D lounge. On our recent 12 nite Mediterranean cruise, the D lounge never felt overcrowded, as a matter of fact, we had some D+ Paxs who used the D lounge because the CL was filled with suite kids.

OPS are getting all upset and the only thing that I heard some 2+ months ago from a customer relationship representative was the establishment of another level between the D+ and Pinnacle. I doubt if there's going to be any radical changes to benefits presently enjoyed by the D & ups.

If the perks change to Loyalty based on most recent cruising some suggest there will be a mass Exodus from Royal Caribbean.

Mass Exodus to where? I sail on Royal Caribbean because of all the Lines I have sailed Royal fits my lifestyle now. If I preferred another Line I would sail them instead. I really like the perks, especially the balcony discount, but it is not the reason I sail Royal Caribbean.

Edited by JillLovesTravel

I agree as well, perhaps the diamonds should all gather and let C & A aware of how they feel. Taking away from D now will make taking away from D+ easier the next time a change comes around. Getting thousands of emails would make them think twice about their decision. I remember when Celebrity tried to change some things, the Elites stuck together and the change never took hold!

rccl should move all dia & dia+ that have a silver sea pass card into the diamond lounge and give the CL only to the cruisers that are issued a gold colored sea pass card. this is a very easy fix and it will ease all the CL crowding. :):):) LUV-LUV-LUV