qsine

ctbx1

I have never been to the other specialty restaurants, but I thoroughly enjoyed Qsine when I went this past summer on Summit. I truly appreciated the whimsical nature of the restaurant including the decorations, food presentations, and food concepts. I felt like I was in the middle of the Mad Hatter's tea party in Alice in Wonderland!

I prefer Qsine to Tuscan Grille. Tuscan is just an Americanized version of an Italian steakhouse; food and ambiance is nicer than main dining room, but just not that special of a menu and similar restaurants on land are abundant. Qsine is a whimsical dinner with fun twists on typical international foods - i.e. sushi lollipops or spring rolls served literally on springs. Quality wise the food is not the best (Murano has best quality food for Celebrity), but much of it is good and it makes for a fun, memorable evening. I recommend avoiding the fried food as it will fill you up quickly and the best dishes tend to be the non-fried foods. The food is served small plates style - each member of your party orders 2-3 dishes and you share them; the food is brought out one course at a time. I definitely recommend ordering the M's Favorites (several different small servings of various Mediterranean dishes such as falafel, hummus, lamb chops etc) with an impressive presentation. The sushi lollipops, tacos and the painter's filet (steak) are also good choices IMHO. Many also enjoy the lava crab and the lobster escargot.

was wondering if anyone has been to this restaurant. I was thinking

of 2....Murano...and either Tuscan or Qsine. Please give opinions. thanks:)

Many folks have eaten there......here are 3 threads about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1940529&highlight=qsine

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1931177&highlight=qsine

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1874529&highlight=qsine

We visit the specialty restaurants for the quality of food and not for the gimmicks. There's a whole lot of gimmicks and very little substance at the Qsine. Set the appropriate expectations and then you'll enjoy your experience there.

We visit the specialty restaurants for the quality of food and not for the gimmicks. There's a whole lot of gimmicks and very little substance at the Qsine. Set the appropriate expectations and then you'll enjoy your experience there.

I tend to agree with this post. Ate at Qsine last month. The food was good; however, I also think it is gimmicky. One visit might be fun, though.

We ate twice at The Olympic (? correct name) dining room on Millie as well, and found the service there the first time to be "over the top." Our party had people in it who have lived in several countries including France, so it was a tad irritating to have the waiters tell us what and how we should be eating. The second time, we had different waiters who were less ingratiating, and were friendly as well as efficient. The food was very good.

This was my opinion of Qsine as well. We went on the Eclipse in 2011, and will probably go back once with a group on our trip in February, but its wasn't really a hit for me.

We loved Qsine. We went on Infinity and the space they have it in is worth it almost by itself. I've been wanting to go back ever since, and if they had Qsine on land I would definitely go. The food itself is delicious and fun. It's not Michelin star dining, but it's rather like that tapas place with just well-prepared food and interesting sauces. Our favorite was actually the soup and souffle. The soups in the test tubes really did pair well with the three different souffles.

Qsine is what made us want to book Celebrity again.

My wife and I both loved Qsine and we're definitely donig again on the next cruise. Betwen the two of us we had a very good time, but if you're with a group of 4 or more it could be loads of fun. Everyone trying a variety of dishes.

And definitely go hungry!

I think most people have just about nailed it - QSine isn't going to win any awards for the most amazing food, but it can be a very fun way to spend an evening, especially with a big group so you can try a lot of different things. We've done it at least 4 times now, and definitely the best was when we had a huge group of approaching 20, and we had just about everything on the menu. It was a veritable "parade of food," and the company made it all the more memorable. When we've done it with only 2 or 3, it's been just "ok." Of course this could also be because that time was on a Millennium transpacific and it was so cold in the restaurant that they were handing out blankets to diners (seriously) :)

I think the secret to QSine is to go with at least four people (preferably more) and to make sure at least some of those in attendance have never been before, because it's very fun to experience again through "new eyes." A few extra cocktails don't hurt, either ;)

Just want to add my view to the original poster in case they are just a party of two. I completely disagree with the view some hold that Qsine is better in a larger group. While it certainly can be a lot of fun in a group, it also can be equally fun (and at times easier) as a couple. While some dishes have enormous portions that are too much for a couple (i.e. the meatballs), a majority of the dishes are small - and often have various small components within them - so sharing between more than two people can be awkward for some dishes. Another misconception some have is that because each course has it's own whimsical presentation that one will "miss out" if they do not dine with a large group and see/experience nearly everything on the menu. That is no more true to Qsine than any other restaurant; just order the dishes you find most appealing and do not worry about "missing" the others. Finally, generally your server can modify the portions of the large dishes to be more suitable for a couple, for example instead of receiving all three of the giant meatballs if you want that dish, you can pick one of the three to receive.

Just want to add my view to the original poster in case they are just a party of two. I completely disagree with the view some hold that Qsine is better in a larger group. While it certainly can be a lot of fun in a group, it also can be equally fun (and at times easier) as a couple. While some dishes have enormous portions that are too much for a couple (i.e. the meatballs), a majority of the dishes are small - and often have various small components within them - so sharing between more than two people can be awkward for some dishes. Another misconception some have is that because each course has it's own whimsical presentation that one will "miss out" if they do not dine with a large group and see/experience nearly everything on the menu. That is no more true to Qsine than any other restaurant; just order the dishes you find most appealing and do not worry about "missing" the others. Finally, generally your server can modify the portions of the large dishes to be more suitable for a couple, for example instead of receiving all three of the giant meatballs if you want that dish, you can pick one of the three to receive.

Gonzo

Your tip about portions is timely. We get a table for two.

We like Tuscan but want to dine in Qsine. It's fun to try all the Specialty dining during a long cruise.

To the OP, Celebrity has a morning display of foods and cooking demonstrations in the Atrium area one day early in the cruise. You'll see some of the menu items and can decide to dine from what you see.

Specialty restaurants are seldom full. Booking in advance is not necessary for a party of two.

Penny

We love qsine but it's a lot of food for 2to 3 people. I always leave with the alka-seltzer "I are too much " feeling and usually cancel a couple of courses. Erode we are done. I think it's much better with a large group. On the other hand, I always leave the specialty restaurants feeling that way. Definitely worth the money

I don't think it's the best food on the ship...but very creatively prepared and served. It's a fun evening, worth an evening.

I agree

We ate there only a few days ago, and while it was interesting and fun, it was defintely not the best food (or service) on the ship (for me that was at Olympic).

I think I had built it up way more than it deserved and I was let down a little.

As for party size, it was just my husband and I, and we had each put our favourites on the iPad and my husband was not impressed that something he really wanted to try was deemed "too much" for our sitting - that's the only part of the ordering process we didn't like. Maybe just one iPad per table and let us decide on the final order would be a better way of doing things. But they did oblige us and bring out the dish after we asked.