The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

No you couldn't.

That's not showing a comparison between old and new programs.

I pointed out that it didn't work with the old tier system, but you could look at how many points would be awarded for a B2B now. You only read the first part of my statement.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I pointed out that it didn't work with the old tier system, but you could look at how many points would be awarded for a B2B now. You only read the first part of my statement.:D

No, I read it all.

I had written that there was a whole block of green that didn't apply, which you then wrote the above to. However, it does not override what I wrote.

The purpose of the table is to compare between old and new programs as the poster stated "

Attached is colour coded comparison between points accrued in old / new clubs to show the winners and losers based upon your future sailing pattern.
, but if you use those figures and colour comparison the results and conclusion will be incorrect. :D

No, I read it all.

I had written that there was a whole block of green that didn't apply, which you then wrote the above to. However, it does not override what I wrote.

The purpose of the table is to compare between old and new programs as the poster stated ", but if you use those figures and colour comparison the results and conclusion will be incorrect. :D

Maybe it is just me, but why are people comparing the old program to the new program. The new program is the only way to earn points now.

Maybe it is just me, but why are people comparing the old program to the new program. The new program is the only way to earn points now.

No, it's not just you :eek: Good grief - can't believe some of the posts on here. Love it, hate it, care, don't care, better off, worse off - it's changed, surely after 1000+ posts, its time to move on :)

No, it's not just you :eek: Good grief - can't believe some of the posts on here. Love it, hate it, care, don't care, better off, worse off - it's changed, surely after 1000+ posts, its time to move on :)

No way, we can make this the new horror thread just like the dress code ones:rolleyes:

We went on the Reflection on Nov 23, 2 days before the new program. None of the new perks were offered- although my diet appreciates the lack of gelato. The points were just awarded and they used the new system, so we missed out on both ends.

My only complaint was the combination of the old system (perks) and the new system (points) on the cruises that departed between Nov. 23 and 25. Anyone in AQ or below lost out in points. Since we didn't receive the perks, they should have used the old point system for those cruisers. If we had gotten the perks, great! We got the worst of both (figuratively speaking). Of course, any day at sea beats a day at work!!!

It wouldn't have cost them a penny to continue the previous points system for these few cruises (then multiply by 30) and would have solved 90% of the complaints. Since they boosted others who were close to the next level by adding points to upgrade their status, they could have done a similar "fix" for these cruisers.

When you change any type of program, why would you change part of it on one day and then the remainder 3 days later? It should have one effective date.

Still a Celebrity fan and do believe the perks recognize loyalty, which is their function. Although I use only a few of them, I really appreciate the ones I use ... my internet time and going home with clean laundry! Will look at future bookings to play the game according to the new rules!

More important to me would be to have some special offers available on repositioning cruises ... we get excluded from almost all of them!

My only complaint was the combination of the old system (perks) and the new system (points) on the cruises that departed between Nov. 23 and 25. Anyone in AQ or below lost out in points. Since we didn't receive the perks, they should have used the old point system for those cruisers. If we had gotten the perks, great! We got the worst of both (figuratively speaking). Of course, any day at sea beats a day at work!!!

It wouldn't have cost them a penny to continue the previous points system for these few cruises (then multiply by 30) and would have solved 90% of the complaints. Since they boosted others who were close to the next level by adding points to upgrade their status, they could have done a similar "fix" for these cruisers.

When you change any type of program, why would you change part of it on one day and then the remainder 3 days later? It should have one effective date.

Still a Celebrity fan and do believe the perks recognize loyalty, which is their function. Although I use only a few of them, I really appreciate the ones I use ... my internet time and going home with clean laundry! Will look at future bookings to play the game according to the new rules!

More important to me would be to have some special offers available on repositioning cruises ... we get excluded from almost all of them!

I suppose the benefits were the old ones because they were in effect at the start of the cruise. Since you never are awarded credits/points until after you complete the cruise, the new system was in place at the end of your cruise.

What's funny is the biggest changes were to the Future Cruise Passages. Doesn't seem like many people have griped about the BIG changes to them. We like transatlantic sailings and Celebrity basically gives you nothing when you use them on a TA. They put transatlantic sailings in the same category as 3-5 day cruises, $50 OBC. It was $300. They say with the new system you can combine the OBC with any offer available like the 1-2-3 Go!, but most other offers don't apply to TA's. We would buy 2 or 3 of them every cruise, but no more.

SDT

Edited by SHill64

Not fair for you at all or any others in the same situation.

What's funny is the biggest changes were to the Future Cruise Passages. Doesn't seem like many people have griped about the BIG changes to them. We like transatlantic sailings and Celebrity basically gives you nothing when you use them on a TA. They put transatlantic sailings in the same category as 3-5 day cruises, $50 OBC. It was $300. They say with the new system you can combine the OBC with any offer available like the 1-2-3 Go!, but most other offers don't apply to TA's. We would buy 2 or 3 of them every cruise, but no more.

SDT

Is it as TAs are so popular or is it they are not?:confused:

SDT

There were quite a few discussions about this back in August after the changes to the Open and Reserved Passages programme was implemented.

We are on a 16-day transatlantic in April that is not at discounted rates -- it is as expensive as any cruise that I've sailed lately -- and we are getting no benefits of any kind other than the OBC from the Open Passages which we happened to have booked on an earlier cruise. Had we not had the original Open Passages certificate, we wouldn't have been eligible for any of the promotions this year. It's a great ship, a good itinerary and we're sailing with friends, so we will keep the reservation, but I don't think we will be booking transatlantics in the future unless things change.

There were quite a few discussions about this back in August after the changes to the Open and Reserved Passages programme was implemented.

We are on a 16-day transatlantic in April that is not at discounted rates -- it is as expensive as any cruise that I've sailed lately -- and we are getting no benefits of any kind other than the OBC from the Open Passages which we happened to have booked on an earlier cruise. Had we not had the original Open Passages certificate, we wouldn't have been eligible for any of the promotions this year. It's a great ship, a good itinerary and we're sailing with friends, so we will keep the reservation, but I don't think we will be booking transatlantics in the future unless things change.

I agree. We just got of the Reflection TA last month. Our AQ cabin was $1700 p/p. That to me is not any cheaper than most 15 night sailings in a AQ cabin. In fact, this Reflection TA only had three ports. Usually the more ports, a bit more money. I have new strategy starting on our next TA. I will wait until we get under 75 days prior to sailing and then book a AQ cabin. There are many cabins open even weeks out and at unbelievable prices. Especially with transatlantics.

I agree. We just got of the Reflection TA last month. Our AQ cabin was $1700 p/p. That to me is not any cheaper than most 15 night sailings in a AQ cabin. In fact, this Reflection TA only had three ports. Usually the more ports, a bit more money. I have new strategy starting on our next TA. I will wait until we get under 75 days prior to sailing and then book a AQ cabin. There are many cabins open even weeks out and at unbelievable prices. Especially with transatlantics.

I am confused, they are popular, as demand keeps their prices as high as any other cruise, yet not too popular, as they have cabins to fill.:confused:

I am confused, they are popular, as demand keeps their prices as high as any other cruise, yet not too popular, as they have cabins to fill.:confused:

When onboard the Reflection last month, I went to the future cruise office and talked to the girls. Celebrity's view is that transatlantic sailings are a great value/cheap. If you book before the final payment period, I disagree with them. Seems about 3 weeks out, Celebrity starts upgrading alot of guests and the price then comes down. I have a friend that has booked five 14-15 days transatlantic cruises under the old Captain's Club system, is Elite and has never paid more than $699 for his cabin. Books last minute. Yes, at that point they are cheaper, but if you want a specific cabin and book well in advance, I say they're no bargain.

That is the only way I will book a TA now, still have 2 old future cruise @ $300 for TA to use

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is the only way I will book a TA now, still have 2 old future cruise @ $300 for TA to use

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Mark! We burned our last old one for next years Silly TA. After that, it's plan the cruise, buy the airfare and wait until after the final payment date to book the cruise. Hear that Celebrity??!! :eek::D

When onboard the Reflection last month, I went to the future cruise office and talked to the girls. Celebrity's view is that transatlantic sailings are a great value/cheap. If you book before the final payment period, I disagree with them. Seems about 3 weeks out, Celebrity starts upgrading alot of guests and the price then comes down. I have a friend that has booked five 14-15 days transatlantic cruises under the old Captain's Club system, is Elite and has never paid more than $699 for his cabin. Books last minute. Yes, at that point they are cheaper, but if you want a specific cabin and book well in advance, I say they're no bargain.

I hear a lot about people getting upgrades ... I have never gotten an upgrade! I was on a cruise with some friends who were first time X cruisers and they got upgraded from 2D to A1 but I have never had that luck. Even with Guarantees, I only get the lowest guaranteed category.

I was the top cruiser in points on two cruises this year and yet did not get an upgrade. Neither cruise was full. At one point I heard we could buy upgrades based on our point total for priority but never heard any more.

True upgrades (not just higher decks) would be a really nice perk!

I hear a lot about people getting upgrades ... I have never gotten an upgrade! I was on a cruise with some friends who were first time X cruisers and they got upgraded from 2D to A1 but I have never had that luck. Even with Guarantees, I only get the lowest guaranteed category.

I was the top cruiser in points on two cruises this year and yet did not get an upgrade. Neither cruise was full. At one point I heard we could buy upgrades based on our point total for priority but never heard any more.

True upgrades (not just higher decks) would be a really nice perk!

Join the club! We've never been upgraded either. I've been told by Celebrity that their revenue department makes the decision and would not tell me the deciding factors. They do many upgrades each cruise. They sell the guarantees and upgrade those booked ahead of them. What the rhyme or reason is, I'd love to know.

Join the club! We've never been upgraded either. I've been told by Celebrity that their revenue department makes the decision and would not tell me the deciding factors. They do many upgrades each cruise. They sell the guarantees and upgrade those booked ahead of them. What the rhyme or reason is, I'd love to know.

The only time I got an upgrade was on my first Princess cruise and it was done 24 hours out. I think the reason we got it was because we had booked a connecting cabin with our in-laws. We had insides and it was the first Princess cruise for them, also. I think someone called at the last minute and wanted to book connecting cabins and, if they couldn't be accommodated, then they would walk.

I think this theory holds true sometimes. Someone wants a specific category or a location and won't book unless they get it. Kinda like when they tell you all that is available is MTD when you want traditional. If you tell them if you can't get traditional you won't book, then all of the sudden you get traditional confirmed.

We got lucky on that one as our upgrade was to a great ocean view in a decent location. Sometimes "upgrades" aren't upgrades. When it is one or two categories higher and, maybe, a slightly bigger cabin but in an undesirable location. In my book, that isn't an upgrade when you picked a cabin that is mid ship or close to an elevator and sent way to the front/aft where you need to pack a lunch and hiking shoes every time you venture out to get back to your cabin.

Hence, we book a cabin we want and say "no upgrades." While it is not a guarantee, at least they may look somewhere else to boot someone rather than us.

I can't envision revenue spending a lot of time going through their bookings to upgrade people just because they have a better categories available. They may have some bookings "flagged" to upgrade because of their status but I really think a lot of upgrades are to move people around to fill cabins that would otherwise go empty. A lot of times close to sailing you see only guarantees are available in certain categories. That is to give them wiggle room for last minute bookings they might lose if the only thing available are the more expensive cabins.

Just my 2 cents which is worth about that!

Tucker in Texas

The only time I got an upgrade was on my first Princess cruise and it was done 24 hours out. I think the reason we got it was because we had booked a connecting cabin with our in-laws. We had insides and it was the first Princess cruise for them, also. I think someone called at the last minute and wanted to book connecting cabins and, if they couldn't be accommodated, then they would walk.

I think this theory holds true sometimes. Someone wants a specific category or a location and won't book unless they get it. Kinda like when they tell you all that is available is MTD when you want traditional. If you tell them if you can't get traditional you won't book, then all of the sudden you get traditional confirmed.

We got lucky on that one as our upgrade was to a great ocean view in a decent location. Sometimes "upgrades" aren't upgrades. When it is one or two categories higher and, maybe, a slightly bigger cabin but in an undesirable location. In my book, that isn't an upgrade when you picked a cabin that is mid ship or close to an elevator and sent way to the front/aft where you need to pack a lunch and hiking shoes every time you venture out to get back to your cabin.

Hence, we book a cabin we want and say "no upgrades." While it is not a guarantee, at least they may look somewhere else to boot someone rather than us.

I can't envision revenue spending a lot of time going through their bookings to upgrade people just because they have a better categories available. They may have some bookings "flagged" to upgrade because of their status but I really think a lot of upgrades are to move people around to fill cabins that would otherwise go empty. A lot of times close to sailing you see only guarantees are available in certain categories. That is to give them wiggle room for last minute bookings they might lose if the only thing available are the more expensive cabins.

Just my 2 cents which is worth about that!

Tucker in Texas

If it is based on status, then Celebrity lied to me. After many cruises, 1410 points and no upgrades, I called Celebrity specifically to talk about what it takes to get an upgrade once in a blue moon. I was told the revenue dept. has a method, but would not elaborate. They assured me it has nothing to do with Captain's Club status.