The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

We have not sailed Celebrity a lot but have enjoyed the cruises that we have done. It looks to me that we are coming out a bit behind with the new CC program. With our January b/b cruises in Concierge we would have been one Concierge cruise away from Elite. If I have done the math correctly, under the new scheme we will be 21 nights in Concierge to achieve Elite. I know it is their program and they make the rules....but this does not make me happy.:mad:

What magazine are you talking about?

Kind of like a brochure...newsletter? haven't received one in quite a while, but got one yesterday.

It has been stated on Celebrity's Facebook page that yes, Elite members will continue to receive Priority Tender tickets. :)

Called Captain's Club today and was told that it has been discontinued :eek:

Guess I'll just wait until my next tender port.

Kind of like a brochure...newsletter? haven't received one in quite a while, but got one yesterday.

Called Captain's Club today and was told that it has been discontinued :eek:

Guess I'll just wait until my next tender port.

On our last cruise, I don't know if they had priority tickets but I doubt it as we are not Elite and manged to get tender ticket 3 as long as we were ready to go. The tickets had been available for around 30 mins that morning on a come as you want to leave basis.:D

On our last cruise, I don't know if they had priority tickets but I doubt it as we are not Elite and manged to get tender ticket 3 as long as we were ready to go. The tickets had been available for around 30 mins that morning on a come as you want to leave basis.:D

The ELite people are directed to a separate lounge for tendering. On the Century it was the Martini Bar. Then the staff walk people down in groups like a tour.

You wouldn't see the Elite people where the regular tender tickets are distributed.

It's a nice perk, I hope it is still in place. :)

I feel we are very fortunate to have such an excellent loyalty program. Are there things that might work better for dh and me? Probably - such as always having the flexibility of drink vouchers vs. just the evening Elite lounge, but it isn't all about just the two of us but perhaps based on collective passenger feedback and what makes sense business-wise for Celebrity. We very much enjoy cruising with Celebrity over other cruise lines (except maybe Azamara) and these benefits certainly add to our enjoyment. Suzanne, thanks too for reminding us what is even more important.

We were on the Eclipse (Nov. 16th sailing) when the change was announced although additional benefits for Elite + didn't implement until sailings Nov. 25th or after. I can understand the disappoint of moving a little further away from achieving Elite due to the change because the Elite benefits are fantastic. In our case, we are happy that we still have the free bag of laundry (now 2 bags w/ Elite +), our Internet minutes (now 200 minutes w/ Elite + - love that!), and an Elite breakfast lounge (we haven't used evening lounge much).

why not be happy- more-finally- internet minutes and 2 bags of laundry.. i would like free water and good coffee-thought that was included.

i was lucky as i do sail in AQ class or small suites- you pay plenty for them too.

With Elite +, you can get cappuccinos & lattes throughout the day. Maybe possibly trade for other coffee or premium tea at same or lower price? Not sure because this is a new benefit at the Elite + level and I haven't heard feedback on this yet and staff onboard our recent Eclipse cruise (just got back a few days ago) didn't know as the change had not implemented yet. Also, when Elite drink vouchers are used, a passenger can use one to get Evian or Celebrity bottled water; at least that is the way it was on our recent Eclipse cruise where we got 3 drink vouchers per day, per person as an Elite benefit.

Kathy

Is there any type of priority line for tendering BACK to the ship? We never get off the ship early, so the priority perk at that point is one we don't take advantage of. On the other hand, when you're (potentially) hot/sweaty/tired getting back to the ship early would be handy.

Tom

Is there any type of priority line for tendering BACK to the ship? We never get off the ship early, so the priority perk at that point is one we don't take advantage of. On the other hand, when you're (potentially) hot/sweaty/tired getting back to the ship early would be handy.

Tom

Interesting post. On one of our Celebrity cruises every port except one was a tender port. At Bora Bora I was standing in line waiting for a tender and was thinking that it would be nice to have a priority tender ticket to return to the ship. But we've never seen a priority tender tickets to return from shore to ship.

The ELite people are directed to a separate lounge for tendering. On the Century it was the Martini Bar. Then the staff walk people down in groups like a tour.

You wouldn't see the Elite people where the regular tender tickets are distributed.

It's a nice perk, I hope it is still in place. :)

Right, It was nice to actually have plenty of tenders allowing us to get off the ship within the first half hour (without the madness of lines) of the tender process and having the bulk of people to get off the ship within the first one and a half hours. Previously, that wait could be anywhere up to 3 hours.:D

Interesting post. On one of our Celebrity cruises every port except one was a tender port. At Bora Bora I was standing in line waiting for a tender and was thinking that it would be nice to have a priority tender ticket to return to the ship. But we've never seen a priority tender tickets to return from shore to ship.

Several years ago Carnival was allowing Platinum guests front of the line access for the trip back to the ship. We enjoyed that perk a few times. It has since quietly faded, and no longer occurs to my knowledge. When conversations come up on the Carnival board regarding such "privileges", within a couple of posts people are coming out of the woodwork carrying the ENTITLED or ELITIST banner - likening it to a class system. :confused:

Tom

Me either, but then I am not worthy of the Elite perks. Although, they usually do hand out icy cold towels to wipe your face and neck, as well as drinks of juice/cordial to keep people who are waiting a little more comfortable. :D

I don't think anyone does a priority line back aboard. It's is easy to slip Elites and Suites into the tender line getting off (just looks like any other tour) -- coming back could cause a riot if people were passed over by others.

I don't think anyone does a priority line back aboard. It's is easy to slip Elites and Suites into the tender line getting off (just looks like any other tour) -- coming back could cause a riot if people were passed over by others.[/quote]

Yes, you maybe right there. After a long day on shore, when they are hot and sweaty and waiting, people's fuses would be very short.:eek:

I don't think anyone does a priority line back aboard. It's is easy to slip Elites and Suites into the tender line getting off (just looks like any other tour) -- coming back could cause a riot if people were passed over by others.

Yes, on more than one occasion (again, this was on Carnival) we were greeted by stern looks by those waiting in line... even when there were signs up at the front for the Platinum guests.

Tom

MicCanberra;40859803]

Yes, you maybe right there. After a long day on shore, when they are hot and sweaty and waiting, people's fuses would be very short.:eek:

My fuse was very short when I had to wait 3hrs to get off Eclipse in Split in 2010.

We certainly didn't have to wait more than half an Hr to return to the ship.

More than anything this is the perk that I was determined to work towards to Elite, to gain.

Edited by upwarduk

Looking at the changes to the Captain's Club it appears that only suite passengers are ever likely to achieve either of the two new tiers. IMO this probably means that over time Celebrity will migrate all their worthwhile benefits upwards into these new tiers leaving the remaining riff raff (that's us, the majority of their passengers) to reminisce about the good old days at their one and only jam packed Captains Club morning coffee break complete with biscuits, whilst the cruising Gordon Gekkos will be sheltered from the common herd enjoying their daily cocktail parties on the bridge with the Captain.

I must ask my shrink why I am such a cynic. :rolleyes::D:cool:

Edited by terrierjohn

We have not sailed Celebrity a lot but have enjoyed the cruises that we have done. It looks to me that we are coming out a bit behind with the new CC program. With our January b/b cruises in Concierge we would have been one Concierge cruise away from Elite. If I have done the math correctly, under the new scheme we will be 21 nights in Concierge to achieve Elite. I know it is their program and they make the rules....but this does not make me happy.:mad:

It sounds like you had 7 points in the old program.

That would give you 240 points in the new program. As a result, you would need a 12 night cruise in CC to get you to Elite status. So the same time frame as you used to have.

It sounds like you had 7 points in the old program.

That would give you 240 points in the new program. As a result, you would need a 12 night cruise in CC to get you to Elite status. So the same time frame as you used to have.

I think the problem is that putterdude doesn't have the 240 points as he posted 'With our January b/b cruises in Concierge we would have been one Concierge cruise away from Elite.'

My guess is that he only has 6 points and was looking at getting 3 or 4 from his B2B.

Edited by MicCanberra

Well everyone is close but we only had 4 credits under the old plan and with the January b/b in Concierge we would have had 8 points which under the old plan would only have taken 1 more 7 day cruise in Concierge to have reached Elite. If I have done the math correctly (and that could be suspect) under the new plan we will require the equivalent of 21 days in Concierge or as much as 3 cruise to have achieved Elite. I have sent an email off to CC today as I rather suspect that we are one of the people who were inadvertently allowed to slip between the cracks.

It is not a huge deal as we have 20 cruises with Princess and are Elite with them but we have been on the cusp of looking for a new "favourite" cruise line and each time we cruise with X we feel like we have found it. However, with the new plan the goal posts have been moved and this tends to be a disincentive for us.

Well everyone is close but we only had 4 credits under the old plan and with the January b/b in Concierge we would have had 8 points which under the old plan would only have taken 1 more 7 day cruise in Concierge to have reached Elite. If I have done the math correctly (and that could be suspect) under the new plan we will require the equivalent of 21 days in Concierge or as much as 3 cruise to have achieved Elite. I have sent an email off to CC today as I rather suspect that we are one of the people who were inadvertently allowed to slip between the cracks.

It is not a huge deal as we have 20 cruises with Princess and are Elite with them but we have been on the cusp of looking for a new "favourite" cruise line and each time we cruise with X we feel like we have found it. However, with the new plan the goal posts have been moved and this tends to be a disincentive for us.

Four tier credits would have given you 120 points. That is still 30 points away from Select and 180 points away from Elite. You B2B must be 15 days in total (75 points) which then leaves you the 21 days short (105 points). I wish you all the luck but I cannot see them doing much about it for you. I can understand your disappointment but surely the perks are not the only reason to sail X.:D

Four tier credits would have given you 120 points. That is still 30 points away from Select and 180 points away from Elite. You B2B must be 15 days in total (75 points) which then leaves you the 21 days short (105 points). I wish you all the luck but I cannot see them doing much about it for you. I can understand your disappointment but surely the perks are not the only reason to sail X.:D

Thank you for confirming my math and for your condolences.

Now, I am not a genus when it comes to marketing but I have always been of the view that loyalty programs are set in place to keep customers and increase market share. At a time when the world economy is in a fragile state of recovery and cruise lines are giving away cabins to make up pro-forma shortfalls in other profit centers, it strikes me a being a dumb move to alienate a current customer over a loyalty program? It strikes me as though the changes were not well thought out.

At a time when we are casting around for a new cruise line home, we have had great problems with their Open Passage certificates and now the loyal program....so if Celebrity is reading this....why should we bother to return?:confused:

Not been through the actual numbers(a graph* would be good) but the new program makes the transitions more progressive and representative of the value(days/grade not money) of your cruises.

under the old scheme the relative easyness of getting to a new level between suite and inside was not wide enough.

Short cruises also got higher benifit than longer ones

* I won't have time for a while, but might look at plotting the info it would show that insides are the big loosers on the program and the suites are the winners inbetween there will be some changes in the status jumps.

I wonder if any cruise line will come up with more progressive benifits based on points not "status" that way you get a bit more every time you add points.

eg.

internet minutes.

Discounts on a beverage packages and/or drink coupons.

Thank you for confirming my math and for your condolences.

Now, I am not a genus when it comes to marketing but I have always been of the view that loyalty programs are set in place to keep customers and increase market share. At a time when the world economy is in a fragile state of recovery and cruise lines are giving away cabins to make up pro-forma shortfalls in other profit centers, it strikes me a being a dumb move to alienate a current customer over a loyalty program? It strikes me as though the changes were not well thought out.

At a time when we are casting around for a new cruise line home, we have had great problems with their Open Passage certificates and now the loyal program....so if Celebrity is reading this....why should we bother to return?:confused:

I am sure that the loyalty program was amended purely with an eye on the bottom line. That said, even without the perks, I feel that X stands above the other cruise lines I have been on such as P&O, NCL and even Princess. At the end of the day, you have total control over who you cruise with.:D

I wonder if any cruise line will come up with more progressive benifits based on points not "status" that way you get a bit more every time you add points.

eg.

internet minutes.

Discounts on a beverage packages and/or drink coupons.

Interesting strategy, if the points are based on expenditure, the Suites would still be progressing much quicker than inside cabins.:D

Flora and I are lucky enough to currently be cruising in Silhouette as Zenith Members, there is one other Zenith couple on board, 130 Elite Plus, and 650 Elite Members. The cruise began on 1 Dec, we were also aboard for the pervious cruise and were informed the new perks begin on the this cruise but not briefed as to what they were until the official letter was sent. Of course scuttlebutt was running wild. By now you all are familiar with what each tier level has. Well worth the wait for me, eh! ~ Rick

Edited by RMSeadog

Interesting strategy, if the points are based on expenditure, the Suites would still be progressing much quicker than inside cabins.:D

We spent more in that darned jewelry store last year on the Reflection than we did on our Celebrity Suite. I'd love to see them factor in some additional (point) incentive there as well... not holding my breath though!

I always love the way they say DUTY FREE (even when something is +$5G). Yep, it's "duty free" until you hit customs... :eek: ... that's icing on the cake when you're already dealing with the "fun" that is debarkation morning (they are kind enough to accept all major credit cards for your convenience)! :D

Tom