New Royal Caribbean commercial-What you think of it?

thumbs up!!:) I was sort of laughing too though because having I was also picturing the zoo in the windjammer during embarkation lunch, the line up to check out pool towels, and "washy washy" people as you enter to eat.

Edited by Dharma517

I'm pretty "meh" about this one. But the latest Carnival commercial, about all the memories you make on a cruise, chokes me up every.single.time. Bad. But I'm weird -- the "shell" commercials were my all-time fave for Royal! I guess they spoke to me, because that's exactly why I cruise -- because the sea calls to me. :)

-gina-

I loved the images, but I want a theme song.

Just today I was listening to the start of the Jim Rome show on the radio. He uses "Lust for Life" in his intro. It still makes me think of Royal Caribbean. Maybe I'll start a thread for people to suggest a new Royal Theme.

I'm pretty "meh" about this one. But the latest Carnival commercial, about all the memories you make on a cruise, chokes me up every.single.time. Bad. But I'm weird -- the "shell" commercials were my all-time fave for Royal! I guess they spoke to me, because that's exactly why I cruise -- because the sea calls to me. :)

-gina-

You beat me to it. :p My mind twin, we think a lot alike!

I saw it and I like it. BUT....I will not hear that music randomly and think of cruising.

Edited by BLAMBKY

I'm pretty "meh" about this one. But the latest Carnival commercial, about all the memories you make on a cruise, chokes me up every.single.time. Bad.

-gina-

Totally agree. I've always liked Carnival's advertising better for whatever reason, perhaps they have a better ad agency. The "memories" one definitely hit home though as I've made MANY excellent, long-lasting memories on Carnival cruises... and Royal cruises too!

Meh, no. 5 minutes later all I remember is that I need to book a massage at home (and I see the person having the hot rocks put on her back from the ad). Doesn't make me think of cruising.

I still prefer

AWESOME. I'd forgotten about that exact commercial, but we loved watching it at the time. Helped that our very first cruise was our honeymoon, on Radiance, in Alaska, in the timeframe when those ads were showing! We weren't doing any of those things shown in the ad or talked about, but the ad still was perfect and exciting and I wish they were doing those still.

As for the twitter generation...are we sure we should be encouraging those "let's pretend we have ADHD" types of commercials? If you can't even focus on an image aren't we just waltzing ourselves right into full-blown subliminal advertising?

I love ALL cruise commercials, just because they make me happy. Stompy, do you remember the one with the guy golfing and just as he putts, the ship blows its horn? The Lust for Life commercials were all great, I love this song because of them. I loved the Carnival ones with anchors aweigh with the ships horn at the end. I found one on youtube, the guy is meh, but the horn is fabulous!

With the W _ W having the images replace the "O" in WOW,

all I could think about is WWW as in http://www.royalcaribbean.com and how I can't access my reservation online since they did their system "upgrades".

The music made me think of the 1988 commercial, a much better commercial than this one.

Also liked the Lust For Life commercials.

Edited by TM38Rob
Add a Like for the Lust For Life commercials

Like it! However if you are only listening to TV and not watching it you will miss it, I have the thing on as background at times. It makes cruising seem very exciting not newlywed or nearly dead.

I agree with this post. The first few times it was on, I was busy doing something else and not watching the TV. It needs some words. So many people are multi-tasking and not always watching what is on the TV screen. If you aren't watching, it has no effect on you.