Laundry again!

luv4cruises

I am considering using the laundry service for the first time. I forgot to ask in my previous post if anyone has had Hawaiian shirts, and Dockers laundered?

If so, do they come back in need of ironing or ready to wear.

I so want to pack LESS!

Thanks.

Normally the laundry does a good job, but every once in awhile they mess up, so be careful what you send in.

Once we had underwear come back gray and dingy - looked like they mopped the floor with them.

Last cruise they scorched my white shirt (I did not notice until we got back home so did not complain about it).

I would not send in delicate items nor expensive ones.

DaveOKC

Yes, they are ironed and ready to wear - and look a lot better than when I have run them through my own laundry! I have had only one complaint in the years that I have been sending clothes through the ship's laundry, and that was on our recent Ryndam cruise. The room steward noted that the laundry had sent my capris back with a note real "spots". The spots looked like bleach had hit them, small spots but spots nonetheless. I knew that they were not on them pants when they were delivered to the laundry. Not a big deal since they were just casual pants. However, I agree, that I would not send expensive or delicate clothes through the laundry.

Our experience is that everything is returned ready to wear. Pressed (ironed) but not dry cleaned. Shirts, including Hawai'ian, are on hangars.

Same here, we love the laundry service, really allows you to pack lighter.

I am taking a 'junk cruise' to meet 4 star mariner -- so I can have free laundry for a long trip, where the Neptune Suite is more than twice the fare of a regular balcony -- plus the flying internationally weight limits. I've used the laundry for years -- worth the cost, better than what I can do at home.

I am taking a 'junk cruise' to meet 4 star mariner -- so I can have free laundry for a long trip, where the Neptune Suite is more than twice the fare of a regular balcony -- plus the flying internationally weight limits. I've used the laundry for years -- worth the cost, better than what I can do at home.

Makes sense to me! Out of curiosity, what do you consider a junk cruise?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This time of year, I didn't think there were any cruises under a week but maybe they will book a low cost cabin on a week Caribbean cruise to pick up the days they need to reach Four Star?

I'm thinking it would be seven days. Work is always shaky for me so I watch prices just in case I'm expelled. I'll be out of this cold and snow in about 5 seconds. Prices are low right now.

I have DH's dockers dry cleaned.

All garments you send to the ship's laundry that should be pressed, will be returned ironed. You will select if you want shirts hung or folded.

The laundry did a good job, however, on DH's Dockers on the Ryndam. At least they come back pressed, which is more than they get when I wash them at home!

This time of year, I didn't think there were any cruises under a week but maybe they will book a low cost cabin on a week Caribbean cruise to pick up the days they need to reach Four Star?
There's a 4-day on the Eurodam Dec 18th. :)

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/FindCruises.action?cfVer=4&destCode=&regionCode=&dateCode=12_2013&__checkbox_flexibleMonths=true&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&durationCode=1&embarkPort=&ship=ED

Edited by jtl513

If I lived in Florida and didn't need air, I'd take that cruise. I think it's a great 'getaway'. You should book it, John. :)