Hal cruise fare

Noticed that the USA fare for our Medditeranean cruise next year has gone down dramatically. There is now a $1100 PER PERSON difference between what our cruise fare is in Australia to what the USA fare is. The only difference at the moment is that the explore 4 offer is still valid here in Australia and that certainly does not make up anywhere near the difference in cost. We will wait and see if HAL reduce the Aussie fare once the explore 4 offer ends in a week or two.

The same thing has happened to the pricing for our NA cruise in Oct 2014. From your count down, it looks like we are doing the same 24 night itinerary, but in reverse.

What is interesting is that the price drops are not across all categories. Some haven't changed since the Explore 4 package ended for US bookings, while others have dropped dramatically.

I booked directly with HAL, and the two most important questions I asked were would there be any penalty if we cancel before final payment date (answer was no, we'll get back the full deposit) and if there is a price drop before final payment would we get it? The answer was yes. But the price drops will have to be on the Australian site, not the US one. There hasn't been any change in our pricing yet. I do check every day though, and will be straight on the phone if/when it happens! :D

Edited by croydonCruiser

The same thing has happened to the pricing for our NA cruise in Oct 2014. From your count down, it looks like we are doing the same 24 night itinerary, but in reverse.

What is interesting is that the price drops are not across all categories. Some haven't changed since the Explore 4 package ended for US bookings, while others have dropped dramatically.

I booked directly with HAL, and the two most important questions I asked were would there be any penalty if we cancel before final payment date (answer was no, we'll get back the full deposit) and if there is a price drop before final payment would we get it? The answer was yes. But the price drops will have to be on the Australian site, not the US one. There hasn't been any change in our pricing yet. I do check every day though, and will be straight on the phone if/when it happens! :D

I hope HAL drops prices on their Aus site to match their US sites. If not, why would you book your overseas HAL cruises in Australia?

They wouldn't let me book using a US TA. I tried! :rolleyes:

Same here. Can't book through the USA. I'm waiting for the early 2015 ex Sydney cruises to come down in price! At the moment they are about 2k more than their 2014 equivalents. Will it happen?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

We booked our last Med cruise back in 2011 on HAL through a USA website and saved heaps. Unfortunately HAL no longer allow Aussies to book through the same website anymore. The USA website has fares similar to HAL USA website. We wait to see what prices HAL Australia come up with in the next week or so.

We booked our last Med cruise back in 2011 on HAL through a USA website and saved heaps. Unfortunately HAL no longer allow Aussies to book through the same website anymore. The USA website has fares similar to HAL USA website. We wait to see what prices HAL Australia come up with in the next week or so.

Even though you booked through them before they changed their rules?

I thought you could continue your relationship with your US TA as long as you had booked with them before.

Even though you booked through them before they changed their rules?

I thought you could continue your relationship with your US TA as long as you had booked with them before.

Unfortunately not,believe me we tried. It's a pity because the usa company was really good and we had no problems with anything. They still had our details on file and if we were cruising with Royal Carribean there wouldn't have been a problem but with HAL and their associated cruise lines(carnival etc) we cant do anything.

Unfortunately not,believe me we tried. It's a pity because the usa company was really good and we had no problems with anything. They still had our details on file and if we were cruising with Royal Carribean there wouldn't have been a problem but with HAL and their associated cruise lines(carnival etc) we cant do anything.

If HAL Australia doesn't match HAL US prices, I'd be booking with Royal Carribean or one of the other cruise lines, which you can book via USA. But then I like a fair go and I'm stubborn on matters of principle! :)