It's Complicated -- review just published

true45

[quote name='true45']computerworks,
reading comprehension? you are studying the review, know how many years I was married, yet??????:p.[/QUOTE]

Quote: "...trying Oceania for 1st time, Oceania all the way for our big 45th Anniversary trip"

:cool:

[quote name='true45']Have a question for computerworks,
Considering your screen name -- can you help me upload a new picture into my signature? It got to the point that it is "false advertising" -- I've gotten a bit older.
I couldn't get the old pic to delete, then cruisecritic helped me & said I could now upload it but it won't take it. It is blank, just shows the cruises taken which I want to shrink.
Thanks for your help.
Linda[/QUOTE]

Sure... right now your sig is blank. What can I help with?

Thanks Ron
I had to ask CruiseCritic for help to delete the old signature pic (I've stopped putting it on all the posts for brevity anyway)

So now the pic is gone (cruises still there), I press browse on the 2nd bar to add pic from my computer & the jpg appears there in the bar, so I press upload

After a while when the circle stops spinning I press save but pic is not there.

Don't understand why

Linda

[quote name='true45']I press browse on the 2nd bar to add pic from my computer & the jpg appears there in the bar, so I press upload

After a while when the circle stops spinning I press save but pic is not there.

[/QUOTE]

For a sig pic...the image must be very tight.

"...The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB"

You can right-click on your picture file and see if properties comply.
If not, it won't upload.

(we can take this to e-mail if you want, as to not "steam up" this thread with off-topic stuff. :p )

I can help resize the image for you if it helps... let me know.

[quote name='digtexas']Ask them for a little help and it softens them up!:)[/QUOTE]

Hey... I am always a softy when it comes to tech help. ;)

[quote name='cruzmaven']Shame he wasn't on board to fix the bathroom door lock.[/QUOTE]

Would have... I never travel without tools.

[quote name='true45']shopperfiendTO, et al
You just can't admit Oceania screwed up, you will pick me apart until forever or is that another joke at my expense. You missed the point entirely[/quote]

It was not picking you apart or making a joke at your expense. I was responding to your reason for locking the door. Putting a sign on your door tells the crew not to enter your cabin.

I am not an O cheerleader nor a hater. I dislike several things about O and am quite aware of and have experienced O screw-ups. But we move on and don't it let fester to ruin our entire experience on the cruise and onward (other than as an answer/anecdote when asked).

I do hope you find a cruise line to your liking.

[quote name='ShopperfiendTO']It was not picking you apart or making a joke at your expense. I was responding to your reason for locking the door. Putting a sign on your door tells the crew not to enter your cabin.

I am not an O cheerleader nor a hater. I dislike several things about O and am quite aware of and have experienced O screw-ups. But we move on and don't it let fester to ruin our entire experience on the cruise and onward (other than as an answer/anecdote when asked).

I do hope you find a cruise line to your liking.[/quote]

Well said.

There is a recent Princess thread complaining about cabin attendants using their master key to override the deadbolt -- housekeeping supervisor stated that company policy is that ONLY the Do-Not-Disturb sign is viewed as a request for privacy.

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1949124[/url]

• 1 month later...
At least she knew her husband would be back eventually. My scariest bathroom experience was being locked in a stall in the Business Lounge of Lufthansa. I was afraid that if I was not rescued, we would miss our
business class flight to Nice. The attendant was no help as a maintenance person could not be located. Fortunately another passenger previously had the same problem and between the two of us, we managed to get it opened.
( I asked them to page my husband, but mispronounced our name so he had no idea that he was being paged.)

[quote name='true45']computerworks,
r...
My husband was not in the cabin, the cabin door was left un-deadbolted for him to reenter if I was still in the shower. The bathroom door was locked to prevent employees, etc. from entering. Surprised I have to explain this to you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShopperfiendTO']That's what the "privacy please" sign is for.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I have never once locked the bathroom door on a cruise, alone in the cabin or not.

That being said, if I had had the OP's experiences with the cavalier attitude of staff on Riviera, I would never cruise Oceania again either.

(The luggage thing--it's normal, it annoys me too, but I'm used to it, and often I have the suitcases out before the stewardess since I like to get partially packed early on the last day.)