Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

However the new point system works, it should be interesting when we do find out.

We've been on a variety of 1, 2 and 3 point cruises. The one that "bugged" us the most was the Galapagos cruise. It was such an expensive week cruise and we only got one point. (and no bag at all - I was hoping for one of the leather handle ones) Maybe the new system will handle some things differently.

I guess we wait and learn.

..........I think they (posters suggesting Zenith) were just joking. From the responses to the suggestion I guess we need to be careful when trying to be funny.

I agree those proposing Founders get a Zenith status are having fun, but I bet there will be a whole lot of knit-picking complaints when the new program does come out. You can count on it.

When Celebrity started up the a Elite social hr, there were a number of complaints: the free drinks weren't the brands they drink; the hours weren't exactly in line with what they wanted; they couldn't bring all their non-Elite friends in with them; they weren't Elite and felt like second-class because they couldn't go into Michaels or the Sky Lounge exactly when they wanted.

"I only drink 20yr old Single Malts and my wife won't touch a wine that doesn't cost $200...how dare you offer up these cheap imitations!!!" My response was always - you can get exactly what you insist-just go buy it.

Let's just see how this rollout is responded to. Stand by for fun and games. It's funny how many people get bent when someone gets a good deal and they don't.

Den

The cruise that we are on now, ending tomorrow has already been updated on our Elite Status page.

That has never happened before..

From the My Celebrity page:

Your status:

ELITE

You are an ELITE Captain's Club member with 300-749 club points. You need 750+ club points to become an ELITE PLUS Captain's Club member.

The cruise that we are on now, ending tomorrow has already been updated on our Elite Status page.

That has never happened before..

From the My Celebrity page:

Mine is showing as:

Your status:

Status not available. Please check again later.:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by iSailor

I was just going to post what was JUST posted above :) So it's official - 1 old credit equals 30 new points.

Fine. My 10 credits equals 300 points which keeps me in Elite.

But the question remains how will we calculate NEW sailings? 30 points for a sailing, 30 additional for CC, AQ or Suite and 30 additional for 12+ nights making you elegible for 90 points?

Jason

But the question remains how will we calculate NEW sailings? 30 points for a sailing, 30 additional for CC, AQ or Suite and 30 additional for 12+ nights making you elegible for 90 points?

Jason

I should hope so, as anything less will represent a downgrading of the programme and Elite Plus almost impossible for many of us to attain - I guess they'll tell us eventually.;)

Edited by harz99

My Captains Club page now shows the new points and conversion.

(We are D+ on RCCL= Elite...for a while now)

I had 9 credits with Celebrity = 270 points.

Since we were only 1 point away from being Elite (in our own right:)) Celebrity gave us 16 points making our new credits 286.

In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points.

So, according to Celebrity Elite is not at 300 points....???

So far I am happy and as I cruise for the experience and not credits I suspect I will continue to be a very happy Celebrity camper.

Edited by I-Cruiser

They've updated the site with points info (in the UK at least)

Sailing in an inside/ocean view: 2 points

Sailing in a veranda: 3 points

Concierge class/aqua class: 5 points

Sky, aqua class or century suite: 8

Celebrity, signature or royal suite: 12

reflection or penthouse suite: 18

You get this info by holding the mouse over the question mark next to the box that tells you how many points you have earned.

On my son's account there is the extra 30 points. He has 210 points plus 30 for a total of 240 with a note that says since you are so close to the next level we gave you thirty points. He should be at elite but they won't recognize four Bermuda cruises he went on for which I submitted paperwork several years ago but that's another story and a long one.

You get this info by holding the mouse over the question mark next to the box that tells you how many points you have earned.

Same for Celebrity USA website.

My Captains Club page now shows the new points and conversion.

(We are D+ on RCCL= Elite...for a while now)

I had 9 credits with Celebrity = 270 points.

Since we were only 1 point away from being Elite (in our own right:)) Celebrity gave us 16 points making our new credits 286.

In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points.

So, according to Celebrity Elite is not at 300 points....???

So far I am happy and as I cruise for the experience and not credits I suspect I will continue to be a very happy Celebrity camper.

Does your status say Elite or Select?

Wow--a balcony is now worth only 10% of what it was b-4? And a penthouse about 25%. What a price increase? I understand that they have too many Elites now, but a 1000% increase??That's what happens when cruise lines are run by accountants!

I suspect those points will be per day. No evidence to support this, but it would seem the most likely explanation as a veranda will then equal 21 points for a week long cruise (and a Concierge Class will equal 35)

Assuming that system, it is going to take 450 CC/AQ cruises to move from Elite Plus to Zenith. Not in my lifetime. :(

I wonder if there will be other ways to earn points. Very interesting.

Kathy